Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2023 10:01:39 AM EDT
I have a number of Israeli kits that need to be built.  Who is the go to kit builder right now for FALs?
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Arizona Response Systems, but just beware the owner Mark Graham aka gunplumber comes across an arrogant jerk most of the time.  Doesn’t matter if you’re trying to give him money or not, just the way he is.  The flip side is his work is top notch
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Another vote for Mark at Arizona Response Systems.

He built an L1A1 for me years ago and it was a thing of beauty.

I have a troublesome Argie Para clone with him right now for some troubleshooting/repair.
He didn't build it, I bought it used on the EE here and it's never been right.
I'm sure he will be able to sort it out.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#3]
ARS! Had 3 Steyr STG-58 kits done approx 15 yrs ago. All 3 have been without issues
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I had three FAL kits built by highly recommended gunsmiths (on FALfiles).

They were:

Glenn Riddle, Magnum Gunsmithing Ltd., (187 on FALfiles)  [email protected] (build in 2014)
T. Mark Graham, Arizona Response Systems, (gunplumber on FALfiles) [email protected] (build in 2103)
Randy Kline,  Sledgehammer Arms Works, (sledgehammer on FALfiles) [email protected] (build in 2014)

Some notes after my experience with them...

Glenn: nice guy, excellent work
Mark: excellent work
Randy: Great guy, fast service, excellent results.

Not sure who is still working, but these were my picks after doing a good bit of research in 2013.

Link Posted: 11/19/2023 1:13:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackmore] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jlebowski:
I had three FAL kits built by highly recommended gunsmiths (on FALfiles).

They were:

Glenn Riddle, Magnum Gunsmithing Ltd., (187 on FALfiles)  [email protected] (build in 2014)
T. Mark Graham, Arizona Response Systems, (gunplumber on FALfiles) [email protected] (build in 2103)
Randy Kline,  Sledgehammer Arms Works, (sledgehammer on FALfiles) [email protected] (build in 2014)

Some notes after my experience with them...

Glenn: nice guy, excellent work
Mark: excellent work
Randy: Great guy, fast service, excellent results.

Not sure who is still working, but these were my picks after doing a good bit of research in 2013.

View Quote

I have an ARS build and Mark is still working.

Attachment Attached File

Glenn built me a couple of FALs plus he built 2 AKs and a AK pistol for me. All in the 2004->2010 timeframe so not sure what Glenn's doing now.

Never dealt with Randy.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Wespe:
Arizona Response Systems, but just beware the owner Mark Graham aka gunplumber comes across an arrogant jerk most of the time.  Doesn't matter if you're trying to give him money or not, just the way he is.  The flip side is his work is top notch
View Quote
Some people are just like that and can't help it. Dad, Lord rest his soul, could come across as an asshole just because he was blunt, plain spoken, and to the point but everyone liked him so it usually didn't matter.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Forgot to add that my son has one of Mark's FAL Para builds and it's also excellent !!

I wouldn't let anyone touch my FAL but Mark at ARS.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Wespe:
Arizona Response Systems, but just beware the owner Mark Graham aka gunplumber comes across an arrogant jerk most of the time.  Doesn’t matter if you’re trying to give him money or not, just the way he is.  The flip side is his work is top notch
View Quote

THis is who did my two Israeli fals, THey came out great. One for me, one for my old man.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 7:14:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthyBlagga] [#9]
Mark at ARS is a great guy. Quickly fixed/re-headspaced a mixmaster L1A1 for me using correct parts and it has been 100% reliable since.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#10]
ARS.. .nobody else.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Those are all first-rate builders, but why not get the tools and do them yourself? FALs are not rocket surgery. Hell, a caveman such as yours truly has built a dozen... and they all worked.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 11:30:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RadioHack] [#12]
I have an Imbel kit on a DSA receiver that Sledgehammer built, he does excellent work and turned it around within weeks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#13]
ARS ( Mark G ) has built two for me.  Excellent work. And probably knows as much about FALs as anyone.  He can be short and to the point. He’s not a chat pal or text buddy.  Mark  G is my vote. If he stills builds. I had one done about 2 years ago.  The rodie.  He did this Izzy also.  Wardawg Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Rich Saunders of CGW built my first FAL and did great work but, I think he's out of the business now.
Glenn at Magnum built my first L1a1 and did great work. Easy to work with.
Randy built my last L1a1 and had nearly as good of an experience.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Mark Graham.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Mark Graham just doesn't have time to sit there and bullshit with people.  Some people just want to waste people's time.  

That isn't arrogance.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:58:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Google, FAL Files and YouTube and I’ve built around a dozen myself. All worked great. Get good receivers and the rest is easy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:28:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By arashi:
Mark Graham just doesn't have time to sit there and bullshit with people.  Some people just want to waste people's time.  

That isn't arrogance.
View Quote

Yeah, like that time he slandered Midway USA calling them liars and thieves on multiple gun forums. All for the great crime of him not seeing the NRA round up adding 40 cents to round up his total on an order.

Oh wait, that was him just being a POS drama whore, never mind.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Gauge pins, receiver wrench, barrel vice, headspace gauges and a properly timed 11:30 barrel they’re not hard to put together using DSA or a decent kit.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RuggedProof:
Gauge pins, receiver wrench, barrel vice, headspace gauges and a properly timed 11:30 barrel they’re not hard to put together using DSA or a decent kit.
View Quote

This.   Build it yourself, it really isn't that hard and is quite satisfying.  I bought my receiver and barrel from DSA, and as long as they time well, the remainder of the build is pretty straightforward, including the headspacing.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:18:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SyberSniper] [#21]
I built 5 of them about 20 years ago... never had any issues- all ran without problems... selecting the correct locking shoulder for headspace was the biggest PIA. Use Imbel receivers - even a caveman can do it - Wish I still had them...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top