Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:34:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

Was it a draft copy of a submitted form? If so, they're both gone, ar least for what you can see.

It didn't delete what they can see, and the Approved/Disapproved form should show back up in Eforms when it's handled.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/6F434D76-9AF6-4CAD-B88E-2157DDE230CB_zpslrjfg31b.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By MiamiE:

I went to delete a draft that was on my left hand side bar and now my submitted tab is empty. Where did my original submission go? I deleted a draft and not a submission.

It says no saved forms and I am a little worried I deleted the app. ****!

Was it a draft copy of a submitted form? If so, they're both gone, ar least for what you can see.

It didn't delete what they can see, and the Approved/Disapproved form should show back up in Eforms when it's handled.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/6F434D76-9AF6-4CAD-B88E-2157DDE230CB_zpslrjfg31b.png

Wish I had seen this earlier. Just did the same thing and nearly shit myself when my submitted form 1 disappeared.

Thanks for the info.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:57:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The link in the OP for the fillable Form 1 does not let me fill it.
Am I being 'tarded or is there another link?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:00:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:58:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smb980] [#5]

this help?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smb980:
The link in the OP for the fillable Form 1 does not let me fill it.
Am I being 'tarded or is there another link?

this help?

That worked, thanks!
Eta: Filable Form 1, bottom of page
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:10:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: defenderhome] [#6]
DO I need a 5330.2 for a trust and paper Form 1 SBR?

I think I found the answer is NO
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Im sorry if this has been covered already but this thread has a ton a pages to look through.

Ok, I know your form 1 has to be double sided. But what about the 3rd page? What do I do with that?

The 3rd pages starts with :

17. Method of Payment

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By KennyW1983:

Im sorry if this has been covered already but this thread has a ton a pages to look through.

Ok, I know your form 1 has to be double sided. But what about the 3rd page? What do I do with that?

The 3rd pages starts with :

17. Method of Payment

View Quote
Just one copy of page three needed. Two copies of pages 1&2.

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Most people I know simply print two copies of pages 1&2 double-sided...and one copy of page 3 (because they don't return a copy to you).

Page 2 is a little different, but that's because they've added the 5320.20 CoC questions. You still leave the whole thing blank when registering as Corportation or Other Legal Entity.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tripntx:
I looked and didn't see my questions being asked and answered in regards to using new paper FORM 1 while filling as a TRUST.

Old Form 1, two pages require information. I know how to fill out the old two page FORM 1 (several previously approved).

NEW Form 1 has six pages requiring information, dated June 2014:
Page 1 appears to be the same as old Form.
Page 2 is laid out different, but appears to contain the same data.
Page 3 is the new section everybody is talking about allowing payment by credit card.
Page 4 is new, appears to be the same as Pg 1.
Page 5 is new, appears to be the same as Pg 2.
Page 6 is new, appears to be the same as Pg 3.

Alright, seems I answered my own questions by writing out what the new pages are above. They didn't look right because I printed all pages double sided, which really messed up how they looked. ATF simply repeated pages 1-3 as pages 4-6.

Print pages 1&2 and pages 4&5 as double sided, while printing page 3 and 6 as single sided.  (what the heck, simply select two copies and print pages 1-3 double sided)  

BTW, I'm sure someone will recommend E Form, but I prefer having an actual stamp returned on an approved Form 1.

Most people I know simply print two copies of pages 1&2 double-sided...and one copy of page 3 (because they don't return a copy to you).

Page 2 is a little different, but that's because they've added the 5320.20 CoC questions. You still leave the whole thing blank when registering as Corportation or Other Legal Entity.

So no ink from my pen should touch page 2? I don't even sign at the bottom? Pretty much shouldn't even have to print it but since it's part of the application it has to be on there if I understand correctly.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#12]
OK great. Thanks BigWaylon.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for this!

Just used it to fill out my paperwork
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:59:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HunterSafety] [#14]
Hi Can I still use the old paper form 1?  If I want to form 1 3 SBR's, can I use one envelope, one copy of my trust and one money order with 3 form ones? One last Q would  you consider using a polymer ar lower for a SBR? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 7:19:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#15]
Originally Posted By HunterSafety:
Hi Can I still use the old paper form 1?  
View All Quotes
Hi Can I still use the old paper form 1?  

Yes, you have to use the paper forms if filing as an individual.

If I want to form 1 3 SBR's, can I use one envelope, one copy of my trust and one money order with 3 form ones?

Yes, just make sure your money order is for $600, not $200.

One last Q would  you consider using a polymer ar lower for a SBR? Thanks.

