Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 3:14:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Ridge_Runner_5:
Ive adopted the belief that I wont spend more on a single accessory than I did on the gun its going on, myself...

While searching for accessories for a soon to be acquired GSG-5, I stumbled across this, and it seems you're correct, the Airsoft world is being turned upside down by this new found pot of gold.
http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?cPath=598&main_page=index
I see many of these companys also make some very nice AR related accessories, I wonder if theres a similar compatibility with them, as there is with the GSG-5?
Link Posted: 12/8/2008 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Has anybody tried one of these UTG tri rails? Seems you cant go wrong for the price...

AIM Surplus

Link Posted: 12/9/2008 1:08:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Ridge_Runner_5:
Has anybody tried one of these UTG tri rails? Seems you cant go wrong for the price...

AIM Surplus

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/lpmnthgmp5a2.jpg

I tried it,there is alot of mods needed to make it work.I sent it back to AIM & got some Pmags instead.I would have kept it if it would have fit on my V53,but no go either.
Link Posted: 12/9/2008 1:35:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Ahh, gotcha.
Link Posted: 12/31/2008 10:50:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jqar45] [#5]
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 775Patriot:
Question, SBR my gsg-5pk so where can i find a "k" grip that will fit? real ones don't fit there too short, the holes don't match up.

I'll be picking one of these up shrotly and would like to know the same thing?

Any responses would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#7]
on my thread a guy said ATI will soon have 2 k gips on the market 1 with 1 without side rails- gotta SBR that sucker to be legal. sure fire makes a tri-rail but it is $180
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 7:47:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kalashnikev101] [#8]
I wanna know if that's a Classic Army B&T w/ a side swivel added, or is it another brand of sidefolder???

MY BAD!!!!

I'm retarded, it's a real MP5.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered this suppressor with the adapter and it was much cheaper than the Gemtec, now I have to wait for my form 4 to come back then I will let everyone know if it works well.  http://www.tacticalinc.com/tac65-22lr-suppressorbrexcellent-suppression-easy-clean-p-38.html  You do need their adapter piece which is the mosquito adapter.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By NoVaGator:
Originally Posted By Redhed97:
I assumed the pistol would be good to go with the Gemtech adapter.  So, if you must modify it, once modified can you still use the factory long flashider or not?

The pistol barrel is approx 9 inches long

per Gemtech's instructions, it will need to be shortened to 8.27 inches and then turned down to .37 inches OD for the front .71 inches.

the adapter slides over the turned down portion of the barrel and threads into the same threads used by the current pistol flash hider.

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k362/GSG5Host3/nfa/gemtech_adapter_new.jpg

and to answer your question...yes...you should be able to use the FH, you'll just need to take off the Gemtech adapter to do so

Why?
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 8:47:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Here's another place to buy GSG-5 goodies:

MyGSG5.com

You can't go wrong with buying anything from Julio. I've bought stuff from him for my GSG-5PK. I never had any problem at all ordering from him. Shipping is very quick.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#12]

EchoAngel17 with a Classic Army Collapsibe Stock (model A030M) Purchase - Cobra Airsoft
No modifications needed, slips right on.  Full Metal Construction, Locks in 3 positions - Collapsed, Midway, and Fully Extended.
As we found out with other people, when the stock is fully collapsed, it will partially block the ejection port.  This will have no effect on ejecting brass.  The brass still clears the rail of the stock and functions fine.
The wire sling attachment that ships with the stock will not work with with the weapon.
http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k362/GSG5Host3/airsoftstocks/echoangel17_1.jpg
http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k362/GSG5Host3/airsoftstocks/echoangel17_2.jpg

I am interested in the Army Collapsible stock, but using this link above it saids out of stock, but if you go and search the site there is a NEW VERSION. Does anyone know if this is a bolt on with no mods like the original? The price went up from $43 to $47.

http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=3831

Any info would be great.

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes the Classic Army sliding stock (new version) slips right on and even the rear end cap sling hook does work. I sold about 45 of these a couple months ago and every seller was pleased with the build quality and fitment.

They are difficult to get stateside without paying a premium for them. There was a seller here that offered... uh do I dare say it, a screw set, now has them listed on his web site for sale.

Otherwise, I would just check out the dozens of Hong Kong based airsoft shops and by it from them. Sure it could take upwards of two weeks (depending where you are in this country) to get the stock, but just get a couple of your other local GSG owners and do a group buy to save on shipping!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#14]
tag
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I was able to find a new POF MP5 stock.  I plan on fitting it to the GSG.  In the pics posted in this thread.  It appears that the OP only grinded down the inside if the stock on the ejection port side.  Is this right?  If not, seems like both sides should be grinded down to do the fit
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:13:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: govm4] [#16]
double tap..oops
Link Posted: 6/24/2009 12:38:02 AM EDT
[#17]
has anyone tried these NcStar scopes with the quick detach base - they're all over ebay for around $100...

