Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2024 5:39:36 PM EDT
Just as the title says, Looking for the best budget can,
that would be on my 16" bull barreled 10/22.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got a CGS Hydra AL. <$300 super light weight, comes apart easily and the baffles can be orientated any which way, really good suppression, noticeable FRP on a pistol but that’s a moot point on a 16” rifle. Cleaning is a bit less straightforward with an all aluminum can but it weighs nothing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a look at the YHM Phantom 22. Pretty cheap - $350 last I checked. No FRP on a rifle, weighs only 4 oz and has SS baffles, so it’s super easy to clean.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Griffin Checkmate I'm waiting for at the moment.
I'm hoping it's decent.
Has SS baffles and aluminum tube so I can clean the baffles however I'd like, which is a plus.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I paid around $325 for my AAC Halcyon. It sounds great and it’s a little thicker than many other rimfire cans, so I love it on heavy and bull barrels. It lives on my heavy barrel 16” bolt action pest gun.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Form 1 XRT
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:52:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VaFish] [#6]
Rex Silentium MG22.    Can be found with 30% off discount, or you can get it free if you buy another Rex can this month.

Or even cheaper, Hansohn Brothers Mod F4.

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/hansohn-brothers/silencers/rimfire/hansohn-mod-f4-rimfire-silencer/
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#7]
You can find the SilencerCo Warlock for around 200.00.  Good warranty from a solid company and a great price for a lightweight suppressor.  With the new suppressor cleaning solution that works with aluminum it should be easy to clean.  Hard to beat that price.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#8]
TacSol Aeris .22 Suppressor--The Pocket Rocket

Right around $300. Haven’t run it on a 10/22 yet, but it’s pretty dang  quiet on a 16” Ruger American Rimfire. Titanium and stainless, so you can throw it in the ultrasonic.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#9]
The Hansohn Vidar is a good value and performer pistol & rifle.  

On a 16” rimfire shooting subsonic standard velocity just about any current suppressor will be acceptable sound wise.  Given that, a short can like an Ecco Machine Ocelot Micro at 3.5” would also be worth considering.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Another vote for the YHM Phantom 22. I have 2 of them dedicated for rifle duty.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:40:18 PM EDT
[#11]
YHM is a great can for the price but on a rifle I think most cans will perform well.
I run my SilencerCo Sparrow on my rifles with great results and no FRP (on a rifle).
Backyard quiet.
Pick something easy to clean is my suggestion
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:
View Quote

I have one in jail for this same usage.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AndBen:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AndBen:

A friend just got one, took about 3 weeks. I can't wait to compare it to my AAC Element II.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#14]
For a rifle, rimfire cans are very forgiving. I really like the Innovative Arms Slingshot Micro - it's available in a good number of configurations and, on a 16" barrel, is as quiet as a full sized silencer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Silencerco Warlock II for 200.00 is hard to beat for the price. Mine works great and really quiet on my bolt gun.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:19:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KalmanPhilter] [#16]
Originally Posted By arjohnson:
Silencerco Warlock II for 200.00 is hard to beat for the price. Mine works great and really quiet on my bolt gun.
View Quote

I love my Warlock 2, but SiCo in their marketing value proposition infinite wisdom dropped it from their lineup.  So, if you find one at a good price, perhaps snap it up.

It really leaves a gap in their line-up as the remaining Sparrow & Switchback seem more like niche cans than general purpose rimfire cans.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
Best inexpensive can? Hansohn Mod F4. Inexpensive, modular, lightweight and quiet. If you break it, we'll fix it. What's not to like?

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/hansohn-brothers/silencers/rimfire/hansohn-mod-f4-rimfire-silencer/
View Quote

Just ordered one of these mod f4's to try out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:24:18 AM EDT
[#19]

I love my Warlock 2, but SiCo in their marketing value proposition infinite wisdom dropped it from their lineup.  So, if you find one at a good price, perhaps snap it up.

It really leaves a gap in their line-up as the remaining Sparrow & Switchback seem more like niche cans than general purpose rimfire cans.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By arjohnson:

They discontinued it, then brought it back.  Did they discontinue it a second time?  I like my Warlock better than my Sparrow.  Seems like they got rid of the wrong can?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:38:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Best inexpensive can? Hansohn Mod F4. Inexpensive, modular, lightweight and quiet. If you break it, we'll fix it. What's not to like?

View Quote

I'm gonna order one of these just to support Hansohn Bros and because everyone needs at least 1 more rimfire can.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Mindfull:

View All Quotes

#MeToo

Ordered mine a few weeks ago
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:55:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

#MeToo

View All Quotes

#MeToo

Form 3's are coming back fast finally. Hansohn shipped it out to me today. I'll try it out and let you know what I think when it shows up.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MobileTaylor:

They discontinued it, then brought it back.  Did they discontinue it a second time?  I like my Warlock better than my Sparrow.  Seems like they got rid of the wrong can?
View Quote

The Warlock is showing up as a legacy / discontinued product on SiCo’s website. I think that happened right after ShotShow ‘24.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Form 3's are coming back fast finally. Hansohn shipped it out to me today. I'll try it out and let you know what I think when it shows up.
View All Quotes

#MeToo

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Dam that sucks, glad I have one, really nice lightweight can that works very well imo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top