Only if I had money to burn or it was a GWACS/CavArms
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:08:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks.  By old paper form 1 I meant the 2010 version vs the new? 2014 version of the form 1.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:33:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#17]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:04:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks.  What address should i send the form 1 to? The form says Martinsburg WV.  Hasn't that been changed?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Thanks.  What address should i send the form 1 to? The form says Martinsburg WV.  Hasn't that been changed?
View Quote
All Forms with a payment go to the Atlanta PO box.

Link Posted: 6/11/2016 3:14:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AlabamaPaul:
View All Quotes

So if I send a Form 1 and a Form 4 in the same envelope can I get away with only sending one set of fingerprint cards?  I'm down to one set of fingerprint and have two sets of forms I want to send.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 1:59:19 AM EDT
[#21]
I am doing the paperwork on form 1's for 4 SBR'S as an individual.
When I send the package to ATF can I just send 2 finger print cards for the whole 4 applications, or would I need to send 8?
Same question for the Certification of Compliance, will one do or should I send 4?
I just read all 27 pages and I didnt see the answer. Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By cetme1:

I am doing the paperwork on form 1's for 4 SBR'S as an individual.

When I send the package to ATF can I just send 2 finger print cards for the whole 4 applications, or would I need to send 8?

Same question for the Certification of Compliance, will one do or should I send 4?

I just read all 27 pages and I didnt see the answer. Thanks for any help.
View Quote
One set of prints (2 cards) is okay. If you are using the newer Form 1, the CoC is incorporated into the form itself, but if not, then one will work.

Link Posted: 6/16/2016 7:52:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By jr1092:
So if I send a Form 1 and a Form 4 in the same envelope can I get away with only sending one set of fingerprint cards?  I'm down to one set of fingerprint and have two sets of forms I want to send.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jr1092:

Never tried two different forms with one set of prints.

Link Posted: 6/16/2016 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the info.

Do I have to complete section 10 and get CLEO signature if I am filing under a trust for an SBR?

Section 11 is not applicable if filing under a trust?
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#26]

What do the instructions on the form say?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rjackh:
Do I have to complete section 10 and get CLEO signature if I am filing under a trust for an SBR?

Section 11 is not applicable if filing under a trust?

What do the instructions on the form say?

#11 is pretty clear but I wanted to double check. I didn't see any instructions for #10, but I didn't need a CLEO sig for my form 4 so I assume I don't here either. Instructions 2g referenced in #10 define CLEO.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Ok, I have a new issue with my forms. I'm building 4 SBR as an individual. I finished the paperwork, dropped it off at my sheriffs dept to sign and got my prints done at the police department. Picked up my 8 copies from the sheriff and all were signed (stamped) but they used Blue ink. Is that acceptable? I think I read everything needs to be black ink. So should I just send in the paperwork to ATF or start all over again and get the signatures in black ink? Sorry for the questions but I haven't filled out these forms since 1986.
Thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By cetme1:

Ok, I have a new issue with my forms. I'm building 4 SBR as an individual. I finished the paperwork, dropped it off at my sheriffs dept to sign and got my prints done at the police department. Picked up my 8 copies from the sheriff and all were signed (stamped) but they used Blue ink. Is that acceptable? I think I read everything needs to be black ink. So should I just send in the paperwork to ATF or start all over again and get the signatures in black ink? Sorry for the questions but I haven't filled out these forms since 1986.

Thanks again.
View Quote
Blue or black is okay.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:05:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Thank you gentlemen, I've got 4 form 1's on the way!
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 7:18:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wangstang] [#32]
When mailing in a paper copies of form 1's...

1) OP states that a 5330.20 must be included with a form 1 submission.  Does that include a trust?  If so it seems to contradict:
When the maker or transferee is a legal entity, Form 5330.20 (generally known as the non-immigrant alien certification) is not required.
View Quote

Note that the above is from an eforms informational update here:
http://johnpierceesq.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/eForms_Bulletin_9-17-13.pdf
Related discussion:
http://johnpierceesq.com/do-i-need-to-submit-a-5330-20-if-i-am-using-eforms/

2) Am I understanding the OP correctly when he states:
Be sure to send a “Certified True Copy” of the trust, which is a notarized COPY
View Quote

Is that a copy of the notarized document or is that a copy of the notarized document with a extra set of notary stamps on the same pages that were notarized to begin with or what?

OP also mentions using "Cal" and "MM" units to describe his caliber/gauge descriptions but I've seen otherwise here.  What applies to paper submission form 1's?

3) Here's what's from the same eforms info sheet listed above:
NFA uses only the ‘base’ caliber for describing an NFA firearm and no ‘.’ to start. For example, we use ‘22’ rather than ‘.22,’ ’22LR,’ .22 WIN,’ etc. Similarly, we use ‘300’ rather than ‘.300,’ ‘.300 Blackout,’ ‘.300 AAC Blackout,’ etc.
For metric descriptions, we do include the ‘.’ when it is internal to the ‘base’ caliber, such as ‘5.56’ or ‘7.62,’ but we do not use the further description to the caliber such as ‘5.56x45’ or ‘7.62x39’ for example.
We appreciate your cooperation.
View Quote

http://johnpierceesq.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/eForms_Bulletin_9-17-13.pdf

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#34]
As always, thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Two last questions...
One copy of the trust per submission or does it need to be in duplicate?

