Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked C&R deals IN STOCK NOW! (Page 6 of 13)
Page / 13
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
+1 to call them. I don't own a CZ-82 but sounds like you just got them from Aim? They will take care of you. Unfortunately, they don't have anymore in stock.. SO, you probably wont get a replacement.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shadycoh:
I would call the vendor and ask them to take care of it. Unless you bought gunsmith specials the seller should work it out with you, If it was AIM they usualy make it right.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shadycoh:
I would call the vendor and ask them to take care of it. Unless you bought gunsmith specials the seller should work it out with you, If it was AIM they usualy make it right.

Originally Posted By gunman9:
Originally Posted By djryan13:
OK.. I don't need another K31.. but I couldn't help myself. Fantastic:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=3215&name=SELECT+Grade+Swiss+K31+7.5X55+Karabiner+Rifle

I called. They are not refinished... Just the best of the rifles they have been getting over the last few months.

I figure since they are selling the unserialized bayo for $80 and sling/muzzle cap for $15, then essentially you are paying for the best K31 you can probably get for $85 over their normal price. Worth it to me.
My current K31 is beat and ugly. A friend sold it to me (at a good price though). It shoots amazing. I will keep shooting that one. This new one will be my treasured collector piece. I need to now step away from the keyboard since I spent too much lately.

I just seen these and I ordered the k31 with beechwood stock yesterday. I just can't see paying that much..... Just me they are really nice in the picture though. I did get my 2 shooter grade cz82. The nicest one is broke. The slide release lever falls out. And a small spring fell out as well. The trigger guard is fit incorrectly and when you depress the slide release and the slide closes the trigger guard drops out of place. Is there a solution for this problem or should I send it back?

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 7:09:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunman9] [#2]
Ya I sent them a video of the issue. I think I'll order a spring replacement kit for it and see if that fixes the issue. But it might go back.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 9:48:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok so what is everyone's must have C&R guns to get before the prices rise on them or they dry up?
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok so what is everyone's must have C&R guns to get before the prices rise on them or they dry up?
View Quote

K31
CMP Garand
Mosin Sniper (If another reasonably priced shipment comes in.)
Mosin (Already went up significantly over the past 2 years.)
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I want a k31...Only places Ive seen are AIM and simpson LTD..Whos got the best deal?
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

You may want to create a whole thread for this one.. But I will say what I have learned in the few years I have been collecting.. buy when Aim or some of the bigger surplus places have them in stock. I have noticed that many guns come in waves. I was looking for a K31 for 2 years.. prices on gunbroker were outrageous. There were none to be had online. I finally bought an ugly great shooter from a friend...

Within the last year, the market was flooded with Swiss rifles. Basically, it seems they come in waves. I don't know who really knows how many of anything is left out there.

If you don't own a CMP Garand, get one ASAP. My favorite C&R due to history.

K31's are cheap as they ever will be (Aimsurplus). Great shooters.. arguably the most accurate combination of surplus ammo/C&R rifle.

Seems you missed the K98's.. you can get the scrubbed K98 from J&G... good shooters.. not as historical depending what you consider history.

Mosins... meh.. I like shooting my M38, but the rest are a PITA. I own a bunch cause I got them cheap. Who knows if they are coming back down in price. If they don't, I won't cry.

For pistols: to me, most available in mass are junk eastern block/russian crap. I own almost one of each..  Why? Cause why not. Would I stock up on any? Nah..

Really, you need to decide why you are collecting.. I started cause I love WWII history. I wanted a rifle and pistol from each of the major players. I went overboard on that. I then watched Ken Burns Civil War documentary and caught myself buying a Colt 1860 Army revolver. Stupid Netflix...

Good luck!

