BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 12:30:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

Was it 2024 for those?  I jumped around the video and when they were mentioning the HK416/417 clones she said those would be out late 2023 most likely.

...and yes, you guys read that right.  Zenith is making 416/417 clones as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dissident:

Per the hot Zenith spokeswoman, the soonest we'll see them are 2024.  That's some damn long pipeline.

Was it 2024 for those?  I jumped around the video and when they were mentioning the HK416/417 clones she said those would be out late 2023 most likely.

...and yes, you guys read that right.  Zenith is making 416/417 clones as well.

I was wondering! I kept staring at her and the ARs on the wall but she won
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:29:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep she said 2024 for the 33's. That accent made me sprung .
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
View Quote

Hopefully Century brings in MKE 33 and 33k before then. They are already being made in Turkey.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Shadyman:

Hopefully Century brings in MKE 33 and 33k before then. They are already being made in Turkey.
View All Quotes

And most likely imported as pistols, which an already hard sell is gonna be even harder with these stupid brace rules. I'm still in for probably two of each. One for the safe, one to shoot. Assuming they bring both full size and K variants of both calibers (7.62x51 and 5.56)
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
And most likely imported as pistols, which an already hard sell is gonna be even harder with these stupid brace rules. I'm still in for probably two of each. One for the safe, one to shoot. Assuming they bring both full size and K variants of both calibers (7.62x51 and 5.56)
View Quote
Not for the HK guns.  They just use an end cap for the pistol versions.  Braces don't need to factor into these.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Same here. I’ve got an HK93 already. I’m just blown away at GunBroker selling prices. Why no manufacturer hasn’t got into making a 33 gun, I just don’t understand.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jtb33:
Not for the HK guns.  They just use an end cap for the pistol versions.  Braces don't need to factor into these.
View Quote
I know what they use. What I'm saying is buyers may not be as quick to jump if they have to form 1 it to be within the current scope of the law to actually enjoy shooting it. Which now makes an already niche market, even more niche.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Same here. I've got an HK93 already. I'm just blown away at GunBroker selling prices. Why no manufacturer hasn't got into making a 33 gun, I just don't understand.
View All Quotes

Same here. I've got an HK93 already. I'm just blown away at GunBroker selling prices. Why no manufacturer hasn't got into making a 33 gun, I just don't understand.
Well we have PTR completely coming out of left field with a 41 clone that probably had about 1 request for every 5 they received for a 33 clone. Smh lol. I'm still gonna get one but damn that whole thing rubs me the wrong way. And then when it doesn't sell well, they're gonna be like "what you guys asked for a 556 roller gun and no one bought it"
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I know what they use. What I'm saying is buyers may not be as quick to jump if they have to form 1 it to be within the current scope of the law to actually enjoy shooting it. Which now makes an already niche market, even more niche.
View Quote
They'll come in as pistols, to avoid the import restrictions around rifles vs. pistols.

If the standard model is a pistol with a 16" barrel (or longer), once you buy it you could immediately add a stock and make it a title 1 rifle.  You would technically have to add enough US made parts as well for 922r, but no NFA registration or any of that.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:58:01 AM EDT
[#11]

I forgot about MKE USA.  It's possible that they might skip Century and distribute themselves like Zastava is doing now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 0351:

I forgot about MKE USA.  It's possible that they might skip Century and distribute themselves like Zastava is doing now.
View Quote

Given the runaway success of the AP5 series, they have every reason int he world to cut out the middle man and sell 33 clones themselves.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Exactly what I was thinking.  The one model/gun/item I was looking fwd to at SHOT, and nowhere to be found.  
View Quote

And I’ve been following these 33 threads across multiple forums and it’s universally wanted, the 33k. A lot!
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Why oh why is a Japanese animation guy (or gal) the first one post info on these from SHOTSHOW?
View All Quotes

He’s a member of a private shooter/collector’s discord I am on - we asked him to cover it for us when we learned he was attending SHOT. He graciously helped us out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Apec:

He’s a member of a private shooter/collector’s discord I am on - we asked him to cover it for us when we learned he was attending SHOT. He graciously helped us out.
View All Quotes

That's good thing.  My main point is why did we not see YouTube gun channels cover MKE at SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#21]

That's good thing.  My main point is why did we not see YouTube gun channels cover MKE at SHOT.
View All Quotes

Every dollar spent on imported guns is a dollar not spent on US made guns or foreign made guns with a large U.S. corporate footprint.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:37:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Apec] [#22]

View All Quotes

Because big name firearms journalism outfits/influencers would rather cover all the mil/LE only products from HK/FN/Sig that were already filmed/interviewed 87 times by other outlets.

