Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2023 6:13:55 PM EDT
I just got to setting up my HKP RMR mount and was going to put a 508T on it. The screws bottomed out before they seated all the way. Does anyone know if the RMR screws are shorter than the Holosun bolts? Should I just order the RMR screws from HKP? Thanks

For reference, I'm talking about this mount

Link Posted: 10/19/2023 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The height where the screw makes contact with the body of the optic is higher on the RMR vs the Holosun.

The footprint is the same, but screw length will be different.  Holosuns require shorter screws.  You can trim them/grind them down.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 8:24:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CaptShiess] [#2]
I’ve had luck cutting screws that are too long with my dremmel.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I had this 508T mounted on an ACOG, and used the same screws (they worked great on the 12 o'clock mount). I may have the shorter screws in the box somewhere.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:23:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Spacejunk:
I had this 508T mounted on an ACOG, and used the same screws (they worked great on the 12 o'clock mount). I may have the shorter screws in the box somewhere.

Thanks
View Quote

Most mounts use the same thread pitch. Some do not.  Just make sure they’re the same before you give them a go.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Jagerwerks has many different screw lengths and options, so that is where I'll get shorter screws.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Recently tried one of these and the hooks don’t fully
engage below the tabs. I suspect I will need to remove
about 0.010” from each hook.  

Rather surprised it does not fit an HK SP5
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By faawrenchbndr:

View Quote

Are you sure you bought the correct mount? There is one for the mp5 and one for the mp5 .22lr
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#8]
How’s the sight picture on these?  I recently purchased an SP5K-PDW and have a spare RMR I want to use on it.  

On my AP5 I have a B&T rail with an Aimpoint CompM3 and ADM low mount.  That puts the top of the hood in the lower 1/4 of view and isn’t very distracting.  I’ve had setups in the past where the top of the hood ends up lined up with the dot and that’s no good.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 1:22:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
How’s the sight picture on these?  I recently purchased an SP5K-PDW and have a spare RMR I want to use on it.  

On my AP5 I have a B&T rail with an Aimpoint CompM3 and ADM low mount.  That puts the top of the hood in the lower 1/4 of view and isn’t very distracting.  I’ve had setups in the past where the top of the hood ends up lined up with the dot and that’s no good.
View Quote

It’s a perfect co-witness with the dot right over the front post. Not obscured at all with the front hood.  The only thing is any co-witness is busy with the rear diopter so I’ve changed mine to the castle style and a “v” notch one and that works perfect for me.  Very cool mounts and the best co-witness one out there from the many I’ve tried.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:

It’s a perfect co-witness with the dot right over the front post. Not obscured at all with the front hood.  The only thing is any co-witness is busy with the rear diopter so I’ve changed mine to the castle style and a “v” notch one and that works perfect for me.  Very cool mounts and the best co-witness one out there from the many I’ve tried.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ok cool, I’ll have to try one out.  I didn’t want a big claw mount rail on this one.  The SP5K-PDW comes with the castle rear sight and I was going to change that to a diopter but maybe I’ll leave it on if I go this route.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Ok cool, I’ll have to try one out.  I didn’t want a big claw mount rail on this one.  The SP5K-PDW comes with the castle rear sight and I was going to change that to a diopter but maybe I’ll leave it on if I go this route.
View All Quotes

I’d leave it for now until you try the mount.  Much better than the diopter with the sight.

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#12]
That mount is fine, but I prefer, this type of setup that replaces the rear sight...

https://farrow.tech/hk-mp5-g3-red-dot-rear-sight-base/

https://www.m8industriesllc.net/new-products/hk-mp5-sight-base-rmr-mount

I have the older version of the Farrow Tech in polymer and I like this design's wide open view without the rear sight drum obstructing the dot.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Jmacken37:
That mount is fine, but I prefer, this type of setup that replaces the rear sight...

