Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2024 4:17:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunsandCoffee71]
I'm looking at a bulk purchase of 9mm HPs for training use only - these are pulled projectiles.

Here's a pic from the seller's website - no data on brand, so I'm hoping the hive can help me ID them.  All are listed as 124 grains.

(Before we get to the pic, I'm aware that these aren't perfect and will not be 100% copies of factory self-defense ammunition. I simply want to get close and be able to use HP SD-like loads for training)

Can I get an assist?

" />

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Left looks like Hornady... XTP?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:34:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#2]
Hornady XTP...... Remington(?)......RMR NUKE (?)

The one in the middle has an odd color and I cannot remember where I've seen it before.  It is familiar to me.  It could be Remington, Speer or ...?

For training, it would be good to know the bullet profiles fit and feed reliably.  The jackets look pretty rough, which may or may not hurt accuracy.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:57:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GunsandCoffee71:
I'm looking at a bulk purchase of 9mm HPs for training use only - these are pulled projectiles.

Here's a pic from the seller's website - no data on brand, so I'm hoping the hive can help me ID them.

(Before we get to the pic, I'm aware that these aren't perfect and will not be 100% copies of factory self-defense ammunition. I simply want to get close and be able to use HP SD-like loads for training)

Can I get an assist?

http://i.imgur.com/UM6q7Lv.jpg" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/UM6q7Lv.jpg

View Quote

Do they at least all weigh the same?  I don't do pulls or mixed lots as I have better things to do with my time.

If they all weigh the same, I'd just load them up over a less than max charge that would cycle the gun.  Do not expect much for accuracy, but if accuracy doesn't matter, send 'em!

If they don't all weigh the same, have fun sorting.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Midddle one looks like HST.

Far right looks like RMR,  but probably not
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Hornady XTP, Federal HST, RMR MPR Nuke

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Left - Hornady XTP,  Middle - Sierra or Sig V-Crown ,  Right - ??

Middle doesn't have the fold marks for the petals common on HSTs.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]
XTP, HST and Nosler HP
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:15:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunnie357] [#8]
Looks like XTP, sierra v crown, Hi Shok
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:23:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#9]
All images of the HST bullets show creases in the jacket.  The OP's image does not have that.

The old Speer "flying ashtrays" had a really wide opening but no creases in the jackets.

Federal HST below, as shown by Lucky Gunner (a favorite of mine).

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks to all for your assistance.

I was curious about the RMR Nuke and it appears they can be had for just few more cents/projo than the "unknowns" in my OP.

I'll likely go with RMR and save the guesswork/hassle.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#11]
The middle one looks like Sierra, I have  some 115gr HP that
look just like them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I was curious about the RMR Nuke and it appears they can be had for just few more cents/projo than the "unknowns" in my OP.

View Quote

I like and have shot a lot of RMR bullets, including the Nuke.  Only negative on them is they have to be loaded pretty short to function in some guns.  I usually go with 1.060" and I still sometimes have issues  in my Colt 1911 and Kimber KDS9c.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:37:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JoeDevola] [#13]
L to R: XTP, V-Crown, Federal Hi Shok (most likely).

BTW, those pulls are just fine to use for SD.  I carry them every day.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:49:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

View Quote

You will not regret that decision.  The RMR bullets are really good and considering the price they make it up to great.
Top Top