Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2024 7:52:36 PM EDT
Torchwear hotbag as seen on youtube.... well they were pretty much $100.  Nice but not a hundo nice to me. They are available now under the brand mechanix gloves. Amazon $13. Comes from wetworxoutfitters in knoxville. Ra 3 mags today and did what rhe guy in the video did. Absaloutely works as advertised. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092H5RQ22?tag=arfcom00-20
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.capitolarmory.com/torch-we...​
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Hot supressot to case. Nothing burned or melted.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up a few of those last year when they were blowing them out cheap on the Mechanix Wear website.

They are excellent for safe transport after getting the cans hot at the range. I think I'll buy a couple more.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I have six of these (and six of the suppressor covers).  They're nice.  I paid $20 for them (back in July of last year . . . so these aren't a "new offering" from Mechanixwear).  For those who might be curious about size, they'll comfortably fit over a Thunderbeast 338BA, so they'll probably fit over any silencer you have (unless you have a .375/50BMG can).
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Am I trapped in a “you still have items in your cart” email?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#8]
They doubled the price.   :(
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I snagged two of the bags and two of the covers right after this was posted.  They came today and look good.  Does anyone have much experience w/ the covers?  I'm not expecting a ton based on how little these weigh (1.62 oz after cutting tag off, according to my scale).  I've read good and bad online.  I have Manta sleeves for the high rate of fire stuff, so I don't need blowtorch-proof performance from these
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#10]
If you watch the torchwear hotbag video from capital armory the guy rins 3 mags full auto. Uses a digital thermometer at oflver 700 degrees. Puts the bag on and holds it with his hand for a long time. No burning his hand. I ran the same thing works as advertised.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:00:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fordkicksass] [#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By aimatdeer:
If you watch the torchwear hotbag video from capital armory the guy rins 3 mags full auto. Uses a digital thermometer at oflver 700 degrees. Puts the bag on and holds it with his hand for a long time. No burning his hand. I ran the same thing works as advertised.
View Quote

@aimatdeer
Are you referring to the bag or the cover?  I've read nothing but good about the bag, but very mixed results on the actual suppressor cover version.  According to the Mechanix website, both bag and cover are based on the same type of material.  From handling both tonight, it seems the bag has a substantially heavier construction than the cover which prompted my question.

ETA:  I did watch the video on the bag, very impressive.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I just have the bag. Works just like the video
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By fordkicksass:
I snagged two of the bags and two of the covers right after this was posted.  They came today and look good.  Does anyone have much experience w/ the covers?
View Quote
I got my cover as a package deal with a bag and mitt direct from Mechanix Wear.

I use it as a travel cover for shorter pistol/PCC suppressors. It works fine for that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the heads up on these, I just received them today and I’m pleasantly surprised. They’re actually really nice considering the cost.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Are you saying the insulation works well just the bag by itself? I've not seen the video.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Youtube.  Capital armory torchwear hotbag.  Really it works just like the video...just ordered a second one as i recently purchased another can.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Just picked up 3 of them for $11 a piece!
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Capital armory is out of stock!? At $99!!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Youtube.  Capital armory torchwear hotbag.  Really it works just like the video...just ordered a second one as i recently purchased another can.
View Quote

Impressive! I'll be getting a few.

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:44:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JBJR:
Just picked up 3 of them for $11 a piece!
View Quote

Where did you get them at that price?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By fmkenner:

View Quote

The amazon proved fluctuate
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By fmkenner:

View Quote
That first Amazon link in the OP had a seller with that great price, but apparently they sold out.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#24]
14.99 @ Wetworks for bag
29.99 for the set of bag, mitt, and cover set.    Link - Click Here
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Capital armory is out of stock!? At $99!!https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/418716/1000015790_jpg-3176843.JPG
View Quote

That's a price tag indeed
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#26]
I ordered a cover today to just see. Coincidentally, I had ordered kevlar thread, cord, metal cord lock, and a carbon felt welding blanket to make the. The felt I ordered looks WAY thicker and I tested it against a fat cat. I'm going to use the remainder of the blanket as a pad to keep from melting carpet again.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:15:55 AM EDT
[#27]
I got to put some rounds through my Explorr 224 with one of the 6" covers on it today.  I went through 30 rounds of M855 on a 16" barrel in a couple minutes just doing basic up drills.  The cover did its job and has zero damage, nothing melted or damaged at all (I removed the internal tag prior to shooting after reading about these).  This was not intended to be scientific nor any sort of a torture test.  I'm impressed, especially for how lightweight and inexpensive it is.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By fordkicksass:
I got to put some rounds through my Explorr 224 with one of the 6" covers on it today.  I went through 30 rounds of M855 on a 16" barrel in a couple minutes just doing basic up drills.  The cover did its job and has zero damage, nothing melted or damaged at all (I removed the internal tag prior to shooting after reading about these).  This was not intended to be scientific nor any sort of a torture test.  I'm impressed, especially for how lightweight and inexpensive it is.
View Quote

Great tip as I hadn't noticed the tags. Thanks for the save.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top