Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/29/2024 9:53:40 PM EDT
So I have an MKE AP5P (K clone) and ordered this B&T stock and it won't fit. Looking at the sling end cap that came with the MKE and the stock I can see that there is a difference. On the bottom side of the buffer the stock has the same shelf or "ears" that it has above the buffer, while the MKE sling cap does not have those on the bottom. They are shaped like they should fit the receiver but they don't and I can see marks on the ears from trying to force it on.
Have any of you had to modify a B&T stock to fit your K or did I just get lucky? It appears that I could bevel those ears a little, or even remove them until it looks like the stock piece. I'm wondering if those ears are there to help stabilize the stock, whereas that wouldn't be neccesary on the stock sling mount. Anyone have any tips?
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:18:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#1]
You shouldn't have to modify anything.

Can you post some images?

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:15:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully this works

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:19:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Well hey, that actually worked. Sorta. The ears on the stock below the buffer is the difference and where it's not fitting. I hope you can kind of see through the blur to see where its scraping plastic on that ear that I'm pointing to and not letting it fit.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I see what you're talking about

Before modifying anything, try rocking the stock  back and forth (top to bottom) as you're installing. Might even have to tap with a rubber mallet as well. Clones can be a little off dimensionally.

If anything, the metal receiver will strip some plastic from the stock as it's installed.

It should be a tight fit

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately, I've found all these parts & platforms aren't always plug and play.  Sometimes you need to make slight modifications to parts (never the receiver).  you might have to mallet it on or remove some plastic material.  If you're uncomfortable doing that, you may want to return it.  

The other issue you'll run into is your hammer tail rubbing the bottom of that stock when cocked.  That forked area on your end cap prevents the rubbing. You need to cut a groove into the new stock to prevent rubbing.   I even had to do that on my SP5k.  I just cut a groove with a round file until the tail no longer rubbed.  And after market triggers like the Heckfire doesn't have the hammer tail and counts as 4 US Parts if you need to comply with 922r.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I kind of figured it was slightly out of dimension but being new to this platform I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something simple before I started hammering and grinding. I've tried rocking it every direction but that doesn't work, I think a few strokes on the stock with a file until it fits should do the trick.
And thanks for the tip on cutting out that notch, that should be easy enough.
Thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top