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-q2p7sykxga/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/123/703/DSC_9460__44803.1691335551.JPG?c=2

https://farrow.tech/hk-mp5-g3-red-dot-rear-sight-base/

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5cc52216a77e1200015fad08/1560484109006-9ND3EA21V0RUAZACN874/holosun.jpg?format=2500w

https://www.m8industriesllc.net/new-products/hk-mp5-sight-base-rmr-mount

I have the older version of the Farrow Tech in polymer and I like this design's wide open view without the rear sight drum obstructing the dot.
View Quote

I have one of those as well.  It’s nice, but ruins the esthetics of the mp5 I think.  After all, isn’t looks like 95% of it lol!
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 4:54:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lil_Sig] [#14]
I have the Sheild Arms with a 507K X2. It is very nice.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I started with the MFI low mount - Hated it. Next was the B&T low mount - really like that mount. But this one is perfect for the RMR/Holosun
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By faawrenchbndr:

View Quote

I thought the MP5 version is suppose to fit on the SP5???
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Jmacken37:

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-q2p7sykxga/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/123/703/DSC_9460__44803.1691335551.JPG?c=2
View Quote

I went with the HKparts version of that mount for my SP5K... HKP MP5 RMR Rear Site Optic Mount
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:39:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Anybody use one of the RMR mounts with night vision?  If so, how did it work?  Too low, or just right?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#19]

I’d leave it for now until you try the mount.  Much better than the diopter with the sight.
https://i.imgur.com/ymmUjJi.jpg
View Quote

Do these co witness with the irons, been thinking about getting one of these mounts
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By sharkman6:
Anybody use one of the RMR mounts with night vision?  If so, how did it work?  Too low, or just right?

Thanks
View Quote
IMO these are too low, they're basically at the same level as the Irons, and if you have the rear site there between your NODs and the RMR, it's going to obscure and ghost the view a good bit.  Not to mention the collision potential with the rear of the receiver as you try to line things up.

I've run my AP5 with NODs, and I put the optic way up above the irons.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By sharkman6:

Thanks
View Quote

I’m running the Aimpoint Acro version. I had it out at a night shoot a couple weeks ago. I didn’t have any issues hitting steel plates using it passive. I honestly expected it to be too low.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's another vendor making MP5 single claw mounts. I've never heard of Titan Tactical before.

https://www.titantacticaldesigns.com/category/mp5-clones-9mm

A few examples

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:56:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone try one of the Titan mounts?
I want a mount for a Holosun but HKParts is out of stock on their standard Rmr/holosun mount and only have their new style which requires an adapter plate so it ends up being almost double when all said and done.

Titan mount is only $65 but can’t seem to find any good reviews on it so very hesitant.

Would prefer the older style rmr / holosun mount from HkParts if they were available.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:28:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kwb377] [#24]
Originally Posted By Lgunsmoker:
I want a mount for a Holosun but HKParts is out of stock on their standard Rmr/holosun mount and only have their new style which requires an adapter plate so it ends up being almost double when all said and done.

Would prefer the older style rmr / holosun mount from HkParts if they were available.
View Quote

Give it a few days...I hemmed around and finally decided to order the standard mount (non-plate version) a month or so ago, and it suddenly went out of stock. I waited a few days while I contemplated/researched what other mount to substitute and it came back in stock. Glad I waited, I really like it.

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 2:01:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By kwb377:

Give it a few days...I hemmed around and finally decided to order the standard mount (non-plate version) a month or so ago, and it suddenly went out of stock. I waited a few days while I contemplated/researched what other mount to substitute and it came back in stock. Glad I waited, I really like it.

https://a4.pbase.com/g13/07/240307/2/174367861.c299abb3.JPEG
View Quote

Nice looking set up.
You were correct.  Got the email today of back in stock.
Ordered on and is on the way, looking forward to getting it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone know if there are any risers that will work with the HKparts mount?

I'm wondering if the Reptilia riser will work. I also would like to know if there are holes to stack on the boss posts.

The HKparts mount is the best one out of the three I've used, but I'd like to bump up the height just a bit.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#27]

I'm wondering if the Reptilia riser will work. I also would like to know if there are holes to stack on the boss posts.

