BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kerry201pro:
Well I made the call in disgust and left the call same way. Got in after 15 min. I tried being polite despite wanting tear into the dude. Said since my form 1's (2 bitch & 1 paid) came in together they are in free backlog pile. Said even if I withdrew the 2 whore braces it would not trigger any movement on the 1 paid in the que. Thx .gov for another completely broke bs process......
View Quote

Well, at least you know what's going on.  And as has been said around here, the Free ones seem to be on hold with the recent back and forth's about the brace issues.

It sucks, but might consider pulling the paid one and re-submitting it.  At least it gets it out of the hold pile with your other two.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm at 310 days on a PAID F1. Finally said fuck it and submit a duplicate a few days ago
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#3]
@mk4dubbin  Did you re-submit it with another payment? I'm not sure you could get a refund at the pace they work.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]
@mk4dubbin  Did you re-submit it with another payment? I'm not sure you could get a refund at the pace they work.
View Quote

Yes I did. So I currently have 2 identical paid F1's submitted. We'll see what happens
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
I'm at 310 days on a PAID F1. Finally said fuck it and submit a duplicate a few days ago
View Quote

That is INSANE.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Currently at 319 days on a paid Form 1.

Will be withdrawing and resubmitting if it hits a year.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#7]
329 today. Yea I'm thinking submitting a duplicate might get things moving. I completed a form 1 on 12/11 this month and it was approved 11 days later. Makes no sense why the 2 I did back in Feb are stuck in pending status.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got my approval today!  There is really something wrong here when people are waiting hundreds of days and I get an approval in 10 calendar days over the holiday!
But I’m a happy camper!

E Form 1 to SBR an FX-9
Individual, EFT prints, digital photo
Submitted 12/18/23
Approved 12/28/23
Examiner Carol S Ripley
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been waiting since mid May on an eform1 SBR.  I called the ATF last month to get a status and was told it simply wasn't assigned yet.  I'm going to withdraw in a couple of weeks and resubmit.  Crazy that so many folks are getting fast approvals lately.  Seems like all the early 2023 fillings are just in limbo land.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:50:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: woodenword] [#10]
Originally Posted By The_Accuser:
I've been waiting since mid May on an eform1 SBR.  I called the ATF last month to get a status and was told it simply wasn't assigned yet.  I'm going to withdraw in a couple of weeks and resubmit.  Crazy that so many folks are getting fast approvals lately.  Seems like all the early 2023 fillings are just in limbo land.
View Quote

I’m thinking that everything prior to and during the free SBR madness were all pushed to the side when the injunction was issued.  It’s as if no one sorted through the pile to see which ones needed to be held and which ones could be processed.  They just started assigning and processing things that came in after.  And then totally asinine that no one has figured out there’s a problem since!

I also saw one that was submitted 12/22 and approved 12/28.  That’s 6 days!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm 334 today. I finally just submitted a duplicate paid form 1. Guess we'll see if that gets anything moving.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 11:29:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Springer1911Fan] [#12]
Originally Posted By Stal:
I'm 334 today. I finally just submitted a duplicate paid form 1. Guess we'll see if that gets anything moving.
View Quote

Keep us posted.  I am nowhere near your wait, just over 100 days and counting, but may go this same route.  Pretty ridiculous process.

ETA: Paid Efile individual form 1 SBR, electronic prints. Submitted 9/19. 122 days so far.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I submitted 11/1/23 for a paid Form 1 SBR. It normally takes me just under 90 days to get a Form 1 approved though my record is one at 30 days. We shall see how this one goes. I'm at 62 days now.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm thinking of calling and asking for a refund 1st. Then re-submit later. Just to see if it jump starts mine in the db.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm thinking of calling and asking for a refund 1st. Then re-submit later. Just to see if it jump starts mine in the db.
View Quote

Good luck.  Looks like they list a 90 day turn around on a refund. If this is similar to their current processing times vs actual, maybe get your refund in 2 years.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Springer1911Fan:

Good luck.  Looks like they list a 90 day turn around on a refund. If this is similar to their current processing times vs actual, maybe get your refund in 2 years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

My last refund for a disapproved eForm 1 was around 72 hours.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 10:27:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrapple] [#17]
E-filed and paid for a trust F1 at the beginning of October. Still waiting, no update, nothing.

When they have no oversight or people to answer to, I guess they do whatever they want.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 10:30:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Springer1911Fan] [#18]
Originally Posted By Scrapple:
Paid for a trust F1 at the beginning of October. Still waiting, no update, nothing.

