Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2024 9:07:45 PM EDT
So what has to happen for Bruen to dispose of GCA of 1968 and subsequent damaged caused in 1986 by Reagan?  Text and traditions is a pretty large blanket.  

I'd really like to own a machine gun before I die and not have to take a second mortgage for one.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 3:42:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Kalashnikov762:
So what has to happen for Bruen to dispose of GCA of 1968 and subsequent damaged caused in 1986 by Reagan?  Text and traditions is a pretty large blanket.  

I'd really like to own a machine gun before I die and not have to take a second mortgage for one.
View Quote

Unfortunately it’s not likely at all likely. We’d probably need 7-2 on scotus and Robert’s being replaced to have a decent shot at scotus.
That means we need 8 years of a Republican president starting in 2028, a Republican senate blocking appointments from 24 to 28.The sea change is going to be if scotus rules AW bans and mag bans are unconstitutional.

We just had the first circuit rule that a mag ban is consistent with Bruen, so we’re still very far away from a world where the MG ban goes.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#2]
FWIW    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtEULymCNNo&t=2s
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The NFA isn't going anywhere
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Slim to none. After listening to the hearing the other day at scotus, there was no mention that machine guns should be legal etc, justice Thomas seemed to imply that a bump stock maybe should be illegal because it effectively makes it a machine gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top