Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2024 7:34:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: taymag]
Anyone have both and think the sidewinder is a brick? I had the Tiapan TM19-384 and got rid of it for the TM25-384 Sidewinder but think I’m going to just get the 25 Tiapan, anyone have an opinion?

I’m guessing the TM25 sidewinder has a slightly better picture than the TM25 Tiapan and the controls are better (focus ring, etc) but I’m fine without that, the biggest plus would be the batteries
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:18:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By taymag:
Anyone have both and think the sidewinder is a brick? I had the Tiapan TM19-384 and got rid of it for the TM25-384 Sidewinder but think I’m going to just get the 25 Tiapan, anyone have an opinion?

I’m guessing the TM25 sidewinder has a slightly better picture than the TM25 Tiapan and the controls are better (focus ring, etc) but I’m fine without that, the biggest plus would be the batteries
View Quote

I really like the image quality of my Sidewinder.  I really like the build quality.  The menus are fantastic and the unit is really easy to use.

Having said that, I hate the form factor.  It's like holding onto a giant 2X4.  There's nothing about the unit that allows me to index it properly.  It's a cylinder and every time I extract it from my pouch to scan, I always have to orient it.  I'd rather use a non symmetrical design that I can intuitively index.

It's a shame because the Sidewinder punches way above its weight.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:25:26 AM EDT
[#2]
lol Yeah I hear ya, have you ever held the Tipan or compared? Sidewinder is quality, but I don’t think people realize how big it is
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:11:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By taymag:
lol Yeah I hear ya, have you ever held the Tipan or compared? Sidewinder is quality, but I don’t think people realize how big it is
View Quote

I haven't.

I would imagine that there's a pretty sizeable difference going off of what you're saying.

The Sidewinder really is...huge.

I was thinking about trying an Iray IRIS.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 2:18:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IntelGoons] [#5]
I absolutely hated the sidewinder when I had it, ended up selling it on GAFS. The output just seemed so low, it was barely useable as an admin light. I went to the opposite end of the spectrum, and now run an M640V on my helmet... which is a bit much, but it works.

Edit: should have scrolled, you are not talking about the Streamlight Sidewinder Stalk...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top