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By dnmccoy:
I want a k31...Only places Ive seen are AIM and simpson LTD..Whos got the best deal?
View Quote

Simpson's has a really small import mark that is almost non-existent, plus you can pick out the exact rifle you want.  Both have amazing customer service.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Being in Ohio, I pay sales tax on AIM, so its almost a wash
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:19:34 PM EDT
[#9]

You may want to create a whole thread for this one.. But I will say what I have learned in the few years I have been collecting.. buy when Aim or some of the bigger surplus places have them in stock. I have noticed that many guns come in waves. I was looking for a K31 for 2 years.. prices on gunbroker were outrageous. There were none to be had online. I finally bought an ugly great shooter from a friend...

Within the last year, the market was flooded with Swiss rifles. Basically, it seems they come in waves. I don't know who really knows how many of anything is left out there.

K31's are cheap as they ever will be (Aimsurplus). Great shooters.. arguably the most accurate combination of surplus ammo/C&R rifle.

Seems you missed the K98's.. you can get the scrubbed K98 from J&G... good shooters.. not as historical depending what you consider history.

Mosins... meh.. I like shooting my M38, but the rest are a PITA. I own a bunch cause I got them cheap. Who knows if they are coming back down in price. If they don't, I won't cry.

For pistols: to me, most available in mass are junk eastern block/russian crap. I own almost one of each..  Why? Cause why not. Would I stock up on any? Nah..

Really, you need to decide why you are collecting.. I started cause I love WWII history. I wanted a rifle and pistol from each of the major players. I went overboard on that. I then watched Ken Burns Civil War documentary and caught myself buying a Colt 1860 Army revolver. Stupid Netflix...

Good luck!

View All Quotes

Good luck!

Iv always wanted a garand but I heard you can't use modern 30-06 ammo in them without adding the gas regulator? Right now my C&R collection consist of:
Polish tokarev
Romanian tokarev
Mosins and Mosin variants
Polish p64
Cz82
Swiss k31
Nagant revolver
Sks

Mainly all the surplus guns you can find online. I buy them not for their looks but for the history of the gun and the story it could tell. Trench art always captivates me because it makes you think the hell someone could of been going through or maybe they were bored as hell standing watch lol I love history as well so that plays a big part in it to. Plus who doesn't love having a gun shipped to their door, opening the box, and with C&R guns it's like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get lol
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:23:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Iv always wanted a garand but I heard you can't use modern 30-06 ammo in them without adding the gas regulator? Right now my C&R collection consist of:
Polish tokarev
Romanian tokarev
Polish p64
Cz82
Swiss k31
Nagant revolver
Sks

Mainly all the surplus guns you can find online. I buy them not for their looks but for the history of the gun and the story it could tell. Trench art always captivates me because it makes you think the hell someone could of been going through or maybe they were bored as hell standing watch lol I love history as well so that plays a big part in it to. Plus who doesn't love having a gun shipped to their door, opening the box, and with C&R guns it's like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get lol
View Quote

Pfft. You need a M1!

With as much HXP ammo as the CMP has, I buy and reload it. If you must have modern ammo, the PPU is actually cheaper than HXP from the CMP
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Pfft. You need a M1!

With as much HXP ammo as the CMP has, I buy and reload it. If you must have modern ammo, the PPU is actually cheaper than HXP from the CMP
View All Quotes

Polish tokarev
Romanian tokarev
Polish p64
Cz82
Swiss k31
Nagant revolver
Sks

Pfft. You need a M1!

How do you get a m1 from CMP. You obviously have to join. At the $670 model good?
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:43:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bsmith918] [#12]
There isn't a $670 model.  There is a $630 field grade and $730 service grade.  Go with the $730 service grade.  You will get a rifle worth at least $730 and possible one that is worth quite a bit more.  With that said, it is a crap shoot on what you will get with either a field grade or service grade, in regards to the condition of the metal and wood.   It is a gamble with the worst case scenario being that you get a rifle worth more than you paid.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:04:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Eligibility requirements for the CMP

Its pretty painless, a few small hoops then its all down hill. Ive scored really nice field and service grades. You cant stop with just 1!
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:45:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Its pretty painless, a few small hoops then its all down hill. Ive scored really nice field and service grades. You cant stop with just 1!
View Quote

I remember when a CMP service grade was $325.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Gunman9,  I run a screw-in Ported Gas Plug from a place called Garandgear(they are on the web) to shoot modern 30-06 in a Garand.  No adjustment necessary, no venting of gases, screw it in and forget it.  It's nice to have the option of shooting off the shelf 30-06 but 80% of what I shoot is the Privi, I found the HXP to be hot while shooting it in a 1903a3 so I skip it now.  That screw in plug was around $30 IIRC several years ago, WELL worth it.

