Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2023 6:37:16 PM EDT
Familiar with SBRs and have a few of them.  Looking to do my first SBS.  Wanted a semi auto but I also don't want to pay a ton.  I already have a Benelli M1 that I have configured for sport shooting but I have quite an amount into it and not trying to spend that kind of coin again.

I recalled people saying that the Turkish Benelli clones are decent and the price on a Panzer M2/M4 is about $450ish.

Question is going with a shorter barrel, will running a shorter barrel run into issues with cycling the guns of either?
My understanding of the inertia system is that I can run any barrel length and it should be fine.
But the ARGO, is gas operated.  In ARs port holes need to be larger to compensate for the shorter dwell times. Will there be any need to modify the M4 to operate with a shorter barrel?

I'd probably have the OEM barrel cut down. Relocate front sight or buy the M2 with vent ribs.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 2:06:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stahlgewehr762] [#1]
Go to the "Shotguns" forum here on arfcom, there is a very informative, 46 page thread about the "turknellis", right on the first page of the forum.

The thread title is: Benelli M4 Clones......Any Comparisons or Reviews

It sounds like the quality is...lacking.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
If the Turkish Benellis are a flop, I'd be open to options.  I was also looking into the Beretta A300 and Stoeger M3000 as similar inertia driven platforms.  But the forend/magtubes seem kind of long and wouldn't make a very short SBS.  I'd like to get something in the sub12" range in semi auto.

I do have an extra Mossberg 500 that I keep mainly for minishells, but a pump 14" seems boring and not a ton shorter for going through the hassle of F1ing and probably get a barrel cut with chokes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top