Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2023 7:25:20 AM EDT
I was at a gun show last weekend and snatched up an 8 oz. can of Blackhorn 209 for $20.  I knew it was underpriced, but damn near pissed my self when I checked Midway and saw that they sell it (if they had it in stock) for $73.  What gives?
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#1]
yep its insane the price...

When i run out i might not refresh it with 209 might go back to real bp
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:20:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eric496] [#3]
Yeah, it seems that Hodgdon really dropped the ball with Blackhorn. I recently got the last three 8oz cans (not all for me) from Powder Valley for 80 bucks each shipped and was glad to get it. It was $45 each for 10oz at a LGS a few years ago. If another company comes up with something similar for 60 or 70 bucks per pound then Blackhorn is finished.

It's never been 20 bucks per can. I'd check it to be sure the can is actually filled with Blackhorn.

Hodgdon currently has it in stock but it would be about $92 each for 3 cans shipped.

I really enjoy shooting my muzzleloaders but at these prices it might be cheaper to shoot .50 BMG.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 9:00:19 AM EDT
[#4]
yea i agree its pricing itself out of the market..

I purchased a new v2 wolf to just shoot buckhorn out of it for hunting..

If the prices stay that high ill go back to my original wolf and just shoot bp or pellets..

I do like the buckhorn because i can shoot several shots of sabots with ease.

I'll just go back and use powerbullets to hunt with.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Thought about converting but it isn't worth it for the price. Ben using triple 7 for 20 years and it still works just fine. Every type has its drawbacks of course.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#6]
$83 at my Walmart. I thought it was a misprint or the powder was out of place. Bout fell over
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top