When they have no oversight or people to answer to, I guess they do whatever they want.
View Quote

I contacted my congressman’s office at day 107 of my individual filing. Approved 4 days later. My congressman is sympathetic so YMMV, but can’t hurt to try.  We shouldn’t be put through this for trying to abide by silly laws.  How hard is it to process these filings in a timely manner?
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#19]

I contacted my congressman’s office at day 107 of my individual filing. Approved 4 days later. My congressman is sympathetic so YMMV, but can’t hurt to try.  We shouldn’t be put through this for trying to abide by silly laws.  How hard is it to process these filings in a timely manner?
View Quote

Mine is a Democrat, so that should speak for itself. But I'll be contacting her regardless.
I'm sick of this crap.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#20]
My Rep is a Democrat and her office has been awesome. I have never contacted a member of Congress before so I had no idea what to expect.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#21]
My Rep was successful in getting mine approved.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:28:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: flcracker] [#22]
Originally Posted By flcracker:
Currently at 319 days on a paid Form 1.

Will be withdrawing and resubmitting if it hits a year.
View Quote

Well, I'll be darned.  Approval email arrived today.

Two weeks after asking my Congresscritter (R) to look into it for me.

Digitally signed by "Authorized NFA Division Official".  🤔

369 days.    Hopefully this record will stand and none of you guys will have to wait as long as I did.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:37:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Krombompulos_Michael] [#23]
I am at 8 months as of today.  Yesterday I emailed [email protected] (yes, with liaison misspelled) and received a reply that they have processed my NICS check and referred it back to ATF.

I would imagine quite a few of these long wait eforms are hung up because NICS is sitting on them.  Of course ATF can’t be bothered to check on them.  Anyway, with the NICS complete, I’m hoping to hear back soon from ATF.

UPDATE:  Form 1 approved just 3 days after emailing [email protected]

I think that this is the way fellas.  The problems isn’t  ATF, it’s the NICS checks getting stovepiped.  I’m happy to share the language I used to shake things loose if you think it will help your case.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:35:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RangeToy] [#24]
I am at 5 months on Form1 right now. What a joke.

Just emailed my congressman
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By kokopelli:
Batfe is not working the free SBR form 1's anymore, due to the injunction. Ours are just sitting, still.
View Quote
I guess that explains mine, at 14 months now.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm over 6 months on a couple form 1s and some form 4s
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Efiled a form 1 with electronic prints on 5/23. Still waiting. Tried calling today and left a message, wonder if I’ll get a call back.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Still waiting on paid form 1 from 5/30. For those who emailed [email protected], what information did you include in email?   This approval system is broke big time just like everything .gov touches.....
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#29]
All my e-form 1s are over 300 days. In an effort to not be the champion, I contacted my representative today. Their response time was within minutes. Hopefully they will be able to get them out of whatever hole they are in.

My multiple attempts to contact the NICS liaison the last 2 weeks resulted in only one canned response they received the email...we are busy.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BlueWedge:
All my e-form 1s are over 300 days. In an effort to not be the champion, I contacted my representative today. Their response time was within minutes. Hopefully they will be able to get them out of whatever hole they are in.

My multiple attempts to contact the NICS liaison the last 2 weeks resulted in only one canned response they received the email...we are busy.
View Quote

My representative confirmed they are all at the FBI/NICS in "research" status.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:09:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Krombompulos_Michael] [#31]
Still waiting on paid form 1 from 5/30. For those who emailed [email protected], what information did you include in email?   This approval system is broke big time just like everything .gov touches.....
View Quote

Here is what I sent.  Obviously worked well because they approved it in 12 hours and my eform 1 was approved 2 days later:

To Whom it May Concern,

Greetings,  I am writing concerning a delay in the processing of my ATF Eform 1 application submitted on 6/20/2023.  The permit number is 2023xxxxxx, ID Number xxxxxxx.  My name is (name here), DOB 1/1/19xx.

While most eform applications take 30-60 days, mine has been in process now for 8 months.  I am inquiring as to why the delay has occurred and what can be done to remedy the delay.  If there are no issues, I respectfully request that the application be adjudicated immediately.  

Thank you for your time.  I know you are busy and appreciate your work and consideration.  

Kind regards,

Name
Phone #
Email

In the subject line of the email I wrote;

Pending eform 1 delay - permit #2023xxxxxx
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

See my post above.  An email to [email protected] (with liaison misspelled) solved the problem.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:31:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlueWedge] [#33]
After sending multiple emails over 2 weeks to the liaison with no response I contacted my representative.  They contacted ATF/NFA who confirmed they were sitting at NICS. They then contacted FBI/NICS and in less 2 days I have the first approval. So, I'm not the champion at 337 days. It would appear emails/contact from a representative got things moving at FBI/NICS.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top