Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2022 9:50:38 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a company that is able to convert a standard M4 Barrel into an Entry barrel? My understanding is that it requires more than just a barrel chop. I’ve found a few companies that used to offer the service but they all appear to be out of business now.  I know it would be simpler to just buy a factory 14” Barrel, but those seem to be impossible to find right now too.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 12:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]
You might give Vang Comp a ring.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Also, this is exactly what Benelli does for the M4 Entry, anyway. They ship them into the US full-length and cut them after they're Stateside. You really wouldn't be gaining anything by going "factory".
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:16:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dntama] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By the_adrenalist:
Also, this is exactly what Benelli does for the M4 Entry, anyway. They ship them into the US full-length and cut them after they're Stateside. You really wouldn't be gaining anything by going "factory".
View Quote

Are you sure? What about the front sight and ring that goes around the mag tube ? Do they solder these back on after cutting the barrel then refinish the barrel. Also the chrome lining can be damaged when cutting the barrel.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 6:28:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunCat] [#4]
Originally Posted By dntama:

Are you sure? What about the front sight and ring that goes around the mag tube ? Do they solder these back on after cutting the barrel then refinish the barrel. Also the chrome lining can be damaged when cutting the barrel.
View Quote

The M4 Entry barrels are brought into the USA at >18” but with the front sight and mag tube ring already positioned for the Entry length (note the fatter section of barrel under the front sight). The barrels are cut & crowned once inside the USA. Something to do with regulations on importing <18” shotgun barrels makes it easier to “make” vs “import”
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Really??
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DOG556:
Really??
View Quote

Same with the M2 SBS. Here's a picture of a pre SBS and a post SBS

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Midwest Industries did have 14" barrel assemblies in stock.  I was going buy one, but $1000 is a tad too much for me

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/70137
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top