Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

HK416 / MR556 Pic Thread (Page 10 of 10)
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:24:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Solo_:
haha - I need to change it every now and then, just like a fucking Barbie, bro
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Prefer the new furniture but I think I prefer the ACOG. Either way, I'm jelly.
haha - I need to change it every now and then, just like a fucking Barbie, bro

I'm guilty of it too. No shame in our game.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Changed the stock again trying this ACS-L I've seen with some US Mil special ops

HK416s vs UFO by Solo__, on Flickr

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Changed the stock again trying this ACS-L I've seen with some US Mil special ops

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53175231824_bdeaf03fe0_k.jpgHK416s vs UFO by Solo__, on Flickr

View Quote

As usual....damn
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

As usual....damn
View Quote
(If you didn't show up I'd think my shit sucked - you spoiled me! )
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 4:31:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4A1SOPMOD] [#6]
What's the cLoNe CoRrEcT buffer tube? The milspec with drainage holes and ball bearing rollers?
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 10:02:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Pretty sure that depends the era that you are cloning.  1st gen 416 had commercial spec tubes with slanted back... later stuff had roller bearing things and water drain holes, and was mil spec.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By eodinert:
Pretty sure that depends the era that you are cloning.  1st gen 416 had commercial spec tubes with slanted back... later stuff had roller bearing things and water drain holes, and was mil spec.
View Quote

Depended on the end user.

All our first gen stuff has milspec tubes and had standard M16/M4 fire control parts.  Nothing in the lower was proprietary except the lower itself.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By APSArmament:

All our first gen stuff has milspec tubes and had standard M16/M4 fire control parts.  Nothing in the lower was proprietary except the lower itself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By APSArmament:
Originally Posted By eodinert:

Yeah, early on our tier 1 guys were using sopmod and car15 stocks, both milspec. So is there a hk 6pos milspec buffer tube with out the bearings? I assume it always had the drain hole for otb.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Question for the group, have an MR556 barrel chopped to 10.4 and am looking to get it turned down to save some weight. Ya'll know what the going rate is to have the profile reduced? Cant remember if Marvin Pitts is still doing that or if there is another outfit that has a faster turnaround time. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 1:55:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:
Question for the group, have an MR556 barrel chopped to 10.4 and am looking to get it turned down to save some weight. Ya'll know what the going rate is to have the profile reduced? Cant remember if Marvin Pitts is still doing that or if there is another outfit that has a faster turnaround time. Thanks!
View Quote

Last I knew he still did that, if he does I would go with him regardless of the wait time.

I'd rather have something done well the first time around.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 12:52:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Uys] [#12]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:
View Quote

Haus, in Austin, is a conduit for Nefarious Arms.   You can also order a barrel from Haus, that way you don't have to camp out on facebook and try to get NA stuff once it hits FB.  The wait times are pretty spot on.

https://www.haus.us.com/product/barrel-16-5-mr556-chrome-lined-light-profile-hk-%f0%9f%87%ba%f0%9f%87%b8/

Work available is at the bottom of the page.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Bump
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 11:33:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BobaDebt] [#14]
MY Factory MR556-A1, Clone 416-A5 and  Clone "A5" CAG Upper

This is the factory MR556-A1 with a 16.5” barrel

I replaced the non-A1 parts < Rail, Grip, Gas Block, Take Down & Pivot Pins > with the correct A1 Parts

I built this 416-A5 Clone with an STS A5 Lower and Haus A5 Upper and a 14.5” P&W BRN-4 A1 barrel

The barrel was modified by Tommy Built to fit the A5 receiver

The rest of the parts are a combination of HK, BRN-4 and mill-spec

I painted it with Freedom Stencils Bottomland Camo Pattern

This is my CAG 10.4 Upper, I deviated and used a Haus A5 upper receiver instead of the A1 "clone correct" upper receiver

It's on one of my AR-15 lowers but I'll eventually build a G95K lower for it

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Picked this up today. Ordered a eotech exps3-0, unity absolute riser and a surefire ir light. Gonna slap on my dbal and shoot it at night. I’ll upload again once it’s all set up! Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 3:29:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rothperson87] [#16]
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Where's your PEQ, Surefire, and most importantly....paint?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#18]
(If you didn't show up I'd think my shit sucked - you spoiled me! )
View Quote

He's not the only one that appreciates the effort.  Your pics always cost me money.  I don't think there is a bigger compliment on this forum.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 4:24:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Razzman1] [#20]
I didn't dislike the cheek riser I made per-se, but I didn't love it.  So I picked up a PRI low scope mount.  But I had to modify it just a little so I could mount the Razor, as the magnification ring was a little larger than the mount would accommodate.  Now the scope has the same bore to sight offset as a DI AR, and I went back to the factory stock with no riser.