OP, by all means pick up a M1 Garand, just a great gun, accurate, robust, light recoiling and a ton of history.  A great foundational gun and you will have no regrets.  There are other options besides the CMP, try a search and you will find tons of guns for sale on the Web.   Places I watch and have purchased from before are DuPage Trading and Collectors Firearms, that CF website is just a great place to check out for any milsurp and their walk in store is like a museum.  Or watch the Equipment Exchange boards on this site, a great resource.

A gun I've been enamored by and do not yet own is the Swedish Mauser or a Swedish Ljungman.  This will likely be my next milsurp purchase.  

Or maybe an M1 Carbine, or maybe a SKS, or a 1917 Enfield, or maybe a SMLE Lee-Enfield, argh....  LOL

Hking

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:00:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gunman9] [#16]

View Quote

Ok so if I read this right I already have everything to join.

I'm a member of the DAV
Service Commected Disabled Veteran
I have marksmanship training and a C&R license
I of age and legally can own firearms
And I'm a God fearing American that bleeds red, white, and blue.

Now this is how an application is supposed to look!!

Sound about right?
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:12:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: djryan13] [#17]

I'm a member of the DAV

Sound about right?
View All Quotes

I'm a member of the DAV

Sound about right?

Sounds right but you forgot that even us good souls need to have a notary.

It's a lovely drive from VA to Alabama if you take the right roads. You could always go pick one out at the store in Anniston. Hopefully, their stock has improved. When I was their for their class last year, I left with 3.

EDIT: Write this on a sticky note on your order form: "If possible, please send a WWII era receiver with matching year barrel on GI stock. Thanks!"... Put the serial number range too as that helps. They don't officially say they accept requests... But I have never been disappointed.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#18]
From reading the store reports on the CMP forums, don't waste your time driving.  The stores have both been pretty much completely empty with only a few sporadically making it to the shelves and those are almost always field grades.  Also, I took the class last year too.  It was great and they had more than 3 FG Garands on the shelves both days I stopped by the class.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By bsmith918:
From reading the store reports on the CMP forums, don't waste your time driving.  The stores have both been pretty much completely empty with only a few sporadically making it to the shelves and those are almost always field grades.  Also, I took the class last year too.  It was great and they had more than 3 FG Garands on the shelves both days I stopped by the class.
View Quote

It is likely hit or miss. But keep in mind a "hand picked" (by you) field grade can be more valuable (to you) than a service grade picked by CMP. I got a great Springfield field grade last year with matching 44 barrel with very good muzzle and throat. Only difference between it and my service grades is the finish. Personally, I like the finish better on my field since it is more original as the service grades use mostly or all re-park'ed parts.

At the store, I also found a M1D that someone had hidden in the rack with the Drill rifles. Poor guy probably wanted to come back for it when his wife wasnt looking but I snatched it really quick. Old receiver with excellent Korean era barrel.

They also had a handful of service, M1Cs, etc. I am guessing it has gotten better since people have calmed down a bit. I and 2 friends ordered a couple service grades late last year. All shipped within a couple weeks of order so they are noy all that behind.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 11:13:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bsmith918] [#20]

It is likely hit or miss. But keep in mind a "hand picked" (by you) field grade can be more valuable (to you) than a service grade picked by CMP. I got a great Springfield field grade last year with matching 44 barrel with very good muzzle and throat. Only difference between it and my service grades is the finish. Personally, I like the finish better on my field since it is more original as the service grades use mostly or all re-park'ed parts.

