Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2024 6:56:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yamahawarrior89]
Took the 8.25" FAL out for its maiden voyage. Tested with a Rugged Micro 30, using the DSA suppressor plug.

Attachment Attached File

For the suppressor plug, I used the jet with the smallest hole. For the adjustable gas, it was about 5 clicks from being covered. I also use the Magpul qd attachment as a guard to keep my thumb from moving over the gas exhaust port.
Attachment Attached File

Overall, all loads functioned perfectly. The micro 30 and the short barrel was noticable compared to a 16" barrel (as expected). Didn't notice any gas to the face, but wasn't shooting rapidly. Brass was going about 15 feet.

Velocity of a few loads below:

Federal FGMM 168gr was 1900fps. (16" ~2500 fps)
Attachment Attached File

Federal 130gr Varmint was 2200fps (16" ~2800 fps)
Attachment Attached File

Handloads American Reloading MP540 43.5gr, 168gr Amax, 2.815 OAL was 2050fps (16" ~2550 fps)
Attachment Attached File

The plastic DSA mag sucks. They swell when loaded. I have a few surplus mags I need to try, looking forward to the new steel DSA mags coming out.

The hogue grip is so much better than the stock grip.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I want that gun.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a sexy bitch and I'm seriously jelly cause I can't have that here
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#3]
That is an awesome setup. I’m envious.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:44:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#4]
I have the same gun, SBR paperwork approved, it is out being engraved, just have to put the stock on when it gets back.
I bought a Rugged Radiant 762 to use with it suppressed.

I took it out to shoot one time before submitting the Form 1 to the ATF just to be sure it functioned. I thought it shot great.

I didn’t think the flash or recoil were bad at all, not like everyone on the internet claims it would be.

Question about the stock on your gun:
Did you just swap in a stock in place of the pistol rear cap or is that a whole new complete para lower?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:07:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: yamahawarrior89] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Princeton:
Question about the stock on your gun:
Did you just swap in a stock in place of the pistol rear cap or is that a whole new complete para lower?
View Quote

I bought a para lower and transferred all the parts over from the pistol lower. Wish they would have just used a para lower, or had a picatinny adapter that fit the back of the pistol lower.

If you buy the para stock from them, you'll also need this part since it doesn't come with the stock:

https://dsarms.com/p-12586-dsa-fal-sa58-para-hinge-block-connecting-screw-with-internal-retaining-screw.aspx

I found out the hard way, bought the pistol, then ordered the stock and other goodies. When it arrives, I removed the rear cap on the pistol and found that there was no provision to mount the stock. Then I ordered the para housing. Swapped all the parts over and there still wasn't a way to mount the para stock. Had to order that connecting screw and finally was able to mount it. So it took 3 orders and bunch of time. I guess I could have called or asked customer service but if they used the para lower or offered  a picatinny adapter for the pistol lower, none of that would have happened
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:51:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By yamahawarrior89:

I bought a para lower and transferred all the parts over from the pistol lower. Wish they would have just used a para lower, or had a picatinny adapter that fit the back of the pistol lower.

If you buy the para stock from them, you'll also need this part since it doesn't come with the stock:

https://dsarms.com/p-12586-dsa-fal-sa58-para-hinge-block-connecting-screw-with-internal-retaining-screw.aspx

I found out the hard way, bought the pistol, then ordered the stock and other goodies. When it arrives, I removed the rear cap on the pistol and found that there was no provision to mount the stock. Then I ordered the para housing. Swapped all the parts over and there still wasn't a way to mount the para stock. Had to order that connecting screw and finally was able to mount it. So it took 3 orders and bunch of time. I guess I could have called or asked customer service but if they used the para lower or offered  a picatinny adapter for the pistol lower, none of that would have happened
View Quote

I had already emailed customer service to ask about this and already found out they use pistol specific lower parts.
I went overboard ordering and got this para parts set figuring I’d just resell what I didn’t need. I just wanted to be sure I had all the parts I needed on hand when I went to make the swap. And this way the stock was already installed. https://dsarms.com/p-12747-dsa-fal-sa58-para-conversion-kit-includes-stock-lower-trigger-frame-para-carrier-nose-para-top-cover-springs-and-para-sight.aspx

I just have to swap out the internals from my pistol.
I’m hopeful I will make back more than half of my out of pocket selling the extra parts I don’t need.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:50:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#7]
Finally got time to swap the pistol parts for para rifle parts to complete my 8” FAL SBR.
Couldn’t be happier with the way it turned out.
Unfortunately, I forgot to order a suppressor ready gas plug and DSA  Arms is out of stock.
Probably won’t make it to the shooting range too soon so no big deal.

Here it is with a Rugged Radiant 7.62 suppressor and a Bushnell Elite 3200 Rifle Scope 2-7x.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top