Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2024 11:54:50 PM EDT
Bought this one cheap at the LGS. It's my only inline. I prefer my sidelock cap rifle, but the eyes are too toasted with age for iron sights.

This rifle did not have a factory ram rod. I've been loading and shooting it with a wood dowel. I'm curious what the factory rods look like.

This rifle is a tack driver, well at 80 yards with a Bore Buttered 250 gr Lee REAL homecast soft lead projectiles. My last test had small groups. It really shoots those 250 REALS tight with 75 grains of Goex ffg real BP pushing.

75 grains of ffg was as high a load as i tested. I'm curious how high i could go safely with copper sabots or  Powerbelts. 100 gr? 150?

Also, what is the best zero for sending these chunky 250 gr bullets?
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:25:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an older one, before they changed the breech plug to the hand removable CVA style. Probably made around 2009. Ramrod is aluminum with a threaded jag that’s reversible.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I love mine.  
I use a .451 XTP bullet in a .50 caliber sabot.  totally dead nuts on straight out of the box.

Yes, the stock ramrod is aluminum (with a funky tee handle) but if i were in your place i would get a range rod that has the threaded end and cut it to the right length.  At lease that way you can screw in all the attachments.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top