Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2023 6:44:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I would report immediately to the carrier, telling them to find it in two days or you call ATF. Thats worked for me.

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Do it now.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:45:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#5]
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:19:58 PM EDT
[#6]
UPS will be the one on the radar, not you.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigbore:

I disagree.  When I was audited last September, one of the first things said to me before beginning the audit was that I had a loss/theft report filed since the last audit.  That was also a rifle lost by UPS, but it was first on my IOIs mind when they saw me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

I disagree.  When I was audited last September, one of the first things said to me before beginning the audit was that I had a loss/theft report filed since the last audit.  That was also a rifle lost by UPS, but it was first on my IOIs mind when they saw me.

Well then don't report it to ATF. It's your call to comply with ATF regs or not.

I'm not sure why you are worried about "being on the radar" for a firearm misplaced/stolen/lost by UPS. You are "on the radar" the minute you submit your FFL appl.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 9:58:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#11]

I'm familiar, but at what point is something considered lost in transit?  We have all watched tracking numbers sit idle for more than 48 hours.
View Quote

When the carrier can't locate and touch the box, its lost.

Reporting it to ATF means Joe Bidens dog shooters are going to bug the heck out of UPS to track down that package.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:
View Quote
Not correct.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Gentleman4561:
Not correct.
View Quote

So you think ATF will be up ADCO's butt when UPS actually took possession as the common carrier?

Explain that theory as to how ADCO is responsible for UPS losing a firearm. This should be good.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 8:01:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DogtownTom] [#16]

I prefer to not do anything that invites the ATF into my life.
View Quote

Yet you got your FFL didn't you?
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I've had two guns lost in 30 years.

First one was a DCM (now CMP) M1 Garand in the early 90s. It got Hodgkins Disease courtesy of UPS . This was before we had internet tracking, etc. It went to Hodgkins, Ill where it was stolen. ATF didn't care because I was not a dealer at the time; just a C&R. UPS and DCM were both useless.
I was eventually refunded the money but dicked out of a $250 Garand.

Last time was 8 or 9 years ago. A Colt SAA revolver. UPS showed delivered, wife said no one came by. I got home, checked with all my immediate neighbors and nothing. UPS got shitty with me, so I called ATF. They acted like it was no big deal and directed me back to UPS and told me to wait 48 hours.

Being fed up with both, I called my county sheriff. Deputy took a report. I showed him the transactions, photos, etc. He would not put down the serial in case it turned up again because he said it was hard to take a serial number out of the system once reported.
I took my copy to UPS and told them to expect a visit from the SO soon because they would want to speak with the driver.

After I got home, the driver showed up at my house with the box with my gun in it. He claimed he accidentally left it at a vacant house on the wrong street because the house number was the same.

Don't know if that was true or a bullshit cover story he came up with but I got it back. I told him to not sign for my shit any more unless he was going to make my house payment.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I prefer to not do anything that invites the ATF into my life.
View Quote

You have posted more interactions with ATF than any other FFL I know.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 8:01:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top