Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2024 2:51:55 PM EDT
Since I’ve only done CA and SS purchases since eForms is a thing, I have no idea how conventional SOT dealers handle.

If you want to purchase an in stock silencer as a Form 4 Individual, through a local dealer, how do they typically handle? Is eForms an option or paper submittal only?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
If the dealer has an eforms account, they certainly can eFile.  They’ll just have to manually fill out the form on the website themselves before you certify.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
From your point of view, it's similar to SS. The dealer has to manually enter all the info into the eForm though, they have to take your picture and attach it (where SS automatically does that for them). I've done my own prints and mailed them so I don't know if EFTs are an option, probably though, if you have them. Otherwise roll your own prints or get them at your local PD, then mail them in with the cover letter your dealer gives you.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:41:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#3]
We've got several dealers local to me. I believe a couple have a SS kiosk, but the dealer I used gave theirs up and runs their own EFT fingerprints, photos, etc. They filled the eform out and it was super simple. Their prices are better than online as well, so zero reason I'd use someone online other the stock issue.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Just did one today through the LGS. Eform 4, pic and electronic prints, easy peasy. They are keeping my info on file and giving me a copy of my prints should I need them anywhere else.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HammerTech:
... and electronic prints, easy peasy. They are keeping my info on file and giving me a copy of my prints should I need them anywhere else.
View Quote
That's nice.  None of my local dealers have the ability to do electronic prints. They recommend the local Sheriff's office who does them pretty cheap if you make an appointment.

I ended up just getting the cards for free from the ATF and fingerprinting myself. It's easy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HammerTech:
Just did one today through the LGS. Eform 4, pic and electronic prints, easy peasy. They are keeping my info on file and giving me a copy of my prints should I need them anywhere else.
View Quote

Same at my LGS, they were doing regular prints but have Eprints now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:57:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#7]
Every FFL will probably be different.  

My local SOT is all set-up.  He did my live scan prints and photo which he keeps on file.  And will sell you a copy for $40 if you want.  We fill out the Form 4 together on his computer, I pay the $200, get the "submitted" email, and wait.  Once I get the "Approved" email, I go in, fill out my 4473, and take home my can.  If I order a can he doesn't have, I go in when it arrives (after waiting on the Form 3 transfer to him), do the Form 4 paperwork like above, and pay his transfer fee.  

My FFL sends in my LEO notification for me (not sure if paper or electronic?).  My buddy was told to mail in his own after he did his Form 4 at his FFL in another State.

I've gotten 5 cans in the last month and half.  I'm waiting longer for Form 3 transfers to my FFL, than Form 4 approvals.  I'm averaging about a week on my approvals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top