Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
My dealer went and spoke to Century about the 33s.  The game isn't over yet.  But it certainly has been delayed beyond what they expected.  Not much info was relayed other than it is still a very real thing.

Hearsay but take it for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:42:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#2]
Ironically, I think the one thing preventing somebody from stepping in and making us HK33/93/53’s…. Is the fact that MKE MIGHT eventually give us 33/93/53’s.  I think a lot of companies that would otherwise bring us those guns like PTR or Zenith know that they can’t compete with a Turkish rollerlock on price and saw their own market share get stolen by MKE on the MP5 front.  You can see they both moved into the 223/556 space but steered clear of directly making a 33/93/53 that could be directly competed against by MKE imports.  

For Zenith, they decided to make a new designed roller lock 556 gun and price it to compete or with the HK416/SCAR16 crowd.  PTR basically decided to make a HK33, but decided to go with the G41 variation to differentiate it.  

I think making an actual HK33/93/53 will be radioactive for almost any company while there is still the possibility that MKE will actually start selling those guns
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By agb104983:
Ironically, I think the one thing preventing somebody from stepping in and making us HK33/93/53’s…. Is the fact that MKE MIGHT eventually give us 33/93/53’s.  I think a lot of companies that would otherwise bring us those guns like PTR or Zenith know that they can’t compete with a Turkish rollerlock on price and saw their own market share get stolen by MKE on the MP5 front.  You can see they both moved into the 223/556 space but steered clear of directly making a 33/93/53 that could be directly competed against by MKE imports.  

For Zenith, they decided to make a new designed roller lock 556 gun and price it to compete or with the HK416/SCAR16 crowd.  PTR basically decided to make a HK33, but decided to go with the G41 variation to differentiate it.  

I think making an actual HK33/93/53 will be radioactive for almost any company while there is still the possibility that MKE will actually start selling those guns
View Quote

I'd say there is a lot of truth to what you just wrote.

I'm holding out hope for the 33k and will for sure buy two, or more.  If it ends up being just the 33 or 53....I'll probably get a 33, and just one.  I stocked up on mags, parts, and an A3 stock a while back so I'm invested and ready.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By HKocher:

I much prefer the classic look on my HKs, I wish they’d ship these rifles with the wide hard guards instead of mlok.
View Quote

Indeed. When I bought my MKE AP5, the first thing I did was swap out the hand guard for the proper HK type wide one.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:
My dealer went and spoke to Century about the 33s.  The game isn't over yet.  But it certainly has been delayed beyond what they expected.  Not much info was relayed other than it is still a very real thing.

Hearsay but take it for what it's worth.
View Quote

PSA kept giving updated release quarters for their MP5. Many times they said it was going to be released.

I mean anything is possible. If it comes it comes. I'm not "Waiting" on anything.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:50:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By lil_Sig:

PSA kept giving updated release quarters for their MP5. Many times they said it was going to be released.

I mean anything is possible. If it comes it comes. I'm not "Waiting" on anything.
View Quote

I think, to agb's point, PSA saw what MKE was selling their guns for and thought maybe it'd be a waste of time to try competing with them.  They showed an MP5 looking PCC at shot, but I think if I remember right it was based on the Jackl.

MKE is cleaning house with their MP5s at the price point they're at.  I remember for years people wanted MP5s but didn't want to pay crazy money for a stamped sheet metal PCC, even if it is a great gun and nostalgic.  Now the average enthusiast who isn't made of money can afford a good quality MP5 for around $1,000 made on HK tooling with a cold hammer forged barrel.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 2:10:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By agb104983:

View Quote

Good points. I don’t know how these decisions are made. But, MKE has really knocked it out of the park with price and gun with their MP5 guns. I’ve got a HK and the AP and compared the two. Other than the writing and the finish, they are identical. Welds and sight line up. So I hope the 33 series MKE guns are of the same quality.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:15:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lil_Sig] [#8]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

I think, to agb's point, PSA saw what MKE was selling their guns for and thought maybe it'd be a waste of time to try competing with them.  They showed an MP5 looking PCC at shot, but I think if I remember right it was based on the Jackl.