The HKparts mount is the best one out of the three I've used, but I'd like to bump up the height just a bit.

https://reptiliacorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/100-085-ROF-RISER-10MM-BLACK-FOR-SITE-768x768.jpg

https://reptiliacorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/100-085-ROF-RISER-10MM-BLACK-FOR-SITE-2.jpg

View Quote

Im sure there are; wouldn't make sense for them to have them on their riser and not on the ring, so there should be holes for the bosses on the HK parts mount.  Only issue you may run into is the thread pattern on the screws...definitely compare the screws before you drive them in.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#28]
I went with a American Defense MFG MRO mount for my SP5 SBR. It has the HK Parts rail adapter on it as well. I went with co-witness height. I've tried the low mounts for the RMR or other styles of compact RDS and just didn't care for them at all across several different PCC's.

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Titan mount is only $65 but can’t seem to find any good reviews on it so very hesitant.

View Quote

The Titan mounts are good, better than the HKparts in my opinion.

I don't think anyone makes a single claw that holds zero out of the box however (within 5 MOA). I've been buying them anyways & tinkering with ways to increase the stability without the front set of claws, since I really hate the ergonomics of the full claw setup.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Texasmusic:

I don't think anyone makes a single claw that holds zero out of the box however (within 5 MOA). I've been buying them anyways & tinkering with ways to increase the stability without the front set of claws, since I really hate the ergonomics of the full claw setup.
View All Quotes

Are you getting a 5 moa shift with these in between range trips without removing them?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

I agree you won’t likely find a single claw mount that holds a zero.  However given how the rear mount sits on the receiver it’s not very difficult to bed the mount to the receiver. You don’t need much bedding compound, just enough to fill the space between the recess in the sight and one of the lugs on the receiver. Neutral shoe polish in the receiver works as a release agent and a small amount of JB weld applied in one of the recesses on the mount will do for bedding compound.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By FullAssault:
Are you getting a 5 moa shift with these in between range trips without removing them?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FullAssault:

I will bench test it before it gets any range time. They have to hold up to firm hand pressure (rotating) in both directions and a few raps with a screwdriver handle, without shifting before moving forward. They all rotate (yaw) to some degree.

Originally Posted By DakotaFAL:

I agree you won’t likely find a single claw mount that holds a zero.  However given how the rear mount sits on the receiver it’s not very difficult to bed the mount to the receiver. You don’t need much bedding compound, just enough to fill the space between the recess in the sight and one of the lugs on the receiver. Neutral shoe polish in the receiver works as a release agent and a small amount of JB weld applied in one of the recesses on the mount will do for bedding compound.

Yep! I have had some success with this, or shims that fill the U shaped recoil pocket. The Titan mounts lend themselves better for shimming.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#33]
I may have mounted mine wrong...my HKP RMR mount has held zero fine.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:06:24 AM EDT
[#34]
I may have mounted mine wrong...my HKP RMR mount has held zero fine.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/HVBozfdHZu0AAAAC/idontknow-shrug.gif
View Quote

Same here.  3 of the hk parts rmr mounts and 3 that hold zero fine.  The optic weighs like 1 oz.  I’m not sure why one claw wouldn’t hold it tight enough.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:40:45 PM EDT
[#35]
I’m sure they hold zero fine, but I wouldn’t want to drop it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#36]
A few taps with a rubber screwdriver handle will probably knock the HKP mount around, unless you have a perfectly matching receiver. Normal firing & light handling it would be fine.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:49:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kwb377] [#37]
A few taps with a rubber screwdriver handle will probably knock the HKP mount around, unless you have a perfectly matching receiver.
View Quote

For curiosity, I went to the garage and gave the mount/HS407 combo a dozen or so raps with a Brownell's 3/4" Delrin-tipped brass hammer and was able to get the dot to move slightly left in relation to the front sight post. Lesson learned...the mount isn't robust enough to take a hammer beating without losing zero slightly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#38]
I was just at the range Monday zeroing my new SP5k and the HKParts rmr mount.
I was pretty happy with the mount and rmr. Now I’m kinda sorry I opened this thread.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:55:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DakotaFAL] [#39]
Originally Posted By kwb377:For curiosity, I went to the garage and gave the mount/HS407 combo a dozen or so raps with a Brownell's 3/4" Delrin-tipped brass hammer and was able to get the dot to move slightly left in relation to the front sight post. Lesson learned...the mount isn't robust enough to take a hammer beating without losing zero slightly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kwb377:For curiosity, I went to the garage and gave the mount/HS407 combo a dozen or so raps with a Brownell's 3/4" Delrin-tipped brass hammer and was able to get the dot to move slightly left in relation to the front sight post. Lesson learned...the mount isn't robust enough to take a hammer beating without losing zero slightly.

