Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2024 9:55:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2JokersWild]
I have a PTR 9CT that I would like to remove the tri lug from and mount a Griffin EZ-LOK. What I'm not sure of is the best way to do that. How much do I need to disassmble the firearm? Just looking for any advice or experience on removing the tri lug adapter from a PTR.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
It's an integral part of the barrel ...... only way you're removing it is with a hacksaw or a lathe
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:03:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: willi3d] [#2]
Why remove the tri lugs?  Doesn’t it have a threaded section in standard 1/2x28 forward of the lugs?  Just remove the thread protector and screw on the ez-lok adapter.  The lugs shouldn’t get in the way.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By willi3d:
Why remove the tri lugs?  Doesn't it have a threaded section in standard 1/2x28 forward of the lugs?  Just remove the thread protector and screw on the ez-lok adapter.  The lugs shouldn't get in the way.
View Quote
HOLY SHIT! My man! Haha, well now that I really look yes it does! Problem solved.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
HOLY SHIT! My man! Haha, well now that I really look yes it does! Problem solved.
View Quote

You had me wondering why the PTR copies weren’t bisexual like the MKE copies.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DakotaFAL:
You had me wondering why the PTR copies weren’t bisexual like the MKE copies.
View Quote

The models without a T at the end... like 9C instead of 9CT... do not have the threads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top