User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:
My Obsidian 9 was delivered today.
Looks like 3/7 to 4/11 total time.
Not too bad. Also shoutout to CA CS. I emailed asking if I could pay for one of the "oven mits" and have it added to my shipment, they threw it in no charge.
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Hot damn!! Got the approval email a couple hours ago, a little over 72hrs!
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Just placed order for Polonium K

4.11.24 @  6:52pm EST

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
Just placed order for Polonium K

4.11.24 @  6:52pm EST

View Quote

Sweet! The process is so easy you’ll be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner, then you’ll be eyeballing the website every day for the next purchase.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Purchase made.  Profile and prints are uploaded last week.  I’m assuming I’m just waiting for the form 3 to clear and they will ship it then?  I figured I would have to sign something before the form 3 like SilencerShop does.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#6]
First purchase with capitol armory. Once I submitted my prints it was less than 24hrs between each step and less than 20min hold time to certify yesterday. Did as a trust, will see how long the wait is.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:45:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#7]
Originally Posted By monkeypunch:
My Jolene showed up today!! Found our CAs local FFL is like 5 miles from my house. (Can I just pick it up there next time?? UPS scares me!)

My scale says the Jolene is 11.78oz. Can't wait to compare it to my Nomad L on the 6 Creedmoor.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/272212/1000005929-3183451.jpg
View Quote

Just looked on my form 4 and the local ffl CA uses is the local gun shop I buy from. They must have multiple dealers in every state, I don’t live in a big town. I’ll have to ask if I can pick it up directly.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm on my 3rd suppressor from Capitol.  The first one I certified on 03/18, it was delivered today.  Less than one month form submitted, to delivery.  

I certified two yesterday.  Got one approved about 30 minuted ago.  28 hours, almost to the minute.  Still waiting for anything on #2.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#9]
CA, it seems like y’all may be making this CLEO thing a bigger deal than it needs to be. Earlier this year I selected an attorney general CLEO and it was good. But just now y’all rejected a 4473 for using the AG for CLEO.

What should we use? Sheriff, chief of police?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
CA, it seems like y’all may be making this CLEO thing a bigger deal than it needs to be. Earlier this year I selected an attorney general CLEO and it was good. But just now y’all rejected a 4473 for using the AG for CLEO.

What should we use? Sheriff, chief of police?
View Quote

It’s the ATF, not CA. Read back a page or two or three.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By cardboardkiller:

View Quote

Just did.

So why have it in the drop down box if it’s not an acceptable answer?

Or, unless I missed it, notify the buyer in email when it’s time to 4473 that they should be selecting CoP or Sheriff.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Just did.

Or, unless I missed it, notify the buyer in email when it’s time to 4473 that they should be selecting CoP or Sheriff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Just did.

It seems like it’s an ambiguous “rule” that may have just changed and could vary from state to state. I just use my counties sheriff and haven’t had an issue.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:27:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cardboardkiller] [#13]

Just did.

View Quote

They have to go through every state and purge the wrong the wrong answers for each county. Not exactly a just a click or two of the mouse. You also have all the wrong answers that keep getting put in on a daily basis.

I’ve done a fair bit of database management. It ain’t easy when you have people constantly fucking up the database. There’s potentially thousands of people fucking up CA’s database on a weekly basis. Garbage in. Garbage out.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:40:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: networkguru] [#14]
Hopefully my 4473 CLEO works.
I chose my county.
It was an option that exactly matched the county sheriff website address I was already looking at.
There wasnt any option for my actual city and I didnt want to guess since I have never had to make a choice.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#15]

They have to go through every state and purge the wrong the wrong answers for each county. Not exactly a just a click or two of the mouse. You also have all the wrong answers that keep getting put in on a daily basis.

