Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 115 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 12:11:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CTran555:
While I agree they're probably not better/quicker than a QD cup setup, my main (and really only) complaint about the PMM QD cups is that they're not very low profile. At least the front one anyways. Not a knock on the PMM. I like them but it's just a limitation on the design as it can't sit below the face of the receiver and must be deep enough to accommodate a QD swivel.
View Quote

What issues does that cause for you? It's not really an issue for me but I also have a charge handle and a Surefire all sticking out on that side.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 1:10:36 AM EDT
[#2]
It doesn't really cause me any issues, I just prefer my guns to be more streamlined.  Like I said before, it's a good product.  Just may not be my preference.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#3]
You cant fold the stock closed using the QD socket on the right side, which is a complete deal breaker.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

Most folks will steer you clear of AAC.
View Quote

If I could go back I would have done a Tirant over the Octane.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The TiRants first round pop suppression is unmatched. Overall sound reduction is one of if not the best. There are other more versatile cans, however.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked up a Burris Fastfire III for the CZ. Pulled the factory sights and liking the clean FOV. What are some good ultra-low profile folding sights?
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 20iner:
I picked up a Burris Fastfire III for the CZ. Pulled the factory sights and liking the clean FOV. What are some good ultra-low profile folding sights?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2016 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Spikes has a very lopro set
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Hated the original design on that stock. Love that you listened to us I will be buying one now just let me know when they will be ready
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 10:25:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By robertmegar:

The TiRants first round pop suppression is unmatched. Overall sound reduction is one of if not the best. There are other more versatile cans, however.
View All Quotes

I bought a TiRant 9 last year for $350 on sale! I'm pretty happy with it, although, now I need a 45 cal can.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 10:45:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ImageX] [#11]
Originally Posted By Hking:
You cant fold the stock closed using the QD socket on the right side, which is a complete deal breaker.
View All Quotes

Yeah, it would be for me too if I were a lefty.

Originally Posted By CTran555:
It doesn't really cause me any issues, I just prefer my guns to be more streamlined.  Like I said before, it's a good product.  Just may not be my preference.

Copy that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 10:45:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#12]

View All Quotes

I wouldn't.

My friend saw my octane 45 with griffin QD adapter and manticore 3 lug and paid $200 for his tirant 3 lug adapter.

It threaded half way on and got stuck. He tried to unscrew it and unscrewed the threaded portion of the can from the tube itself.

It's been at AAC for a few weeks now. Your can shouldn't do that. Who knows what caused it.

Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:56:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

I wouldn't.

My friend saw my octane 45 with griffin QD adapter and manticore 3 lug and paid $200 for his tirant 3 lug adapter.

It threaded half way on and got stuck. He tried to unscrew it and unscrewed the threaded portion of the can from the tube itself.

It's been at AAC for a few weeks now. Your can shouldn't do that. Who knows what caused it.

View All Quotes

I wouldn't.

Sounds..... unusual. I got one as a permanent resident on a 3 lug suppressed AR with a rail 1/2 over the can. It works as intended. Removing the piston cap and screwing back the 3 lug adapter is simple enough? Did your friend screw up the alignment??
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:02:58 AM EDT
[#14]
No it freely screwed in. One of em must have just been threaded improperly.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:52:05 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

i own both the octane 9 hd2 and the tirant 9.  tirant is by far the quietest 9mm can i have ever shot and it is way lighter than the tane.  I have the tirant  as a dedicated can for my scorpion.   the gun balances beautifully with it.  if i had to do it over i still probably would have bought the octane but i also would have bought 2 tirants.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Good to hear! This is the setup I am going with, just waiting for everything to get out of jail...I was a little concerned about the Tirant/Scorpion combo after that post, but I'm glad it works for you...I can't wait to get mine complete.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

I have the Magpul MBUS Pro on my main AR and they are fantastic and solid, as well as low pro.

Other options would be the Lowrider BUIS from Bobro, and the Esights from Leitner-Wise. Extremely low riding but w/o adjustment.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Wheelhouse:

I have the Magpul MBUS Pro on my main AR and they are fantastic and solid, as well as low pro.

Other options would be the Lowrider BUIS from Bobro, and the Esights from Leitner-Wise. Extremely low riding but w/o adjustment.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wheelhouse:

They're low profile when stowed but far too high for a scorpion's comb height.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 8:38:34 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Most people say this because of issues with the move/new product development.  However, if you can pick up a Ti-rant 9/M4 2000/SDN6 at a good price, they will be hard to beat.  I have them all and they are quieter than anything else I have heard on a 9mm/556/300blk.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 1:29:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akuser-47] [#20]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
Picture of the most recent prototype of the Manticore Arms Slider Stock for the Scorpion EVO.

I htink we got it nailed down and it will be going into production right after I get back from SHOT Show.

Sven
Manticore Arms

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/Scorpion%20Stock%20Version%203%20FInal.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/Scorpion%20Stock%20Version%203%20FInal.jpg</a>
View Quote

Now that is sexy if I ever form 1 mine that's what I'd use. Only thing I don't see is any gd holes anywhere is it a real estate issue  I think the blade on the front of the butt pad plate under the sling slot could maybe have one added but cannot see its thickness nor am I an expert either. Little things like this is like powdered sugar on a already glazed donut. Just thinking out loud great work on the refinement.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Which 3 lug should I go with? Seems there is a few companies making them. Still got some time, since it'll be a while before I get my obsidian 45 stamp.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd go with Manticore because of their customer service and presence on the other board.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Mildew:
I'd go with Manticore because of their customer service and presence on the other board.
View Quote

This.