What i'm wondering is if they will fit right on the weaver rail without any interference from the sight posts...

http://www.ncstar.com/store/ProdImages/STR3942-b.jpg
Link Posted: 6/24/2009 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, no experience on the GSG-5, but I had one on my AR-15 and it shot awesome...it starts at 3x mag, which is just enough for the front sight post to just be a blur on the bottom of the scope...

Link Posted: 6/24/2009 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By climberbrent:
has anyone tried these NcStar scopes with the quick detach base - they're all over ebay for around $100...
What i'm wondering is if they will fit right on the weaver rail without any interference from the sight posts...

http://www.ncstar.com/store/ProdImages/STR3942-b.jpg

yup, they fit clears the rear sight by about .002

Link Posted: 6/25/2009 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By silley:

yup, they fit
clears the rear sight by about .002

wshew that's close..  what size scope is that?  do you think the 3-9 x 42 would clear it as well?

nice wooden outfit for your gsg, bet that took some crafting, but it looks cool - very unique

about the scope , do you like it on the gsg, does it come on and off and hold a zero with the QD base?

-thanks

Link Posted: 6/25/2009 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By climberbrent:

Originally Posted By silley:

yup, they fit
clears the rear sight by about .002

wshew that's close..  what size scope is that?  do you think the 3-9 x 42 would clear it as well?

-thanks

The only difference between the fixed zoom and adjustable zoom is the tube is a bit longer in back...should still fit...

Link Posted: 6/25/2009 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#22]
that's the 3-9x42 that I have.

the g3 furniture is quite an undertaking, it's almost done though!
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#23]
oh good, guess ill have to go and order one now.

that wooden extended forearm looks like quite a challenge, did you have to lengthen the cocking tube, cause it looks like there is still a gap in the pic...
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#24]
nevermind - i just saw your pics in another thread, looks good with the extended tube!
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 6:31:44 AM EDT
[#25]
I found these forearm rails online the other day and decided to give it a try since they are about 1/2 the price of every other I have seen.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/matte-black-quality-aluminum-grip-cover-p-1061.html

If you have a lot of patience and dremel skills then I say its a good buy. I had to remove a lot of material to get the barrel cover off and to get the ring to fit over the back brackets. I think it took me about 3 hours of work to get it all dremeled out and test fitted together correctly. Still need to disassemble it and touch up the paint in a couple places. Only had to remove maybe 1/2" of the right side rail to clear the ejection port. The vertical grip is kinda cheesey but I am planning on trashing it anyway to put a bipod of some sort on the front to make it easier for my 5 year old son to shoot off the bench / table. Will get some pics later in the am.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 1:07:11 AM EDT
[#26]
will airsoft stocks fit the GSG's?
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Is there any way to put the collapsible stock on with the sling loop bar? I can't get the stock on with the sling bar on the sling.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#28]
what fake silencers will fit on the pistol versions threads?
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 10:57:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akuser-47] [#29]
Ok I was able to use the Classic army rear sling loop I had to bend it up just a tad to make it fit then it was golden. here are some pics. I still need to buy a CQB sling to try her out but I have put a vice grip on it and carried it no problems after jerking it around with the vice grips. I do want to warn any nit pickers it will mark up the part of the reciever that will never show under the stock. I am adding this full stock pic so you can see it is a Classic Army Stock. This is an airsoft stock fits as is no issue so far.

Link Posted: 10/20/2009 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Does anyone know of a adapter that will mate with the GSG threads, and then allow for the 14mm Negitive threads of the common Airsoft Suppressors?

This is not an effort to use one of those in suppression, but to allow for the incredible amount of differnt cans that are sold in the Airsoft world.

Ideally, it would be at least an 1" 1/4 inch extension, not including threads. Some of the very popular looking Airsoft cans are 7" 1/4' in length. This would not be enough alone to cover exposed barrel.
So, it would have the female end of the proper thread type for screwing into the GSG, with a extended length and a female end in 14mm negitive.

Thanks in advance for any and all info... I did search this out, with zero results. I have seen the adapters to 1/2 X 28.
Link Posted: 11/10/2009 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Hi Jackal 2001, I have a gsg-5P and I am tring to install the ATI low scope mount (seen on your post 1st picture optics and mounts)and I am havine a hard time getting it to fitwithout scratching up the pistol.  I have removed the screws and clips but it does not seem to go on????

Any help would be much appreciated
Link Posted: 11/24/2009 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#32]
I also have the classic army sling loop, but could not make it fit.  You said that you bent it a little to make it work, please explain.  If anyone knows how to do this sound off.
Link Posted: 11/29/2009 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#33]
I have now attached CA sliding stocks to two GSG-5s and was able to get each on with the supplied sling loop and a nice tight fit on the install. In doing so, I used a How To from a thread I believe is in one of th stickys on this GSG forumso credit goes to the author (the original thread comes with photos, sorry I could not find it to reproduce or provide you a direct link):

"Attaching CA stock [Model #: A173M]: GENTLY remove the stock, not working it too hard cause that tight fit is a good thing. Once off, Place the prongs of the sling loop into the holes just to the first bend, facing the prongs forward towards the muzzle. Try to keep some "outward" pressure on the loop to keep the prongs against the inner surface of the stock. As you slide the stock back on the receiver you will see that the prongs line up with the frame in the curves of the receiver. Once you get it started the prongs will kinda self center and you can push it the rest of the way on."

