Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2024 3:12:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agilmore01]
Have a Huxwrx Ventum on hold at the FFL. Trying to decide which HUB system to go with. Huxwrx/OSS makes their own muzzle brakes and flash hider, which they say spins the air in the direction of the suppressor internals, which in turn help it be more effective in some way (maybe moving air out the front quicker/easier??). Does anyone think or know if this is true? Is it worth paying $140 for a muzzle brake and $240 for the HUB device to get any such added benefit? If not, I may just go with Plan B. Plus, finding any of their HUB attachments in stock is nearly impossible at the moment. Thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a low backpressure can...it'll never be quiet.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
It's true. I've seen it demonstrated on Youtube.

However it's moot.  It's a taper mount (like plan B is). A taper mount requires more force to remove than it does to tighten.  If you have the muzzle device properly torqued on the barrel threads and tighten the can properly onto the muzzle device, it won't come off on its own.  That's true with all the taper mounts, HuxWrx's mount and Plan B included.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:22:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 10milg29:
It's a low backpressure can...it'll never be quiet.
View Quote

That wasn't the OP's question.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:25:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: prebans] [#4]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By agilmore01:
Have a Huxwrx Ventum on hold at the FFL. Trying to decide which HUB system to go with. Huxwrx/OSS makes their own muzzle brakes and flash hider, which they say spins the air in the direction of the suppressor internals, which in turn help it slbe more effective in some way. Does anything think or know this is true? Is it worth paying $140 for a muzzle brake and $240 for the HUB device to get any such added benefit? If not, I may just go with Plan B. Plus, funding any of their HUB attachments in stock is nearly impossible at the moment. Thanks for any advice.
View Quote
I would say that yes, it’s likely their muzzle devices work better with their internals over other manufacturers. I don’t think it’s worth the price tag however. Just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:48:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#6]
deleted
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Shop around for their HUB mount.  I bought two for $180 each.  I really like their muzzle devices as they're reverse threaded and the venting keeps the can from coming loose.  It's a brilliant, simple design that works.  I do think overall their muzzle devices and the HUB QD are a bit heavy but they're also bomb proof.  The HUX was 4 grams heavier than the Dead Air Keymo on my scale.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I went with the griffin plan A. But I’m wanting to try a reverse thread xeno mount now.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:56:24 AM EDT
[#9]
As a dealer, I have a VENTUM 762 as a demo can.  I have used it with a variety of mounts.  The plan B/rearden taper mounts and the HUXWRX HUB adapter (for HUX muzzle devices) might be my favorites.those are obviously two very different styles, but I like the.

The biggest, obvious downside to HUXWRX is cost and availability.

On the other hand, Plan B style are pretty affordable and somewhat easy to find.  Same is true for Plan A style.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:57:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: romad99] [#10]
DUPE
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:04:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pyro556] [#11]
Does the Ventum series do the same thing as the Flow series, where it's ejecting the gasses radially to constantly tighten the can with each shot? If so, I would highly recommend a reverse thread setup, like the Huxwrx or Xeno systems and to Rockset the muzzle device on. It's either that, or you're going to be really hoping the Rockset doesn't come loose when taking the can off.

I really like the Huxwrx QD system on the Flow 556k, but the one downside to the Huxwrx system is weight. Their HUB adapter is chunky at 4 oz, plus 3.3 oz for the Flow flash hider. It isn't bad for the Flow series, since the adapter is built into the can (my total Flow 556k system weight when brand new was 14.95 oz per my scale), but the Ventum 556 is already a bit heavy at 15.2 oz on its own (I'm assuming this is with the direct thread adapter). 15.2 oz + 4 oz + 3.3 oz - 2.5 oz (est for the direct thread adapter) = 20 oz total system weight. A Ventum 556 with Xeno Xero would have a total system weight of 16.5 oz and a Rearden Minimalist setup would be 16.4 oz total system weight.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I've never really looked at the DA Zeno before.  It looks like a decent option if you don't care about length.  I like the left hand threads.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:56:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#13]
Originally Posted By Pyro556:
Does the Ventum series do the same thing as the Flow series, where it's ejecting the gasses radially to constantly tighten the can with each shot? If so, I would highly recommend a reverse thread setup, like the Huxwrx or Xeno systems and to Rockset the muzzle device on. It's either that, or you're going to be really hoping the Rockset doesn't come loose when taking the can off.

View Quote
 You using a lefty threaded bbl?

I don’t have a Ventum to comment on the twistyness of it while firing, but as far as the muzzle device goes, its a brake (yes, even their flash hider), so any other brake that protrudes the same amount into the blast chamber should perform identically, or nearly so, with the can attached. There are a number of Plan A/B, etc systems that would do this for less cost and more availability compared to what is posted in this thread for the Hux devices.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#14]
My personal opinion would be to go with one of their other cans with the built in mount, if you’re going to use it anyway. It’ll save you some weight. The whole purpose of the HUB setup is to allow you to use other systems; any of the mentioned taper mounts would be good, I use Plan A.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I am looking at going with Rearden Plan B. Might be my better option. For what I have seen, after shooting about 200 rounds using the Hux devices, it tightens itself so much sometimes you have to use solvent or extreme torque to remove the suppressor. Do t want that if I plan to swap it around.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By agilmore01:
I am looking at going with Rearden Plan B. Might be my better option. For what I have seen, after shooting about 200 rounds using the Hux devices, it tightens itself so much sometimes you have to use solvent or extreme torque to remove the suppressor. Do t want that if I plan to swap it around.
View Quote

I think you'd be satisfied with the Rearden Atlas (Plan B) stuff.  The VENTUM is heavy enough as it is, without adding some of the other QD retention systems.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a Hux HX-QD 556 and Flow 762 Ti. Obviously different mounting systems than the Ventum, but from what I understand the spiraling of the gas helps tighten the can with each shot when using their left hand threaded mounts, but haven't heard anything about it making it more quiet. I shot the Ventum at Suppressor Fest and the rep said that the Hux mounts are quieter than non-Hux mounts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top