Should the trust be printed on both sides of the paper or just one side?

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 10:06:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wangstang] [#37]

1 copy is sufficient as they don't need a copy to return to you. Printed either way.

I've always sent mine in double-sided, but mainly because it's half the paper and weight.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
Two last questions...
One copy of the trust per submission or does it need to be in duplicate?

Should the trust be printed on both sides of the paper or just one side?

Thanks again.

1 copy is sufficient as they don't need a copy to return to you. Printed either way.

I've always sent mine in double-sided, but mainly because it's half the paper and weight.

Copy that.  I sent you one last IM for what I'm sure will be the dumbest submission question you'll ever get but hey...I appreciate the help sir.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:10:48 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm filling out a SBR form 1 for a trust.  My trust names me as "settlor" and "co-trustee" (my wife being the other trustee).

Under #8 name & title of authorized official on ATF form:

Should I sign my name and then put trustee? or grantor or settlor?  I've seen it several ways.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Greetings --

BigWaylon helped me out in a different section so a quick thanks to him again !

I am trying to do a Paper Form 1 via a Trust.  Due to the "applicant" being a Trust I understand that Page 2 is not to be filled out at all including a signature at the bottom regarding "Maker's Certification" of questions numbered 11 to 16 (See page 27 of this thread for posts between BigWaylon and ghicks80).

I can only find a form that has a permanent "check mark" in the "N/A" box.  I can't get rid of it before printing.

Questions:

1: Is this something I need to worry about or should I find a "Clean" copy without any checks in any boxes? (Maybe whiteout after printing?)

2: Since I am asking about the Form 1 for a Trust I might as well ask and/or confirm from anyone who has had Form 1 via a Trust returned as approved if my understanding that Page 2 should not be filled out at all is correct?

I only question this because other Internet sources state that you should fill it out even though the form states: "A maker who is an individual must complete this Section"    Thus a Trust is not an individual and does not fill out anything on Page 2 of the Form 1 including any signature.  Correct?

(Or do I see my own reference from Page 27 and say "Yes" to myself because reading the Form 1 directions and this great thread is fundamental?)

Thanks for your interest and input.

Respectfully, R-Ralphy
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm finishing up three Form 1's and getting ready to head to the post office to have it postmarked today.

I'm filing as a trust, and this is my first Form 1.

I hope I don't receive a response in the negative tomorrow after these are in the mail, but I did NOT complete anything on page 2, and left it blank. The CLEO certification does not apply, and according to the directions, I don't think that Maker's Certification applies either. It even says on the form "A maker who is an individual must complete this section."

If you look at the definitions in the directions, it is clear to me that as a Corp or entity (trust), you are not an individual. Thus, nothing (pre-41F) is to be filled out on the second page as a trust.

Some other (older) ARFCOM threads confirmed this, so I'm going with it.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks again BigWaylon.

Finished my Form 1 (maybe better to say, "did not put anything else on my form"), and dropped it in the mail today.

I am confident based upon the great resources here that I will be able to report back in about a decade (based upon the assumed deluge of forms that more than likely went into the mail this past week) that all went well.

I wish everyone an approved $200.00 tax stamp in their future.

R-Ralphy
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 3:23:04 AM EDT
[#44]
I am filling out a paper form 1 for a suppressor using my Trust.  I am followin this and for box 7 and 8 it says to sign my name and write "grantor" afterwards.  On my actual trust, it labels me as settlor (there is no mention of the word grantor).  Should I write "settlor" after my name instead? Or just write "grantor" afterwards?
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 7:09:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 7:11:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ebr_citizen] [#46]
I downloaded the 5320.1 pdf from the ATF site, but it doesn't appear as fillable. In Adobe Acrobat Reader, I can choose the "Fill & Sign" option, but that's really meant for forms that weren't designed as fillable.

Is there a setting in Acrobat Reader that lets you fill out a form that is designed to be fillable (i.e., reveals the entry fields)?

Edit: Nevermind, found a fillable form in another thread.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:12:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ebr_citizen] [#47]
Just wanted to confirm I've got this right for a paper submission Form 1 for a trust:

- 2 double-sided copies of Form 1 pages 1-3, leaving LEO certification and Maker's certification blank
- 1 copy of trust - I'll just print this single-sided
- check for $200

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#48]
I've always included the 5330.20 as well
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 3:02:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#49]
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top