Posted: 4/30/2024 11:34:06 PM EDT
What do you think?
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:45:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AT-ST83] [#2]
Probably not.  Be interesting, though.

Anything they would offer wouldn't exactly be "budget" oriented, so say around $1k to start...but more likely $1200-$1800ish for a barreled action.  Add a nice stock, and you're in the same price territory as a basic Vudoo...which is going to be very difficult to compete against.  Much more than a Bergara B14R, which is a hell of a value for the money (just below $1K).  Even if they can build a version closer to $1K, they are competing with the Bergara, and it's a phenomenal rifle for the price point.

The best option would be a far-sub $1K rifle that takes 10/22 mags, but it would need to be about $700-$800 territory.  And then it competes with the Ruger Long Range Target.  However, 10/22 magazines are problematic when it comes to extreme accuracy.  The magazine nearly always drags/scratches/gouges the bullet as it chambers.  Very less than ideal for precision and precision.

Thier best bet would be to make drop in replacement barrels for the American Rimfire series.  Say, in the $350-$450 range.

Plus, they already make the Summit action. It's basically a bolt action.  Toggle bolt, technically.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:06:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Not likely.  The American and RPR sell like crazy, and they discontinued the 77/22 a while back.  Not a lot of volume on high end .22s to justify tooling up for it, especially when you'd be cannibalizing the RPR and fancier American sales.  Now competition versions of those, I could see coming out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:34:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't see why they would. Seems like they never sell well. I've never played with one and like the idea but at the end of the day it doesn't make a lot of sense.
Top Top