Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2024 4:04:41 PM EDT
So apperantly the G38, a Hk416 version, now also encountered accuracy issues according to The Telegraph after testing done by the Bundeswehr.

https://archive.is/TD3bH

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I always thought the G36 issues were BS.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:57:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UMP45_Enthusiast] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Foxtrott_4:
So apperantly the G38, a Hk416 version, now also encountered accuracy issues according to The Telegraph after testing done by the Bundeswehr.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Foxtrott_4:

It makes me laugh that H&K weapons are used and held in high regard across the world from the the lowest grunt to the highest tier of SF, and the only people who seemingly keep having trouble with them is the Germans themselves...
It makes me wonder if anyone in the German military actually knows how to use a rifle these days.

Originally Posted By Richardmofo:

It was, one of Merkel's pet politicians tried to make a name for himself and H&K drug him through the mud over it. Pettiness more than anything killed the G36. I was actually surprised when the 416 was picked over the 433, the 433 in many ways is a better rifle while maintaining the G36 manual of arms.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Richardmofo:
View Quote

Nah- they never were real good at holding zero.  Barrel, in plastic, clamped to plastic, with a sight clamped on, is not ideal.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By UMP45_Enthusiast:

It makes me laugh that H&K weapons are used and held in high regard across the world from the the lowest grunt to the highest tier of SF, and the only people who seemingly keep having trouble with them is the Germans themselves...
It makes me wonder if anyone in the German military actually knows how to use a rifle these days.

It was, one of Merkel's pet politicians tried to make a name for himself and H&K drug him through the mud over it. Pettiness more than anything killed the G36. I was actually surprised when the 416 was picked over the 433, the 433 in many ways is a better rifle while maintaining the G36 manual of arms.
View Quote

Nobody who really used the G36 holds it in high regard...  It was reliable as hell, but what a kludge.  The 416 has the same gas system and reliability, but in a form factor that doesn’t suck.  G36 ergonomics are just plain crummy.  Nobody who I know who carried both missed the G36’s when the 416’s replaced them.

So I would not want the G36 manual of arms anyhow.  Plus the 433 is close, but not that close to a G36…  maybe they just wanted something with a known quantity and fairly widespread adoption, vs another model that very few others would adopt.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#5]
They wanted them to hold under 2MOA with M193. Germany is dumb.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top