Originally Posted By SnidelyWhiplash:
I was pretty happy with the mount and rmr. Now I’m kinda sorry I opened this thread.

Mine could be twisted slightly side to side.  Not much, about 4-5 MOA change in windage at 100 yards, with no change in elevation.

It was still minute of bad guy but the MP5 is capable of better accuracy if you bed the mount to the receiver to eliminate the play.  

It’s not hard to do. Use neutral (or in this case black) Kiwi shoe polish on the receiver and lug for the rear mount as a release agent.  Then fill the forward recess on the mount with JB Weld, and reinstall the mount on the receiver. Let it cure 24 hours and you’re ready to go with a sight that won’t lose its zero, or move even with percussive maintenance.

——

One advantage of the HKP mount is that it is low enough to do witness with the iron sights.

I don’t really care about the back up aspect of that, but rather the accuracy improvement at longer ranges suitable to a MP5 SBR.  

For example, despite their ad hype the Holosun 507C has significant parallax at longer ranges out around 100 yards.  But with co witness sight capability you can zero it with the red dot right above the front sight post with the post centered in the rear aperture.  That will ensure your eye is consistently placed behind the sight.  And when shooting at longer ranges you can attain the same precise centering of your eye and eliminate parallax error.

At close ranges where parallax won’t matter, you can still shoot with both eyes open and use the dominant eye to put the reticle on target. It’ll still shoot one hole groups at 15-20 yards.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SnidelyWhiplash:
View Quote

Originally Posted By DakotaFAL:
Mine could be twisted slightly side to side.  Not much, about 4-5 MOA change in windage at 100 yards, with no change in elevation.

It was still minute of bad guy but the MP5 is capable of better accuracy if you bed the mount to the receiver to eliminate the play.  
View Quote

My post was more facetiously directed to the posters above me that suggested that the mount wasn't capable of withstanding anything more than a loud fart without losing zero or falling off. I went to the range yesterday and found that after the hammer beating, it was only off by @ .3" at 25 yds. I'm happy with that...I'm confident now that it will take what abuse I'd likely be subjecting it to and still be serviceable. I retorqued the screws, added a couple of right windage clicks, and was back to zero.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:38:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SnidelyWhiplash] [#41]
I went to the range yesterday and found that after the hammer beating, it was only off by @ .3" at 25 yds. I'm happy with that...
View All Quotes
I went to the range yesterday and found that after the hammer beating, it was only off by @ .3" at 25 yds. I'm happy with that...
That puts things in perspective for me. Thank you for posting that additional information.

Originally Posted By kwb377: I retorqued the screws….
My mount didn’t come with any instructions or torque specs. What amount of torque did you use?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:52:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Im sure there are; wouldn't make sense for them to have them on their riser and not on the ring, so there should be holes for the bosses on the HK parts mount.  Only issue you may run into is the thread pattern on the screws...definitely compare the screws before you drive them in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

https://reptiliacorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/100-085-ROF-RISER-10MM-BLACK-FOR-SITE-768x768.jpg

https://reptiliacorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/100-085-ROF-RISER-10MM-BLACK-FOR-SITE-2.jpg

Reptilia riser fit right on the HKparts mount. I had to get new mounting screws to make it work, though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#43]
It’d be nice if someone made a riser with an opening in the center so the irons are usable underneath the optic.

But the real question is why hasn’t anyone bothered making a single claw mount for a T2?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:45:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By OccasionallyShot:
It’d be nice if someone made a riser with an opening in the center so the irons are usable underneath the optic.

But the real question is why hasn’t anyone bothered making a single claw mount for a T2?
View Quote

Titan tactical has one with a window

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By OccasionallyShot:

View Quote

Titan just came out with such a mount after all lol. But, they're discontinuing it because it won't actually work with a T2, the dials and optic get in the way of the clamping screws.

I ordered the pic version instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top