Other companies mounts might be fine, but Sven is on the forum (in this thread even) and responsive if folks have issues.

Here's someone's experience with a different mount. Other folks have mentioned they're running that mount fine, but the service part is the issue. When you're stacking tolerances it increases the risk of something like a baffle strike, and you don't want to get the cold shoulder from a company.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Has anyone duracoated/painted their Scorpion yet?

I'm thinking about Kryloning my gray, or doing some sort of urban camo.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#25]
So today, after a few 30 round mag dumps,  My hand guards loosened up a little.  Ones it cooled off, it was stiff again, but now I can still move it with some force.  I wonder if by removing Part 4 (the cooler) from the original design,  caused this issue.  I wonder if I can order the cooler from CZ.  

Doesn't seam to be too big of an issue.  But if they ever release the rifle hand guard for us to order, I would like to install the cooler while I'll have it apart.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 8:45:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akuser-47] [#26]
Somewhere deep back in this thread it was discovered that the barrel  nut was loose even though tight it was loose causing their handguard to be loose when fired and hot. Seem to be normal when cool. Just a pain to remove it and Loctite it and torque it correctly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By akuser-47:

Somewhere deep back in this thread it was discovered that the barrel  nut was loose even though tight it was loose causing their handguard to be loose when fired and hot. Seem to be normal when cool. Just a pain to remove it and Loctite it and torque it correctly.
View Quote

From what I have read from others, is that it is a pain to remove that nut.  I won't bother until we can make this happen.

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#28]
If I ever have to mess with it. I will probably get this to remove it easier from cz custom. unless someone here knows of a good way to get a wrench on it other than this.
barrel nut socket
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 5:39:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: new21022] [#29]
Saw on the CZ forum regarding barrel nut removal:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=76730.0
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By new21022:

View Quote
Thanks for sharing

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By PC-Tech:
Thanks for sharing

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PC-Tech:

Thanks for sharing

Yea, I've used that stuff for years. Works well most of the time.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Thanks this is what I was looking for much appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Damn, not a single company at shot show debuted a trigger pack for the scorpion? I'm starting to lose hope.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By MichaelHK:
Damn, not a single company at shot show debuted a trigger pack for the scorpion? I'm starting to lose hope.
View Quote

I polished mine and put the hbi Springs in it, for $10 bucks it's pretty solid. I talked with David at cgw and they developed a sear but are waiting on the pre-production to come back from machining I believe. Not much longer I think.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Tried that stuff, didnt work for me. Im going to cave and buy the CZ nut and loan it out to anyone that needs after I get mine taken care of.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#36]

I wouldn't.

View All Quotes

I wouldn't.

My Octane has done the same thing. Shit happens.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

I wouldn't lose hope.

http://sideprojectllc.com/

I'm definitely not saying expect a trigger pack from these guys, but this looks to me to be the start of something with a lot of potential.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Tried that stuff, didnt work for me. Im going to cave and buy the CZ nut and loan it out to anyone that needs after I get mine taken care of.
View All Quotes

It seems to take several applications to get all the way down into the threads and dissolve.

I like the idea of loaning out the tool tho :)
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:35:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CTran555] [#39]
View Quote

Maybe not a full drop in trigger pack. But apparently CZ Customs was showing a Scorpion with CZ Customs made trigger, sear, and hammer.  Uses factory springs and factory disconnector. I believe the sear is adjustable as well.

I borrowed this from the FB group.

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I'd like to see a zoomed out photo of that gun to see what they mean about slotted handguard, although I think they just missed some slots in through the pic rails is all.

I'm pretty interested in a 3.5lb and/or adjustable trigger though!

This gun has a lot of potential.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:05:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Would MP5 pouches or UMP pouches fit the Scorpion mags better?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:28:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: c7aea15] [#42]
Originally Posted By benb:
Would MP5 pouches or UMP pouches fit the Scorpion mags better?
View Quote

I use elite survival HL109 pouches. They fit great.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#43]
got some mags, safety levers, and suppressor but, no Evo pistol yet..... 8-10 weeks I am told.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#44]
5.11 pouches DO NOT FIT well. Too tight to be practical purposes. Best would be HSGI extended pistol tacos.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#45]
The mags actually fit well in my HSGI Rifle tacos too.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By cap6888:
View Quote

Pics?

I'd be interested in this.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

What doesn't!?

I have no idea what anyone buys anything but tacos.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

When I saw this I was pretty skeptical, but after trying it out, you're totally right. It's a bit wider than I'd like but they do work.

I've been wanting to get some of the extended pistol Tacos for my Scorpion mags. Probably still will, but the rifle Tacos do work.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 7:27:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Blue force gear 10 speed MP7 mag pouches work just fine.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#50]
I'd like to see a zoomed out photo of that gun to see what they mean about slotted handguard, although I think they just missed some slots in through the pic rails is all.

I'm pretty interested in a 3.5lb and/or adjustable trigger though!

This gun has a lot of potential.
View Quote

If this is the same one I saw in their shop when I picked up my Scorpion, they opened up slots around the picatinny rail on the sides so you can see the fluted barrel. It looked pretty darn good.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 115 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top