User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rubicon20032003:
BT-10266 B&T  is best mount out there for a micro if not going infitech.That battlesteel is cheap Chinese shit and it’s a 30 dollar mount
View Quote

Some people in this subforum put airsoft stocks on their real guns.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The MFI ultra compact mount (Hk parts exclusive) is finally back in stock.  I’ve been waiting like 6 months.  Grab one if you’re looking because they take forever to restock.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Red dot mount, only drawback is it replaces rear sight. I  have one and love it.
Farrow tech
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 1Tribe:
Red dot mount, only drawback is it replaces rear sight. I  have one and love it.
Farrow tech
View Quote

I kinda like those mounts
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:17:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lil_Sig] [#5]
BT-10266 B&T  is best mount out there for a micro if not going infitech.That battlesteel is cheap Chinese shit and it’s a 30 dollar mount
View Quote

Battle Steel HK Mounts
Specifications:
6061-T6 Aircraft Aluminum
Type II, Clas III Hard Black Anodized
100% Made In USA
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By lil_Sig:

Battle Steel HK Mounts
Specifications:
100% Made In USA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Battle Steel HK Mounts
Specifications:
100% Made In USA

I was going to say, mine held zero well enough for everything I did with it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
A lot of people are reporting problems with the MI optic rail.  It sounds like MI either had a bad batch, or there's some issue with some AP5s going out.  If it's anything on the gun, the only thing I can think of is the recoil lug on the top of the receiver is not welded in place correctly, or the spots for the mount claws to grab are not profiled correctly.

Here are the instructions from MI  on installing it, the main thing is removing all 4 clamps before sliding it on the gun making sure the recoil lug on the receiver nests into the cutout on the underside of the rail, then one by one slipping the clamp bits in there and fishing it around until you can get the screw to start in the threads.  I used fine tweezers to help.  Just barely start each one until all four are started and then tighten them evenly, or else it could sit at an angle.

Should look like this paint cutaway diagram.  Red is the rail, blue are the clamp bits, and black is the receiver.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/157876/3532-2638864.jpg
View Quote

That looks like a helpful diagram. This thread seems to be informative as well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 2:06:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#8]
I really like the MFI low profile mount. Plus there is one in the EE for a good deal (LINK).

Mine is slightly different because it has the taper in the front, but that is it.

Pic of mine:
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:47:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#9]
LEAP04 and MKE mount.  

The MKE mount was not that hard to install....once you figure out how to align the holes with the inserts.  After fussing with it for 5 mins, I just lubed up the inserts and then used a small punch to move them back and forth until they are aligned in the correct spot.    

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered this one MFI Ultra Low Profile Red Dot Mount and it arrived in under a week.
Quality seems high and it is extremely light weight.
I haven’t installed it yet though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Princeton:
I ordered this one MFI Ultra Low Profile Red Dot Mount and it arrived in under a week.
View Quote

Good luck
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Spacejunk:

Good luck
View Quote

He will be fine.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Now this is cool. Are those mounts available with RMR footprint? I have an ultra low MFI, and an RMR on a Scalarworks mount. I can see the irons through the mount, which is nice. Not a lot of optic mounts fit on the ultra low mfi mount because it's so short front to back, but the Scalarworks just barely fits.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:10:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lil_Sig] [#15]
Originally Posted By Teller_Ulam:

Now this is cool. Are those mounts available with RMR footprint? I have an ultra low MFI, and an RMR on a Scalarworks mount. I can see the irons through the mount, which is nice. Not a lot of optic mounts fit on the ultra low mfi mount because it's so short front to back, but the Scalarworks just barely fits.
View Quote

There is a company that has copied the Shield mount. They are making them. I will see if I can find them and post it here.

ETA:

https://www.machinewerks.net/product-page/lopro-mp5-mrds-mount

I hear the arguments against cowitnessing. People say you try to still line up your sights with the DOT. This is not the case for me.

I go right to present/ sholder the weapon the same. When  a RDO is used I just keep both eyes open for speed. When the dot is on target fire.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#16]

There is a company that has copied the Shield mount. They are making them. I will see if I can find them and post it here.

ETA:

I hear the arguments against cowitnessing. People say you try to still line up your sights with the DOT. This is not the case for me.

