Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2024 12:31:04 AM EDT
I picked up a factory sbr dsa osw 11".  The gun came with a tubular/extending  side folding stock. I just had the snow camo removed and cerakoted it burnt bronze. I also had a fixed stock lower coated the same color. Can i use the f/a fire control group? Or is there another issue, besides the obvious of a useless 3rd position.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/22/2024 12:45:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Without the safety sear it will not fire on auto. Without the cutouts for the sear in the receiver and ejector block, one cannot be installed. IIRC, it will fire in the third position but the hammer will follow the BCG if you hold down the trigger. This can potentially cause an OOB discharge.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 12:58:05 AM EDT
[#2]
So can i order a semi fcg from dsa and install it in this lower?
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 1:00:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CCF460:
So can i order a semi fcg from dsa and install it in this lower?
View Quote

Why?  Just keep it as-is.  Just don't shoot it from the 3rd position.  If you must, get a selector with the beak to keep it from going into the third position.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 1:03:08 AM EDT
[#4]
That's great news, the trigger in the f/a lower is way better than the semi in the dsa lower

Link Posted: 1/22/2024 5:43:13 AM EDT
[#5]
There are also grips that lack the clearance to allow the selector to spin to the FA position.
When I built a bunch of FAL rifles years ago I usually used these type of grips since they counted as a US made part and stopped the safety.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Of the dozen FALs I've built or owned, all functioned normally with the selector in the "A" position and either original or US-made FCG parts.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

Why?  Just keep it as-is.  Just don't shoot it from the 3rd position.  If you must, get a selector with the beak to keep it from going into the third position.
View Quote

This is the answer.

If you know a competent welder, just have him add a blob on the existing selector in the right place and file to fit.

I have never seen an OOB with the selector in FA and I have seen plenty of folks accidentally flip the selector past the semi position at my yearly FAL matches.
They just get to pull the handle a lot and leave lots of live ammo lying around...great fun!
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By lew:
Of the dozen FALs I've built or owned, all functioned normally with the selector in the "A" position and either original or US-made FCG parts.
View Quote

This usually means someone has gone to the trouble of welding a blob into the slot in the selector.  Without that blob, FALs will exhibit hammer-follow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top