Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2024 4:48:26 PM EDT
Does anyone have C/P how to?  or a link to one for MP5/k lower   I have a mill and all tooling required.  I have an extra and would like to try this.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:17:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chargerdude70] [#2]
Edit: Osprey beat me to it.

Measure ears, write down dimension.

Measure shelf, write down dimension.

Subtract both answers and divide by 2, write down dimension. This is what needs to be removed from the housing to fit the shelf width wise. If milling, you can divide that in half, touch off the inside of ear and mill that much off each ear. I’d add a couple thou’s for slip fit.

Once the housing slips on and can touch the shelf, you can blue the shelf and smack the back of housing to get witness marks the see what metal need to be removed to fit the shelf.

The pin can be JB welded in prior or after this I suppose. Never asked how the “Pro’s” do it. I do all this with a file and Dremel.

I file one ear at a time and fit, then blue mark pin to cut down. Then rough up pin and JB weld in place and do finish file to fit.

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you guys very much.   I believe Hk pro glues the pin in first the uses an end mill for the whole process.  As the one that I have seen looked like all of the machining matched like the pin was in when it was milled
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top