At the store, I also found a M1D that someone had hidden in the rack with the Drill rifles. Poor guy probably wanted to come back for it when his wife wasnt looking but I snatched it really quick. Old receiver with excellent Korean era barrel.

They also had a handful of service, M1Cs, etc. I am guessing it has gotten better since people have calmed down a bit. I and 2 friends ordered a couple service grades late last year. All shipped within a couple weeks of order so they are noy all that behind.
View All Quotes

I would agree with you about the hand picked idea, but that doesn't help if there are 5 rifles and 15 people waiting for them.  Both of my hand selected FG rifles were great for FG's, but the reports lately state that there really isn't anything in the store other than the CMP Specials.  Even my worst SG through the mail has been a great rifle and I have ordered more than just a handful.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#21]

I would agree with you about the hand picked idea, but that doesn't help if there are 5 rifles and 15 people waiting for them.  Both of my hand selected FG rifles were great for FG's, but the reports lately state that there really isn't anything in the store other than the CMP Specials.  Even my worst SG through the mail has been a great rifle and I have ordered more than just a handful.
View All Quotes

Just sent my order in for a Service Grade M1 Garand. Asked for the matching WW2 receiver and barrel and GI stock. Has anyone got one recently and what was the turn around time?
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#22]
For christ's sake take this to the M1 forum. This is for new c&r deals
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Mavs1306:
For christ's sake take this to the M1 forum. This is for new c&r deals
View Quote

Here ya go Mavs1306 heres ya an in stock deal.... now settle down.

Nagant Revolvers, Star Model B, and Yugo M48

https://rguns.net/shop/category/firearms-cr-rifles-and-handguns/
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Gunman,
RE: RGUNS: I called rguns last week.. No cool german markings on those Star Model B's even though they are advertising them as German WWII era. Researching them indicates the only difference is serial number range or something like that. Not worth it to me.
RE: CMP.. my turn around time last fall was only a couple weeks before CC was billed then it sat in "shipping" for a wk or two.

Mavs,
M1 Garands are one of the best C&R rifles available.. It may have a separate forum cause it's cool but I don't see what your problem with discussing it is.. Not like we are seeing a lot of C&R stuff coming down the pipe...Not a like anyone is filling this thread with useful info lately.

All,
I emailed Century to find out when/if they are ever getting any C&R stuff again... they currently have one crappy swiss rifle listed. Here is their response:
"There isn't any set protocol for when or how many c&r eligible firearms we purchase and receive. I would continue to monitor the website for new orders."

meh...
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#25]

I emailed Century to find out when/if they are ever getting any C&R stuff again... they currently have one crappy swiss rifle listed. Here is their response:
"There isn't any set protocol for when or how many c&r eligible firearms we purchase and receive. I would continue to monitor the website for new orders."

meh...
View Quote

Ha that was a predictable response.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By _DR:

View All Quotes

meh...

What do you expect?  'Yeah, we're negotiating with Hungary for a batch of 2000 pristine k98's that they forgot in a warehouse..."  At which point every other importer in the US goes after it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 5:58:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#27]
Originally Posted By R2point0:

What do you expect?  'Yeah, we're negotiating with Hungary for a batch of 2000 pristine k98's that they forgot in a warehouse..."  At which point every other importer in the US goes after it.
View All Quotes

meh...

Sarco always just says "we found these in a corner of our warehouse".

I would love to be a C&R importer.  Traveling the world looking for old arms warehouses to buy up.  I wonder how hard it is to get an exporter's license and what is required to store the guns before selling as an 01.  Where would you even start looking.

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

meh...

My question wasnt actually just "where are all your C&Rs?" It was more along the lines of whether they were getting out of the business since I just renewed and needed to send out my new form. I just wasnt sure since sometimes when a business stops buying a product line, they are winding it down. I wasnt specifically asking if they were getting some hidden stash of K98s.. while how wonderful that would be.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I've said numerous times I'd love to read an article or see a documentary on a c&r gun hunter overseas.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I've said numerous times I'd love to read an article or see a documentary on a c&r gun hunter overseas.
View Quote

Yeah, I hate reality shows, but that's one I would like to see.

