Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 2/16/2024 1:31:50 PM EDT
And I want to return to a better time. A time when men were men, women were women, and bayonets weren't little bitch-knives. So, here we are.  

Blade is a legitimate U.S. M1862 yataghan saber bayonet blade for the Merrill Naval carbine. Full restoration is likely impossible, as the hilt assembly is long gone and it would take a miracle to find another. Plus the peened tang was damaged and shortened in whatever event separated them.  

I stole the hardware off a cheapass, Chinese repro of an M9 bayonet. Threaded the end of the tang to ¼-20 and made a brass tang-nut. Grip is stacked leather.  

Might need more finishing work. Eyesight is recovering from surgery, so honestly don't even know if these photos are in focus...

It's everything I hoped it would be. Debating if I should sharpen it, make a leather sheath...  

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Bayonet = sword. Wow. Nice work.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Sir, you are my kind of crazy.

nohomo
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:40:09 PM EDT
[#3]
How much shipped to 59323?

Awesome!
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#4]
mmmhmmmm Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, guys. I just couldn't live in a world with no such thing as a sword-bayonet for my beloved AR15.  

Handle length is a bit shorter, so not sure if it will fit adapters like the Geissele Super Stabby or even shotguns with bayonet lugs.  

If it does, I might have another project on the horizon. This clearly belongs on an 870.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:31:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I used one last weekend.  Happened to be the closest sharp-edged thing when cutting some twine in the garage. Not too romantic. It's for my M1.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Genius.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top