MKE is cleaning house with their MP5s at the price point they're at.  I remember for years people wanted MP5s but didn't want to pay crazy money for a stamped sheet metal PCC, even if it is a great gun and nostalgic.  Now the average enthusiast who isn't made of money can afford a good quality MP5 for around $1,000 made on HK tooling with a cold hammer forged barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

Oh, there is no doubt it would be foolish for it now. With MKE's around $1100. However we were hearing back in 2018 that PSA said they were going to arrive in 2019. All before Covid supply chain issues.

Keep in mind that the street price of the MKE AP5 was $2,600 in 2021.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Oh, there is no doubt it would be foolish for it now. With MKE's around $1100. However we were hearing back in 2018 that PSA said they were going to arrive in 2019. All before Covid supply chain issues.

View Quote

Century trying to price gouge.  They quickly learned the better way.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:
FYI , There has been increased resitance from ATF to approve new pistol imports like these MKE models. Some applicaitons are being flat out denied while others are just being left in a state of limbo. This could be the cause of the slowdown in seeing these released for sale.
View Quote

This is what I expected from this administration.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#12]
FYI , There has been increased resitance from ATF to approve new pistol imports like these MKE models. Some applicaitons are being flat out denied while others are just being left in a state of limbo. This could be the cause of the slowdown in seeing these released for sale.
View Quote

I hope this doesn’t affect the FNC and MP-1 clone imports by PINDAD.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:28:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bulletboy5150] [#13]
Originally Posted By Shadyman:

View All Quotes

This is what I am also concerned about. The Pindad guys seem real sure about them being imported but I can't find any info on possible importer or status of them with ATF.

I have also been long awaiting MKE 33s as well so it almost feels like the same situation.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Importers should be suing the TAF when permits are not approved.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

It is the Dealers that set the "Street Price". Century Sets the MSRP.

Several Dealers are now selling AP5's below MSRP.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bulletboy5150:
This is what I am also concerned about. The Pindad guys seem real sure about them being imported but I can't find any info on possible importer or status of them with ATF.

I have also been long awaiting MKE 33s as well so it almost feels like the same situation.
View All Quotes

How would you?

I don't think ATF makes those public. Isn't it just a letter they send back to the applicant? (Or maybe several if ATF's FATD thinks it needs revisions prior to granting importation.)

So it'd be up to the applicant (or their business partner) to leak that info onto the net, right?

Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
I don't think they're allowed to.
It's all administrative by design.

But yeah it would sure be nice to grab an HK33k and the gun from Heat.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
How would you?

I don't think ATF makes those public. Isn't it just a letter they send back to the applicant? (Or maybe several if ATF's FATD thinks it needs revisions prior to granting importation.)

So it'd be up to the applicant (or their business partner) to leak that info onto the net, right?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:

How would you?

I guess my wording made it seem like I have some back channels, which I absolutely do not as AR15.com is my back channel
I was only saying I have not seen an importer named yet and just assuming there is not currently one yet?
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 7:27:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ATLANTIC-FIREARMS] [#18]
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 8:56:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bulletboy5150] [#19]
Looking for more info I came across this thread that has who appears to be Apex Gun Parts basically saying the imports are not gonna happen.
https://www.uzitalk.com/forums/index.php?threads/pindad-at-shot-show-2024-indonesian-fnc-imports.99855/

And further in that thread he posts this letter from a lawfirm discussing ATF reclassifying what they consider to be importable pistols, which seems to follow their attempted brace ban wording.
https://comms.wiley.law/8/3583/october-2020/alert--atf-interpretive-change-restricts-handgun-imports-and-may-require-nfa-registration(2).asp

