BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2023 1:42:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz]
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the post

PEQ is 2007 Tech, it's no surprise it has been copied by now.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 1:42:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Diz, I applaud the post and appreciate the move back to NV forum for the Somo post. I have no issue personally with the [china] label. Kind of funny actually. Goatboy, I’m sure you had to approve this. Thank you. Free and open discussion is part of the free market in America. In the end it will strengthen our retailers or make room for new ones.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:07:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Just got mine in. Haven't had a chance to shoot it. Just turn it on in the back yard.

Has the "8" SN with the upgraydd housing. Just found this out after seeing Somo's insta.

Super bright. Controls work.

Illum. adjustment clicks are solid.

Laser adjustment clicks a little mushy but can still feel clicks and hear them.

Might go shoot tonight. Maybe not. Colawarrior kicked my ass this week and it's hot AF.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Somo could probably direct copy the form of the stuff the People's Liberation Army is buying, put all-Engrish labels over them (like everything else the Chinese export) and corner a market for those of us who want decent laser-illuminators at a fair price.

Kinda like getting a Russian PERST with instructions you can read.

Looks like the Chinese just copied Steiner/Laser Devices products:

Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:38:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fortydelta] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sinister:
Somo could probably direct copy the form of the stuff the People's Liberation Army is buying, put all-Engrish labels over them (like everything else the Chinese export) and corner a market for those of us who want decent laser-illuminators at a fair price.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNoHP9RaAAEexDb?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

His TQ says "TIME" instead of china words, along with his ears. Don't think this guy is actually chicom .mil.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:59:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#7]
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By fortydelta:
His TQ says "TIME" instead of china words, along with his ears. Don't think this guy is actually chicom .mil.
View Quote

He's a People's Armed Police.

China spends more on internal security than it does on its military.  Gotta keep the Party in power.

"Political power comes from the barrel of a gun.  The Party must never surrender control over who points the gun."
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 10:33:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I have 3 of them.

1 has been problematic, but fixed now. It would cutoff under recoil on my G 11.5” rifle. I stretched the spring, which helped. Finally, the battery compartment “came loose”. It rotates a bit when cranking down the battery compartment head. It was a potted model.

Somo Gear initially said, sorry, out of warranty, then a week later wrote back, just kidding. Here’s a new one on the way.

You want to talk about customer service? That is it! They merely asked for photos and video, in order to improve the design.

The replacement is on my LaRude 16”, and is also flawless.

My original OG non-potted lives on my 22lr CMMG ar, all setup for night shooting.

In summary. 10/10 would buy again, and they actually seem to care about improving and helping customers. Even a horrid Chinese brand seems to have that figured out - too bad we keep getting F#cked over stateside by insane pricing and horrid customer service.

Link Posted: 8/21/2023 7:46:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 8:29:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#12]
Anyone order directly through Somogear? How long did the order take to process and ship?
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
Anyone order directly through Somogear or through Paragon Armory? If from SG, how long did the order take to process and ship?
View Quote

Paragon. Had it in less than 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:18:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#14]
Originally Posted By fortydelta:

Paragon. Had it in less than 2 weeks.
View Quote

Paragon doesn't have the PEQ-16B.

Edit: Reworded my post.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 10:32:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#15]
Originally Posted By Sinister:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNoHP9RaAAEexDb?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

I was given one of these to look over (exact same down to steel grey color), its a copy of a Steiner DBAL right down to the switch gear.  Lasers were ok to good, illuminator was poor for anything beyond 50m, but fine in closed spaces.  Material quality was very good felt very solid e.g. aluminium housing.  Quick release lever based mounting mechanism, very solid.  

