BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:38:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By networkguru:
Is there a disadvantage to HUB compatibility?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Cost of conversion, and potential for tolerance stacking or an adapter coming loose.

Does it lock him into a brands mount system?
No, Hub=SiCo Bravo/1.375x24/1 3/8x24, and probably some other confusing names that marketing dudes come up with to cost their company sales. Its a de-facto standard, and many of the big names make adaptors for it. The ones that would like to get/stay mainstream, that is. Ecco, Griffin, Q, Rugged, SiCo, Dead Air, YHM, Rearden, Wolfpack, Hux, etc.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
If you let them cool all the way to ambient before installing/removing, I’m out of ideas and would consider involving customer service, because something may be wrong with the can or mount. It’s worth trying to clean them with a brush first like Green0 is saying.

I’m actually a bit surprised at how much y’all maintain these things, though. One of the reasons I use these is that they seem very tolerant of neglect with just a quick wipe to remove obvious dirt/sand/wood, if present, before mounting.
View Quote

As noted in an an earlier post, I already have the brush and clean the interior of the can.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Green0:
There is a 1” oateys pipe fitting brush available on our website or at Home Depot.  That can be used to clean the threads on the can, before applying the anti-seize.

It may make sense to try to grab one, clean up your threads, and use the anti seize on the threads and taper and see if that helps.

About the only other thing I could think of is to look for taper or thread damage and possibly even to consider getting it into customer service to see if they can find the issue.
View Quote

As I noted in an earlier post, the interior of the can is clean with the 1” brush. I’ll double check the threads and taper surfaces on the mounts, but when the cans aren’t mounted the thread adapter is on.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Regardless of what actual mount system the OP wants to use, And the debate will run ad infinitum, I think the more relevant consideration is whether it is a good idea to covert the suppressor to HUB.

Does it lock him into a brands mount system?

View Quote

The big advantage of going to the hub mount is NOT being locked into a specific mounting system. It’s future proof.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top