Although this is about the FNC import I feel it's related to MKE 33 and 91 imports and possibly why we have not seen them yet.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Looking for more info I came across this thread that has who appears to be Apex Gun Parts basically saying the imports are not gonna happen.
https://www.uzitalk.com/forums/index.php?threads/pindad-at-shot-show-2024-indonesian-fnc-imports.99855/

And further in that thread he posts this letter from a lawfirm discussing ATF reclassifying what they consider to be importable pistols, which seems to follow their attempted brace ban wording.
https://comms.wiley.law/8/3583/october-2020/alert--atf-interpretive-change-restricts-handgun-imports-and-may-require-nfa-registration(2).asp

Although this is about the FNC import I feel it's related to MKE 33 and 91 imports and possibly why we have not seen them yet.
View Quote

The laws defined how small a rifle can be, but never set limits on how big a pistol can be.  Those adhering to the rule of law see this as we can import large pistols to the letter of the law.  The ATF would appear to be leveraging interpretations which has been challenged time and time again, yet they keep doing it.  The Sporting purposes aspect of GCA 68 and consequent importing to sporting standards should be challenged as it is rather obvious that the recent comprehensive interpretation of 2A is not the right to sport.

I'm so glad the same agency isn't reviewing importing medical devices and medicines with the same malleable legal boundaries.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:02:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SnprPSG1] [#21]
WE need more of these from ZENITH or PTR or Someone out there BUT AT A BETTER PRICE than the CRAZY PRICE LISTED.

Zenith Arms MKE Z43P Hk93 HK43 HK53 Clone

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1032407157
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:29:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#22]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:

The laws defined how small a rifle can be, but never set limits on how big a pistol can be.  Those adhering to the rule of law see this as we can import large pistols to the letter of the law.  The ATF would appear to be leveraging interpretations which has been challenged time and time again, yet they keep doing it.  The Sporting purposes aspect of GCA 68 and consequent importing to sporting standards should be challenged as it is rather obvious that the recent comprehensive interpretation of 2A is not the right to sport.

I'm so glad the same agency isn't reviewing importing medical devices and medicines with the same malleable legal boundaries.
View Quote

This.

If the ATF can be legally be challenged on their interpretation of bump stocks, FRT triggers, and braces, they damn sure can be for interpretations on what is a legal for importation.  It just takes the will to do so....and MONEY.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

This would also explain why my dealer friend who was making inquires on the pistol told me they were pushing parts harder than guns.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 1:03:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeMilligan] [#24]
Originally Posted By SnprPSG1:
WE need more of these from ZENITH or PTR or Someone out there.

Zenith Arms MKE Z43P Hk93 HK43 HK53 Clone

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1032407157
View Quote

That price is insane. One of these small outfits that can properly bend weld and finish could make a mint out of doing so with RCM parts and selling stripped “builders” guns without the stock, handguard, or trigger/grip frame.

Hk pattern accessories are common now and people are only buying Turk stuff because it’s cheap and GuD Enuf, sometimes. I know all the American manufacturers are in love with MLOK rails but they don’t have to provide a rail at all-just the bones at a price point that would lead buyers to buy a stripped US made version over Turk stuff. Even if it’s at a slight premium.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 1:57:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnprPSG1] [#25]
Originally Posted By MikeMilligan:

That price is insane. One of these small outfits that can properly bend weld and finish could make a mint out of doing so with RCM parts and selling stripped “builders” guns without the stock, handguard, or trigger/grip frame.

Hk pattern accessories are common now and people are only buying Turk stuff because it’s cheap and GuD Enuf, sometimes. I know all the American manufacturers are in love with MLOK rails but they don’t have to provide a rail at all-just the bones at a price point that would lead buyers to buy a stripped US made version over Turk stuff. Even if it’s at a slight premium.
View Quote

AGREED the PRICE is Crazy and I would NOT Pay that. I was NOT talking about the PRICE.