I go right to present/ sholder the weapon the same. When  a RDO is used I just keep both eyes open for speed. When the dot is on target fire.
View Quote

I have always liked these types of mount/ sight combo but have never tried it be out.

Serious question, with only one mounting/ holding section, does the sight drift to the left or right the further out you get?  I’m asking if that mount holds the sight straight or true to the alignment of the barrel.  I know it locks into the lug on the top of the receiver but those tolerances are not made to be precision tight n each firearm.  Any issues bumping it and it being off?  I’m sure you will say no to all questions because you obviously like the mount but just curious.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#17]

ETA:

View Quote

I’ve been waiting for something like this to come out, but they only show the one side. I’m hoping they did screws on each side as that is the downfall of the shield mount.  It doesn’t have enough adjustment to fit all receivers with the variances in them.  I had a shield mount for about 20 seconds until it tore the shit out of my mke and wouldn’t secure correctly.  Not a great design (unless they’ve put a screw on either side)
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:54:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lil_Sig] [#18]
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:

I’ve been waiting for something like this to come out, but they only show the one side. I’m hoping they did screws on each side as that is the downfall of the shield mount.  It doesn’t have enough adjustment to fit all receivers with the variances in them.  I had a shield mount for about 20 seconds until it tore the shit out of my mke and wouldn’t secure correctly.  Not a great design (unless they’ve put a screw on either side)
View Quote

They are made VERY similar to the Shield. So one screw. I have never seen the copy one in person.

The Shield one that I have took a lot of fitting. When I first installed it. It got stuck just shy of going on all the way. Then it wouldn't come off either.

I beat on that thing for over an hour maybe two, with a nylon hammer and pry bar. I was seriously about to cut it off.

When it did come off. I had to file on the attached leg's claw to get it to fit. It was disappointing at first to say the least.

However it fits perfectly now. You can see from the picture that the Cowiness is absolute. For me the circle cross hair dot is perfect for very quick accurate shots well out past what I would use it for, and if I have an issue with the sight. Well I'm already lined up with them to. It does all of this and is rock solid.

Then one has to really appreciate the weight and footprint. This for me was the appeal of the set up. However after using it. It is so natural and quick. Once you lock in your cheek weld. You can't miss the dot. So now the footprint and weight are just the icing on the cake for me.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 5:20:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By chemcmndr:

View All Quotes
BT-10266 B&T  is best mount out there for a micro if not going infitech.That battlesteel is cheap Chinese shit and it's a 30 dollar mount

Battle Steel HK Mounts
Specifications:
100% Made In USA

That is my favorite.  I like a 100% co-witness.  I change out my rear sight drum for a HK33 style so I move it to the V notch position so the sight picture isn't cluttered.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:20:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lil_Sig] [#20]
Originally Posted By amphibian:
That is my favorite.  I like a 100% co-witness.  I change out my rear sight drum for a HK33 style so I move it to the V notch position so the sight picture isn't cluttered.
https://c3junkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/MP5K-PDW-1024x569.jpg
View Quote

I am considering getting another Drum and drilling out the smallest hole to larger than the largest hole. Or possibly putting a huge U knotch there. Because I see no use for such a small hole.

I believe this will increase speed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
BT-10266 B&T  is best mount out there for a micro if not going infitech.That battlesteel is cheap Chinese shit and it's a 30 dollar mount

Battle Steel HK Mounts
Specifications:
100% Made In USA

Same here.  To bad they’ve been OOS for months.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#22]

ETA:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Teller_Ulam:

ETA:

Very nice
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Machinewerks has delayed the release of the LoPro Mp5 MDRS mount to accommodate the mounting lugs on different guns.
It looks like have removed some material from the bottom side to clear different mounting lugs and are also adding set screws to the top of the mount to provide another adjustment point. Its worth the wait for me. I spent a lot of time grinding on the SHIELD mount to get it to fit my AP5-P, it's not coming off any time soon. I don't want to repeat that exercise again for my AP5
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Hk parts finally got the memo and made the rmr mount the way it should have come in the first place.  One tightening screw on each side and rmr/Holosun footprint.  I ordered mine already to see how I like it. It’s actually priced well too.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Hk parts finally got the memo and made the rmr mount the way it should have come in the first place.  One tightening screw on each side and rmr/Holosun footprint.  I ordered mine already to see how I like it. It’s actually priced well too.
https://i.imgur.com/3SSyNrJ.jpg
View Quote

What are they thinking not making one available for the 407K & 507K?
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:08:16 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes
https://i.imgur.com/3SSyNrJ.jpg

I prefer the larger rmr.  The k are too small for rifles I think.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 6:06:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CaptShiess] [#27]
I’m VERY happy with the new hk parts mount.  They should have come with an Allen and rmr mounting screws but whatever.  They are perfect!