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

the antagonist is played by one of Obama's minions...
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Wideners has P38s for 495 shipped. I have 1 already but its not great. May give it to brother. $495 is not great but not a lot of options.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Wideners has P38s for 495 shipped. I have 1 already but its not great. May give it to brother. $495 is not great but not a lot of options.
View Quote

Ordered 10!  Thanks for this glowing recommendation!

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TheDevilYouLove:

View All Quotes

To clarify, the one I got came from elsewhere years ago. I have no review of these. I ordered 2 and will report when they come.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#35]

To clarify, the one I got came from elsewhere years ago. I have no review of these. I ordered 2 and will report when they come.
View All Quotes

These days, $495 is not bad.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

I was just messing around, thanks for posting the info.  I actually don't have much of an interest in P38s.  Right now I wouldn't mind locating a fairly priced old Colt Police Positive revolver (or some other old Colt sixgun).
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#37]

I was just messing around, thanks for posting the info.  I actually don't have much of an interest in P38s.  Right now I wouldn't mind locating a fairly priced old Colt Police Positive revolver (or some other old Colt sixgun).
View All Quotes

I saw a lot of those on GB while looking for a pistol for my mom. Whats a fair price for a Colt PP?

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Don't know anything about Colt PP's... I noticed this one at SOGthough..
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

I love C&R guns and am a C&R guy, but sometimes I scratch my head at the prices C&R guns sell for.  I'd love to have that old Colt, but I can buy a brand new HK semi-auto for the $1,000 SOG is asking for it.  My grandfather had a Nylon 66 in Apache Black that got out of the family 15 years ago.  I searched GunBroker just today to see about getting one for myself, and could not believe they were selling for $500.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

I love C&R guns and am a C&R guy, but sometimes I scratch my head at the prices C&R guns sell for.  I'd love to have that old Colt, but I can buy a brand new HK semi-auto for the $1,000 SOG is asking for it.  My grandfather had a Nylon 66 in Apache Black that got out of the family 15 years ago.  I searched GunBroker just today to see about getting one for myself, and could not believe they were selling for $500.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:56:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Can anyone tell if those P38s that Wideners has are RCs?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:51:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By nolan7120:
View Quote

Call them, but I'm sure they will be RC pistols.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#43]
[b]Originally Posted
RC pistols.
View Quote

Ricky Carmichael?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By dwcopple:

Ricky Carmichael?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dwcopple:
Originally Posted
RC pistols.

Ricky Carmichael?

Russian Capture.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:
Originally Posted By nolan7120:

They are. Mismatched, as most RCs are but nice condition and the import stamp is in an inconspicuous place (grip frame).
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 1:27:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDevilYouLove] [#46]
Looks like Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore has a really nice batch of P64s in stock BUT they don't deal with C&R folks, so these would have to go to an FFL (which kills the deal for me).  Two mags and a holster for $220.

El Linko
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Looks like Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore has a really nice batch of P64s in stock BUT they don't deal with C&R folks, so these would have to go to an FFL (which kills the deal for me).  Two mags and a holster for $220.

El Linko
View Quote

I saw these the other day.. Almost a good deal if they accepted CR. But what worried me is the lack of good supportive condition description. "may have scratches and holster wear". That is the same description of almost every gun in my collection from the worst to best.. meh..
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:21:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDevilYouLove] [#48]
There's a really nice Japanese Paratrooper in the EE.  Someone needs to buy this beauty!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_131/1444314_WTS__Arisaka_Type_2_Paratrooper___Matching.html

It's not mine and I'm totally unaffiliated with the seller in any way, just passing this along since you don't see Japanese paratroopers everyday!
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Yeah I saw that. My missing link for my ww2 japanese collection.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Firefly79:
Yeah I saw that. My missing link for my ww2 japanese collection.
View Quote

I don't have much of a Japanese collection, but I would kill to have a Paratrooper.
Page / 13
Tacked C&R deals IN STOCK NOW! (Page 6 of 13)
Top Top