I am talking about is more of THOSE TYPE'S of Rifle's/Pistol's but at Reasonable Price Point from someone like PTR or another Manufacture here in the States.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Has anyone or an importer or distributor approached all these so called “pro Second Amendment” politicians we hear so much about to heel in the ATF? Or are they scared of the ATF? Or are the so called “pro Second Amendment” politicians just a bunch of liars and gun owners stupid?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

That law firm article is from 2020. It is old news and it did actually cause a panic over imports 4 years ago - when the brace rule was being worked on, while the "brace points" worksheet would have disqualified many pistols. It is not particularly relevant today and the ATF has always found arbitrary reasons to deny imports.

Apex is a known agitator trying to get attention and appear somewhat relevant to sell some overpriced parts kits.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like Zenith is making an interest list for their 33
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By WaMag:
Looks like Zenith is making an interest list for their 33
View Quote

Saw that, signed up but hopefully it’s not like their stock that takes forever and then is priced like an HK
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Somewhat related.  MKE is working on importing these so maybe we'll see some 43's imported also.

Turkey's Official Battle Rifle: The MPT 76 (f. Kaya of Classic Firearms)
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 3:00:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: N4KVE] [#32]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
MKE USA
View Quote

Guess who else is in the 561 area code? Century Arms, Congress Ave, Delray Beach, Florida. I’m sure MKE, & Century Arms share the same address. GARY
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
MKE USA
View Quote

Pretty sure those have been on there for awhile
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Has anyone or an importer or distributor approached all these so called "pro Second Amendment" politicians we hear so much about to heel in the ATF? Or are they scared of the ATF? Or are the so called "pro Second Amendment" politicians just a bunch of liars and gun owners stupid?
View Quote
Pro 2nd or not, I'm sure there aren't a lot of politicians who want to make a campaign out of championing for cheaper imports from places like Turkey and Pakistan.  Especially the ones receiving donations from US Manufacturers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:57:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnprPSG1] [#35]
Where are the T-94 SD's & T-43 H's listed on MKE USA's site at?

Century??

Bueller?  Bueller?  Bueller?

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS

Could you add some more detail here?  Say, reasons for the denial?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone hear any update in regards to the Surplus Portugese FMP G3 rifles built by PTR for Century hitting the market?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Any update on these?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:45:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ATLANTIC-FIREARMS] [#39]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Anyone hear any update in regards to the Surplus Portugese FMP G3 rifles built by PTR for Century hitting the market?

We are testing a few and so far they look and work great. The only thing we could see is each stock set could vary a bit in color or condition due to being surplus.
View Quote
Price?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#41]

We are testing a few and so far they look and work great. The only thing we could see is each stock set could vary a bit in color or condition due to being surplus.
View Quote

That's good news!

Any estimate when they will hit the market?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By bmwguy:

View Quote

These sounds like used "parts kit" builds, using U.S. made receivers and barrels, so not really an "import" per se.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Stahlgewehr762:

These sounds like used "parts kit" builds, using U.S. made receivers and barrels, so not really an "import" per se.
View Quote

Yep.   Still waiting on MKE -33 clone updates.  Looking less and less like its going to happen I fear.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Just received the email from Atlantic Firearms about the CA-3.

The website listed the CA-3 for sale.

Go get them guys.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:25:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EagleArmsHBAR] [#45]
When they said it was going to be cheap, I was thinking $699.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Its 2024.  $699 cheap for a quality rifle really does not exist any longer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Maybe it could’ve been if we didn’t have 20%+ inflation
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By bmwguy:

Just received the email from Atlantic Firearms about the CA-3.

The website listed the CA-3 for sale.

Go get them guys.
View Quote

Got a link because I can't seem to find them
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By awd_xtc:

View Quote

https://atlanticfirearms.com/century-arms-ca3-rifle
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By awd_xtc:
View Quote

https://atlanticfirearms.com/century-arms-ca3-rifle

Thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/CA3-Rifle/9-551491/?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top