I’ve done a fair bit of database management. It ain’t easy when you have people constantly fucking up the database. There’s potentially thousands of people fucking up CA’s database on a weekly basis. Garbage in. Garbage out.
View Quote

I get it. But they just said sheriff or chief. How hard would it be to just remove the AG for all 50 states?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:21:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: prebans] [#16]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Has anyone had multiple items outstanding on DIFFERENT trusts? I noticed (belatedly) that all my info seems tied to the per-item trust I’ve got for the can in progress. Just curious if there would be any hiccups starting another one with a different (also per-item) trust so looking for any BTDTs.

TIA!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:23:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: prebans] [#18]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#19]
CLEO accepted!  Expected to have the tracking number around the 17th.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:14:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: prebans] [#20]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Since this has been a long running thread of mostly praise, I decided to give it a whirl for a DL7 from Griffin/Capitol Armory.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:30:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gypsyman] [#22]
My first three cans were through Capitol Armory. Two received and one still pending approval. Smooth as glass transaction. Only time missed at work was the afternoon when the first two were delivered. Always prompt replies to my questions with one hiccup. One of my two Surefire RC-2 cans had a bad locking mechanism right out of the box after a very long wait. Emailed Capitol Armory about the issue and never heard back from anyone. Contacted Surefire and had a warranty return label within the hour. 3 weeks to repair and return to me. All is good now.

I have five more that I ordered. Three through Hansohn Brothers and two from Rex Silentium. After two months all five are finally at the local Silencer Shop dealer and ready to certify. Went over there this morning and that's where thing went sideways. After two hours I was only able to certify 3 of the 5 cans. The SS website kept showing errors and finally required a password confirmation that was sent to the dealers manager who was unavailable. Right out of the gate I'm out 3 hours at work. The dealer asked me to come back and try tomorrow. Wednesday is designated as a possible "maintenance" day by the ATF so there is no guarantee that I will be able to complete them when I arrive which could mean a 3rd trip back just to certify. More time lost at work. And finally I could be looking at anywhere from 1-5 trips back to get the cans if they are not batch approved. Quite the PITA compared to the CA experience.

The time lost at work would probably have covered the higher transfer cost of running them through CA. The local dealer is doing their best but I will never use Silencer Shop again.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:46:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyeore1966] [#24]
ETA Never mind wrong can but still approved.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TexCorriente:
Well I am not off to a great start with the process. I ordered back in November, and yesterday got a rejection notice because the ATF agent misinterpreted terminology on the form, as relayed to me by Capitol. Honestly, I am not knowledgeable enough to review everything and conclusively determine where the fault lies, but I presume it is on the ATF.

Pretty frustrating, considering that the suppressor I've ordered has since been on sale for a whole lot less than I paid, and I am seeing all of these recent approvals processing in less than a week in some cases.

Now on hold with Capitol waiting to begin the process all over again. Pretty good kick in the nuts to start the week. Perhaps there is some sort of escalation or expediting Capitol can do, but I'm not holding out much hope that I'll see the can by Fall if prior performance is any indication.
View Quote

Could be a blessing in disguise. It doesn’t appear the ATF is doing fifo, people that were in the process in the “long wait times” aren’t being bumped to the first of the cue, while new submissions are taking only a couple days. Having to restart the process may get it to you quicker than if there was never a rejection to begin with.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By TexCorriente:
Well I am not off to a great start with the process. I ordered back in November, and yesterday got a rejection notice because the ATF agent misinterpreted terminology on the form, as relayed to me by Capitol. Honestly, I am not knowledgeable enough to review everything and conclusively determine where the fault lies, but I presume it is on the ATF.

Pretty frustrating, considering that the suppressor I've ordered has since been on sale for a whole lot less than I paid, and I am seeing all of these recent approvals processing in less than a week in some cases.

