Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2024 3:39:38 PM EDT
I've got 2 eform 1s that are at about 6 months

I've got 4 eform4s & some of them are at a year now. WTF?

ATF won't answer the phone. I am sending a letter to my state rep.

What else can I do? I logged into my eforms account & none of the form 4s show up anywhere, just the two form 1s
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The eForm 4s will never show in your account, that part is normal.

As for the wait, you're most likely stuck with unresolved background checks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#2]
After a 54 week wait I emailed my state rep office (sadly a d). After filling out the release form both were approved in about a week. Btw I'm in Pa too
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D_Man:
The eForm 4s will never show in your account, that part is normal.

As for the wait, you're most likely stuck with unresolved background checks.
View Quote

No reason for them to be unresolved so that is puzzling.

Hopefully, my rep can help
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By weapons_free:
After a 54 week wait I emailed my state rep office (sadly a d). After filling out the release form both were approved in about a week. Btw I'm in Pa too
View Quote

That is encouraging. I recently did exactly that
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:12:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#5]
Emailing [email protected] or [email protected] will often unfuck it if the hold up is with NICS.

Yes, the misspelled email address works too.

Other info available https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/s/Fd6DJicEDM
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Glocked:
Emailing [email protected] or [email protected] will often unfuck it if the hold up is with NICS.

View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]
My M16 took 18 months. That was 15 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:25:09 PM EDT
[#8]
My 350 day old F4 finally came back approved today, along with a 150 day old F1.  It looks like they are making an effort to clear out the older ones along with approving new ones in a week or so.  It looks like they did it as a batch, because an 80 day old F4 was also received today.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:16:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#9]
I just got one approved after 385 days…
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

View Quote

No reply from them yet
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 6:32:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:

No reply from them yet
View Quote

It took me 3-4 weeks to get a reply from them the first time.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Dealer said mine was approved when he reached out to atf. Neither of us had the approval email (received it fine last time, and received the in process email this time).

Dunno how long it's been sitting
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:46:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jmo371] [#13]
I got an email back from [email protected] today saying my F1 NICS check was resolved, I sent an email to them on the 4th of march, so it took a few weeks...but they shoot it loose, I would imagine ill have an email saying I have an approved F-1 in the next few days.

ETA: Got the Approval Email 4/1/24....so the email works, just might take a few weeks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#14]
So it was approved in November. Neither my dealer nor I received an email from eforms then, and we only figured to check status now.

I figure that others are in the same situation
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:33:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bkssniper] [#15]
Mine has just shown submitted nothing else. Others from my dealer submitted at the same time have all been approved. I used to get delayed buying guns all the time.,
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#16]
After many emails to the nicsliason address, all but 1 of mine were approved within a week. They never did reply to any of the emails, though.

The one I am waiting on is not needed yet as I need to send that barrel out for work & it's a 5 week ETA, but I will email them again soon if I don't have that one approved
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been waiting since early November '23. Never got any joy until I reached out to NICS Liason this Tuesday, received the canned response this morning:

Your ATF/NFA application is in process. When an application is completed, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will provide the final determination. Currently, there is no further status information available

10 minutes after my eforms approval email.  

Coincidence? Hard telling.
Link Posted: Today 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:
I've been waiting since early November '23. Never got any joy until I reached out to NICS Liason this Tuesday, received the canned response this morning:

Your ATF/NFA application is in process. When an application is completed, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will provide the final determination. Currently, there is no further status information available

10 minutes after my eforms approval email.  

Coincidence? Hard telling.
View Quote

Same nonsense happened to me. There's no way this can be a coincidence
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top