To put it bluntly, most firearms magazines/blogs/influencers have uninteresting tastes beyond whatever is the flavor of the month.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:45:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Apec] [#23]
Originally Posted By MikeMilligan:

Every dollar spent on imported guns is a dollar not spent on US made guns or foreign made guns with a large U.S. corporate footprint.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MikeMilligan:

Imports are a good thing. If there were no imports, you wouldn’t have any choices today for semiautomatic rifles/PCCs besides AR15s and a couple of poorly made US copies of AKs, HKs, etc.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Apec:

Imports are a good thing. If there were no imports, you wouldn’t have any choices today for semiautomatic rifles/PCCs besides AR15s and a couple of poorly made US copies of AKs, HKs, etc.
View Quote

I know, my statement wasn’t anti-import.  It was an explanation of why the gun media types didn’t focus on these things.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 12:15:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Bump to keep this topic at the active.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Thought it worth posting here that AIM has MKE 33 mags in stock all of a sudden. At least I never noticed them before: https://aimsurplus.com/products/mke-223556-hk33-30rd-magazine-black?mc_cid=227e75eaf5&mc_eid=4bd2bb4ace
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Spade:
Thought it worth posting here that AIM has MKE 33 mags in stock all of a sudden. At least I never noticed them before: https://aimsurplus.com/products/mke-223556-hk33-30rd-magazine-black?mc_cid=227e75eaf5&mc_eid=4bd2bb4ace
View Quote

I think Century has been importing them from MKE for a little while.  Pretty hard for me to get excited about a $50 magazine.  I think GunMagWarehouse has the polymer ones for $35 as well.

I still think a full size 33 and shorty 53 are where MKE needs to start.

Smartest thing Zastava ever did was break up with Century.  MKE (and Cugir for that matter) need their own dedicated US partners.  Get a good start and brand recognition with Century, then move on.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Findsman:

I think Century has been importing them from MKE for a little while.  Pretty hard for me to get excited about a $50 magazine.  I think GunMagWarehouse has the polymer ones for $35 as well.

Smartest thing Zastava ever did was break up with Century.  MKE (and Cugir for that matter) need their own dedicated US partners.  Get a good start and brand recognition with Century, then move on.
View Quote

Yeah, a 53 is the only HK 5.56mm I'm interested in, really.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Would be cool!  An MKE/B&T partnership would be cool especially since B&T has a long track record of making stuff for HK weapon systems.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Would be cool!  An MKE/B&T partnership would be cool especially since B&T has a long track record of making stuff for HK weapon systems.
View All Quotes

I dunno, as soon as they slap a "B&T" importer mark on the side, that $1200 AP-5 will turn into a $3000 BT-5.  It also directly competes with their SPC, APC, and TP9 products.  I could have sworn B&T used to make an MP5 but it's not on their Swiss website.  

Actually, doing some digging, they did offer a B&T-96 in Europe that was a refinished MKE gun.  So they had some sort of prior relationship but I'm still not convinced that would be a consumer-friendly option.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#31]

I dunno, as soon as they slap a "B&T" importer mark on the side, that $1200 AP-5 will turn into a $3000 BT-5.  It also directly competes with their SPC, APC, and TP9 products.  I could have sworn B&T used to make an MP5 but it's not on their Swiss website.  