Now on hold with Capitol waiting to begin the process all over again. Pretty good kick in the nuts to start the week. Perhaps there is some sort of escalation or expediting Capitol can do, but I'm not holding out much hope that I'll see the can by Fall if prior performance is any indication.
View Quote

Any further details on what the misinterpreted terminology was?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Certified the Form 4 on 4/8, got an approval 4/11, filled out the 4473 info 4/12, email from CA today saying the CLEO notification went out. So far so good.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#29]
just ordered a Fat cat for my 11.5 , so that puts me 3 out waiting. was thinking this one might cause a batch on the other 2 that are at 28 days. thats the only thing I can say about this fast turn around times once you end up with one in a day you want it that way all the time. I used to think 90 days was great.

had my doc sign in 1 hour at night so impressive

CA will you be increasing your stock on hand ..
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:56:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:12:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Sierra5:
Is it normal to not hear anything on the CLEO 4473 notification for 10 days?
View Quote

Did you get the 4473 Sent to CLEO email 10 days ago or the Form 4 Approval email?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:17:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:29:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#33]

Sent to Cleo but nothing saying they signed for it yet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jeepsnguns81:

Did you get the 4473 Sent to CLEO email 10 days ago or the Form 4 Approval email?

Reading through the thread it seems to vary by location, some people report it taking quite a while. Is your CLEO one of the good guys or a communist?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:05:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:24:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Reading through the thread it seems to vary by location, some people report it taking quite a while. Is your CLEO one of the good guys or a communist?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mblades:
Originally Posted By Jeepsnguns81:

Unfortunately it depends a lot on USPS. Even if your CLEO refuses it, that still counts as notification.

10. Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 922(c)(3), 27 CFR 478.96(b), and 27 CFR 478.124(f), the licensee must delay shipment or delivery of the firearm for at least seven days following receipt by the licensee of either the return receipt evidencing delivery of the copy of the Form 4473 to the CLEO, or the return of the copy of the Form 4473 to the licensee due to refusal of the CLEO to accept the same in accordance with U.S. Postal Service regulations;
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:12:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#36]
View Quote

Joshua did say somewhere in this thread that sometimes they have to resend it due to USPS FUps. I'd wait another few days, then call CA and see if maybe they can track it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#38]
just certified my 4th this month. never thought I would do 4 cans in a month . ... time to wait
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Mine was over 3 weeks before it cleared that part
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:31:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#40]
Got my first can today from Griffin through CA:

Purchased: 3/6
Received by CA: 3/7
Eform submitted: 3/8
Approved/4473 signed: 3/27
CLEO sent: 4/1
CLEO received: 4/8
Shipped: 4/15
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:45:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#41]
3/27 - Ordered can from Griffin via Griffin's website
3/28 - Initial emails received from Cap Armory
4/1 - Completed CA instructions (create a profile etc) and mailed fingerprints, paid tax stamp
4/2 - Received package from Griffin (non-NFA items included with the suppressor purchase like the taper mount)
4/6 - Received email from CA to sign Form 4, completed same day
4/7 - Received email from CA to certify Form 4 submission, completed 4/8
4/10 - Form 4 approved and 4473 submitted

4/17 - 4473 received by CLEO 7 day countdown begins.  Email said it should ship 4/24 that's going to be real close to exactly 1 month from order to receipt
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:05:43 AM EDT
[#43]
@Joshua_CapitolArmory

If I want to purchase a suppressor you don't offer from a dealer other than Capitol, will you accept it in a form 3 to handle the transfer and ship to my door for a fee? If so, what's the fee and how do you arrange for the transfer service?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:22:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
@Joshua_CapitolArmory

If I want to purchase a suppressor you don't offer from a dealer other than Capitol, will you accept it in a form 3 to handle the transfer and ship to my door for a fee? If so, what's the fee and how do you arrange for the transfer service?
View Quote
Great question!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Well I got got a batch approval, 2 individual suppressors one from CA, and 2 from my trust from Dec 2023. They have only been a few weeks on the two individual ones.

I guess I get to make a trip to the gun shop as the 3 are waiting there for me.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#46]
@Joshua_CapitolArmory

Will you be able to ship to Vermont customers eventually?

Sorry if it's already been addressed. I skimmed through the thread but didn't read every post.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Capitol Armory ordered placed on 3/20/2024 and arrived on my doorstep today 4/18, impressive! They were super easy to work with and now that they have my prints and info on file I'm sure the next one will be even quicker. Highly recommend.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top