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Been a while. Current form. May slap on an RAHG or Geissele if I can find one.

Really been enjoying shooting it with the NT4. Less gassy than the AAC and quieter (to my ear) than the legacy SF can I have.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TNW:
https://i.imgur.com/C4KwVQf.jpeg

Really been enjoying shooting it with the NT4. Less gassy than the AAC and quieter (to my ear) than the legacy SF can I have.
View Quote

Got in on those new m42k cans, guess I'll prepare for the GAS lol
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:

Got in on those new m42k cans, guess I'll prepare for the GAS lol
View Quote

The M4-2K I have is over 10 years old, hopefully the gas and mount on the new ones is better! Old one is good on sound, but that mount…
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 7:33:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 7:33:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#26]
https://i.imgur.com/C4KwVQf.jpeg

View Quote
I am going say it again - quad rail on an HK416 IS the way to go for that classic look.
Not the more modern solutions of different rails - of which Geissele is the best looker.

Yet, I find the most classic as the quad. It just screams 416 no matter what you do.

Great rifle,
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#27]
I am going say it again - quad rail on an HK416 IS the way to go for that classic look.
Not the more modern solutions of different rails - of which Geissele is the best looker.

Yet, I find the most classic as the quad. It just screams 416 no matter what you do.

Great rifle,
View Quote

Not only the classis look, but it's the most useful for me and less weight than the 12.5 M-Lok.  It seems like you can't give those away.
There's an idiot, that lives in my house, that should have bought another of the 416 quad rails when Brownells had the take-offs.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:34:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#28]

Great rifle,
View Quote

You’re not wrong, but I swear the RAHG is the most comfortable rail out there! I just can’t find the one for a 10” barrel! Don’t even care about the color.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#29]

You’re not wrong, but I swear the RAHG is the most comfortable rail out there! I just can’t find the one for a 10” barrel! Don’t even care about the color.
View Quote

I've had almost all of them. In a lapse of judgement sold the daniel defense rail, now I'm looking for it again. But I enjoyed how round it was. Outside of that I really liked the RAHG for the same reason. The midwest and the geissele are too blocky for my taste.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#30]

I’d love to have this back. I prefer it over the DD even.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#31]
https://i.imgur.com/UocbagS.jpeg

I'd love to have this back. I prefer it over the DD even.
View Quote
Kicks serious ass
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:59:34 AM EDT
[#32]
https://i.imgur.com/UocbagS.jpeg

I’d love to have this back. I prefer it over the DD even.
View Quote

No more lapse of judgements and selling off rails in 2024!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Omega9000:

No more lapse of judgements and selling off rails in 2024!!
View Quote

You are correct. Should be snagging a DDC Geissele tonight. Dude before me clearanced the back of it a bit so it will work with a standard lower, but shouldn’t affect lock up or anything. That will do for now.

Old Geissele setup below to keep pics rolling

Link Posted: 1/11/2024 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#34]

You are correct. Should be snagging a DDC Geissele tonight. Dude before me clearanced the back of it a bit so it will work with a standard lower, but shouldn’t affect lock up or anything. That will do for now.

Old Geissele setup below to keep pics rolling

https://i.imgur.com/nLFwp0h.jpeg
View Quote

nice. if ya got a DD rail burning a hole in your pocket, i'm your man.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Omega9000:

nice. if ya got a DD rail burning a hole in your pocket, i'm your man.
View Quote

Unfortunately, I do not. I did just get this local tacswap find:

Missing some helicoils and a previous owner clearanced it a smidge for a weird lower, but it’s not really noticeable and the stripped coils aren’t in a spot where I need them. Got what I feel is a decent deal.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#36]

Moved the Razor back to the MRE. Back to NV setup.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Ditched the nvg set up and onto a lpvo I picked up on a trade. Razor gen 3 1-10 in a scalerworks leap. Range time at some point this week/weekend.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#38]
https://i.imgur.com/dnitPtw.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/AbLtzmL.jpeg

Moved the Razor back to the MRE. Back to NV setup.
View Quote
Your shit look amazing
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BOONEA:
https://i.imgur.com/IQPPZ5O.jpg
View Quote

Dear lawd, that's perfection.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
HK416 / MR556 Pic Thread (Page 10 of 10)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top