Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2023 4:20:06 PM EDT
I just bought a Steyr imported Belgian 50.00 from a friend of a friend for a great deal. He told my buddy he also has a Canadian FAL with wood furniture he may consider selling me. The guy is in his 80's so his collection was all acquired some time ago. Were Canadian FALs ever imported as genuine complete guns or were they parts kit builds only?

I don't have a picture or any additional information.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't think complete rifles were ever imported.  Might have been "imported" in a car trunk.

Could also be a "made in canada" Century Arms L1A1.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#2]
IF he did indeed get it a long time ago, and it’s actually a Long Branch C1/C1A1, it’s in that Holy Grail category. The front sight/gas block is a dead giveaway. Rear sight is a dial, but interchangeable with other FAL lowers. Forearm doesn’t have vent slots. Someone made C1 pattern gas blocks a while back but has since died, and even those are extremely rare. The “made in Canada” digital electro marked FALs are a far cry from actual C1s, but I don’t think are any older than about 15 years.

Get pics!
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 2:32:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Saw one once at a show which I later was told must have been an FN that walked itself across the Canada/US border.  Was sketchy enough at the time that I was not interested at all.  Think amnesty list G series, but not on the actual list, or something like that.  (Been 20+ years since I saw it).

So there apparently are some of those as well, whether FN or Canadian made, which wandered across the border as gray market guns.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 2:53:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tac556:
Saw one once at a show which I later was told must have been an FN that walked itself across the Canada/US border.  Was sketchy enough at the time that I was not interested at all.  Think amnesty list G series, but not on the actual list, or something like that.  (Been 20+ years since I saw it).

So there apparently are some of those as well, whether FN or Canadian made, which wandered across the border as gray market guns.
View Quote

Lots of stuff walked across the border.

My favorite were M1 receivers and the odd ducks of Swiss rifles also.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top