I did not have to use a hammer to get mine on but it was indeed tight. The other little parts are somehow used for Airsoft versions. It does work and it is really secure. "

P.S.  On one I had it mostly on and used a few taps from a rubber mallet to close it up nice with no damage.  The other slid on without the mallet.

As noted above, the key is inserting the loop –– prong ends forward –– as the buttstock cap is about 14 - 1/3 of the way on but the two holes are still behind the receiver, then holding the loop up and out from the side of the cap as you work the cap forward onto the receiver.  You will feel the prongs sliding into the slots on the receiver and the loop moving forward and upright if you are doing it correctly.  Once you've got that, then slide forward fully, insert the screw and your done.  It can be done without creating and mess and is a nice tight fit.

Link Posted: 12/1/2009 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Is the CA A173M stock labeled new verision metal or plastic? is it considered to be the better of avaible retractable stocks?
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 01deuce:
Is the CA A173M stock labeled new verision metal or plastic? is it considered to be the better of avaible retractable stocks?

The rails are metal, as is the piece that fits onto the receiver that the rails fit into.  The locking mechanism as well as the lever are metal.  The rear of the receiver cover is plastic, but it's just a cover and the buttplate is plastic.  I just received mine from RRAGES yesterday and installed it.  It went on quick, without the need for a hammer.  It does wobble and rattle a bit, and the metal rails don't exactly give a good cheek weld, but it looks cool
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#36]
I picked up a collapsable stock for $10 at an airsoft dealers store. I have a hookup there. Its brand new too. Rubber butplate and its the A5 version. Locks up TIGHT. Its got like 5 positions as well. Metal tails, plastic cover and latch.

She's waiting on my GSG-5 SD to get here tomorrow for install. Picts when i do :)
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#37]
I have just ordered a GSG-5P, and I was wondering if the the flash hider that comes on the pistol can be removed? Is it threaded on or pinned?
Also do I need a special adapter to add a fake surpressor? Or will it just screw on the barrel?
Sorry if the questions have been asked before. I just really couldn't find a clear answer on this thread.
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#38]
The flash hider on the 5P and the fake suppressor on the 5 have the same thread pitch. Loosen the hex head locking stud directly on the bottom of the front sight and it will thread right off.
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Where have all of the images gone?!
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 10:12:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Can anyone tell me if the lenght of the Classic Army B&T folding stock is longer than or equal to the Classic Army retractable stock when both are in the open position? If the folding stock is longer is it around the same lenght as the normal stock that comes on the GSG?
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 10:45:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Beavis556] [#41]
Originally Posted By SpringerXD9SC:
Can anyone tell me if the lenght of the Classic Army B&T folding stock is longer than or equal to the Classic Army retractable stock when both are in the open position? If the folding stock is longer is it around the same lenght as the normal stock that comes on the GSG?

The B&T stock adds 9.5" from the back of the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:35:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Can the buttpad be removed and replaced from the GSG stock?
I'd like to add some weight and fill the stock with foam, but I don't know how to remove the pad without damaging it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:49:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By DannyinTexas:
Can the buttpad be removed and replaced from the GSG stock?
I'd like to add some weight and fill the stock with foam, but I don't know how to remove the pad without damaging it.

It just peels off, it's on there good, but it'll come and it will go right back on.
Held on by a ridge and groove.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:01:57 AM EDT
[#44]
OOps!
Honestly, I think my GSG-5 SD is a different gun than what I see on the internet. Granted, I just bought it and it may be the latest pre-litigation version.
The buttpad slides down out of a dovetail socket.
The screws that people recommend replacing? - Different screws in my gun. I only replaced about half of them. There were no torx screws in this gun.
There may be other differences..
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#45]
I sure didnt see any of my stuff up here !!! yet...lol

Alumaliteusa.com

http://www.1alumalite.com/Gallery2/DSC08245.JPG
Link Posted: 6/7/2010 12:25:28 AM EDT
[#46]
For the ATI guys, whats the word on the SD conversion kit ive read about?
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:12:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Has anyone heard anything on the 110 rd drum magazine for the GSG-5????     Last I heard it was supposed to be out in June.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 3:34:13 AM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By jackal2001:

NFA: SBR and Suppressor Options

GSG-5-SD legal length, non-SBR, permanently installed dedicated suppressor bringing overall barrel length to 16":

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k362/GSG5Host3/nfa/kel5.jpg

I'm curious as to who did the modification and how was the suppressor permanently installed?  I want to suppress my GSG-5 and 1 stamp is enough.  This looks like the way to go.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Bump for answer...
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#50]
I have gsg-5p sbr. I put gsg side folding stock and it is junk.I want the retractable stock that will not wobble .any suggestion.thanks.
Page / 3
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top