I can confirms DIZs comments re: SGPEQ15 - illuminator is good to and works well to around 200m.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone order directly through Somogear? How long did the order take to process and ship?
View Quote

Maybe my experience was a fluke, but I ordered a PEQ-15 directly from Somogear. It was shipped Apr 23, arrived in NY on Apr 27, bounced back and forth between Customs and a "military agent" for about 6 weeks, only to arrive at my local post office on Jun 14th and immediately sent back to Somogear due to "Insufficient address". I'm guessing that the label was so butchered from repeatedly opening and closing that only the zip code was readable. Somogear finally received it on June 24th. Somogear saw what happened and immediately refunded me. In the meantime, I ordered from Paragon and had it in less that 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:53:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jrpett:

Maybe my experience was a fluke, but I ordered a PEQ-15 directly from Somogear. It was shipped Apr 23, arrived in NY on Apr 27, bounced back and forth between Customs and a "military agent" for about 6 weeks, only to arrive at my local post office on Jun 14th and immediately sent back to Somogear due to "Insufficient address". I'm guessing that the label was so butchered from repeatedly opening and closing that only the zip code was readable. Somogear finally received it on June 24th. Somogear saw what happened and immediately refunded me. In the meantime, I ordered from Paragon and had it in less that 2 weeks.
View Quote

Thanks for the input. I was asking for the time from placing order to being mailed out.

I forgot to take in account for Asia being a day ahead, but my order went out yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:11:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Ran a mag through mine over the weekend. No zero shift.

Even low power illuminator is bright AF, high power is almost too bright unless I was looking at something well over 100yds out. I was also using it in dense woods and such so there's that.

So far I'm pleased with mine.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I want the NGL - when it's out, me buys
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:58:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#21]
I got mine in and tested it out with my cheap Gen 1 monocular. It's super cool and everything works as advertised. I had to do some rearranging to get it to fit into my rifle's "ecosystem" (for lack of a better word), but everything just barely clears the other parts and nothing is pushing on the PEQ-15 unit. I had to swap back to the Arisaka offset mount from the preferred inline mount. I may try moving everything but my weapon light more rearward (including the VFG) so I can put the front BUIS back on the front of my RIS III handguard instead of having it in the middle.

Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#22]
I see on the SG and Paragon websites the PEQ-15 IR Laser/FlashLight ($89) is sold out.  Does anyone know if these come back into stock with any frequency? I saw they have a PEQ-16B model for $89 I'm interested in trying.  Looking to get my feet wet in this space but don't want to over commit just yet.  Anyone know anything or have any experience with the PEQ-16B model?
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Johnnygent:
I saw they have a PEQ-16B model for $89 I'm interested in trying.  Looking to get my feet wet in this space but don't want to over commit just yet.  Anyone know anything or have any experience with the PEQ-16B model?
View Quote

I have one. It's slightly better in quality (construction and feel of fire button) compared to other airsoft clone LAM around the same price. I've only tested it briefly and indoors, but the IR illuminator is fixed and assuming not effective at longer distances. Same with the white light. I haven't messed with the adjustment dials yet so I can't comment much on dialing in the laser and IR pointers.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 8:10:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jeason206] [#24]
Cool thanks
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:38:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#25]
View Quote
Another member and I ordered ours directly from SomoGear on 09/14/23 at the same time. They both shipped 09/15/23 and we had them delivered 09/19/23. They were drop shipped crazy fast from China. That member has a real PERST-3 and while the SomoGear isn't quite as powerful as the PERST-3 (it's retard level powerful apparently), he's been thoroughly impressed with the SomoGear for the money. We both want the NGAL now.

My brother ordered a SomoGear PEQ-15 in the past month, and I wanna say took them a little longer to get it shipped (I wanna say 1 week), but he got it quickly after that.

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 1:49:04 AM EDT
[#26]
This is interesting

Does anyone know if there is a dual switch that works with the Sumogear PEQ15 and a surefire M600 flashlight?

The power jack on dual switch on Sumogears web site does not look like the same type of connector
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Yeah basically any good switch will work.  I've used UT TAPs and Axon switches with no issues.  Even the newer SG switches such as the "Axon" style aren't bad.  

The newer housings are definitely stronger and with the FMA replacement steel mount, I think you're pretty much GTG.  

I plan on replacing my PEQ-15's with NGALs when they are back in stock, but until then, I'm a happy camper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top