Actually, doing some digging, they did offer a B&T-96 in Europe that was a refinished MKE gun.  So they had some sort of prior relationship but I'm still not convinced that would be a consumer-friendly option.
View Quote

While MKE made parts are used in the BT96, the gun itself is not built by MKE.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:09:59 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

It looks like MKE is already taking that approach.

https://www.mkeusa.com/

https://www.mkeusa.com/en-US/catalogue/civilian-law-enforcement/26
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Atlantic firearms must have gotten a whopping two MKE MP5 A3 stocks in this shipment because they were gone the moment their notification email hit my inbox.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
Atlantic firearms must have gotten a whopping two MKE MP5 A3 stocks in this shipment because they were gone the moment their notification email hit my inbox.
View Quote
At least 200 based on the pictures of the crates they posted.  All gone in under 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Lame. There’s an obvious demand yet no real effort to bring more than a trickle in at a time. And I was on their page within 2 mins of receiving their email. Nada. Been waiting for these since back in sept or so when they were announced and I missed the first batch.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Lame. There’s an obvious demand yet no real effort to bring more than a trickle in at a time. And I was on their page within 2 mins of receiving their email. Nada. Been waiting for these since back in sept or so when they were announced and I missed the first batch.
View Quote

My guess is that Atlantic is at the mercy of MKE for these stocks.  They now they will sell and they are leaving sales on the table by not bringing in more.  I cant imagine that to be their business model.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:

My guess is that Atlantic is at the mercy of MKE for these stocks.  They now they will sell and they are leaving sales on the table by not bringing in more.  I cant imagine that to be their business model.
View Quote
Yep.

I guess if it would make everyone happier, Atlantic could always choose to raise the price closer to the $600+ the HK ones go for to meet the demand that they keep them in stock longer...
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:16:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#38]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Yep.

I guess if it would make everyone happier, Atlantic could always choose to raise the price closer to the $600+ the HK ones go for to meet the demand that they keep them in stock longer...
View Quote

I just went and bought another HK F stock instead. I wanted a classic A3 for the classic look but I’m tired of waiting for email notifications that show up after shit is sold out.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Same with the 223 Beryl rifle. Just a trickle at a time. Sell out in minutes. Yet US gun manufacturers say, “gee whiz by golly I got a great idea! Let’s make a mlok, railed out AR, that’s a winner!” Like the thousands of other manufacturers that sit for months in warehouses all over. Idiots.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:23:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ATLANTIC-FIREARMS] [#41]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Some straight bullshit the way some members are acting towards a respected dealer and industry partner.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Some straight bullshit the way some members are acting towards a respected dealer and industry partner.
View Quote

No need to white knight. It’s blatantly obvious the demand is there. If asking why they haven’t brought more into the country than they have is not a valid question then why are we on a discussion forum?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#44]

No need to white knight. It’s blatantly obvious the demand is there. If asking why they haven’t brought more into the country than they have is not a valid question then why are we on a discussion forum?
View Quote

Isn't the obvious answer that the reason they aren't bringing in more of an item with "obvious high demand" is that they can't get anymore? Or they don't like money?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By OHBuckeyes:

Isn't the obvious answer that the reason they aren't bringing in more of an item with "obvious high demand" is that they can't get anymore? Or they don't like money?
View Quote

Let’s not think logically. It’s easier to whine and cry.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:11:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: osprey21] [#46]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks Atlantic, I know you’re trying. But tell MKE that be prepared for a huge mega demand for the 33k pistol and 33 rifle. They will sell out, so they need a minimum of 50k units I’d estimate first shipment.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:12:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:

I doubt the demand will be that high especially IF we see a retail price tag of $1500 -$1900 bucks. We sold the Zenith line of Z93 firearms and they sold @ a snails pace. The average Joe 6 pack can pick up a solid 223/556 rifle for 500 -600 bucks right now so the only appeal to the 93 series would be dedicated hardcore roller lock shooters and that is a limited number of buyers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:
Thanks Atlantic, I know you're trying. But tell MKE that be prepared for a huge mega demand for the 33k pistol and 33 rifle. They will sell out, so they need a minimum of 50k units I'd estimate first shipment.

I doubt the demand will be that high especially IF we see a retail price tag of $1500 -$1900 bucks. We sold the Zenith line of Z93 firearms and they sold @ a snails pace. The average Joe 6 pack can pick up a solid 223/556 rifle for 500 -600 bucks right now so the only appeal to the 93 series would be dedicated hardcore roller lock shooters and that is a limited number of buyers.
I'd be in for two or three at that price.  I'm average Joe, no 6 pack.  But I agree with you, that market is very very small.  Just hope they finally bring them in.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top