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:14:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lil_Sig] [#28]
Ho Lee Foooooook, I just received the B&T Low mount. That thing is Amazing! At first I was like. OK it's clean light and low. Let's see how it fits.

I've had trouble installing the Chinese so called MKE mount that was a bitch to line up and get the screws in to the claws. Then the cheap Chinese Pot Metal claws stripped out. Then Century sent me replacement claws. They all stripped out. So I was like screw that POS!

Now the B&T. I put the two claws in on the solid driver side just a turn or two and popped it on. Without anything tightened. This thing went on like the most perfect jigsaw puzzle piece. Tick and it was on with zero movement. Inserted the other two screws slid the feet into place until I felt the screw land in the hole gave it a couple twists and voila! Lightly snug them up in a Criss-Cross pattern and continue to do so till it was good and snug. It was like damn this receiver and mount literally could not mate together any better.

Too bad it only gives you lower 1/3 co-witness and not true Co Witness. B&T needs to make the AimPoint micro mount that Botach makes with the true co-witness.

It just goes to show you that B&T makes damn good stuff.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I’m VERY happy with the new hk parts mount.  They should have come with an Allen and rmr mounting screws but whatever.  They are perfect!
https://i.imgur.com/0aTnKxN.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jOjnCLI.jpg
View Quote

@captshiess do you have a part number for that one? I ordered an mfi ultra low mount but would of prefered an rmr mount.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

@captshiess do you have a part number for that one? I ordered an mfi ultra low mount but would of prefered an rmr mount.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

It’s under the new products and there is only one so I don’t have a part number.  I took them out a week ago and sighted them in and I’m very happy with the setup.  It’s an excellent design.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 5:09:18 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

I got the package with the Holosun and the mount. I put it on and when I went to shoot it, it was absolutely dead nuts accurate.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 7:32:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#32]
Originally Posted By Princeton:
View Quote

Finally installed, perfect cowitness with a Primary Arms red dot:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes

Battle Steel HK Mounts
Specifications:
100% Made In USA

Back in stock now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:

Back in stock now.
View Quote

Thanks, in for one.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 11:39:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lil_Sig] [#35]
Small footprint 100% co-witness. This is the way

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:09:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Desert_Dog] [#36]
Deleted
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#37]
RMR mounts back in stock @ hkparts.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By cigardad:
RMR mounts back in stock @ hkparts.
View Quote

They also have a universal mount just like this one that can swap out optic plates.

I'm really digging this little mount on my AP5
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#39]
I used the universal one to mount my ACRO. I didn’t read the details close enough. The ACRO plate they sell is for the P1 not P2. It took a little dremel smithing to make it work.

Link Posted: 1/8/2024 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I got my Hk parts mount and got an extra Holosun installed, love it, great set up IMO.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm using an older Polymer Farrow Tech rear site mount on a NOS SW89 KFS (reverse stretch) receiver that I purchased from Wade Bailey on GB a couple years ago. It did not come with a rear sight.
I likely would not have tried this mount if it weren't for the missing sight, but I really like it with an RMR/holosun optic.
I don't miss BUISs because the optic window works well as a ghost sight with the front sight.
The newer Farrow Tech mounts made from aluminium look nice, too, but I'm actually happy with this polymer mount.

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Jmacken37:
https://i.imgur.com/FecnOk5.jpg?1
View Quote

Queston about your Lage stock set up...is that their folder mechanism or the ACE/Doublestar?
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By kwb377:

Queston about your Lage stock set up...is that their folder mechanism or the ACE/Doublestar?
View Quote

All Lage (except for aluminum adapter). I really love this stock!
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Jmacken37:

All Lage (except for aluminum adapter). I really love this stock!
View Quote

Thanks...I have a Lage stock with a Doublestar folding mechanism on my Sig P556 SBR, and the folder has developed a small amount of play. About to order another Lage for my Galil Ace and was thinking about trying their folding mechanism.

And to try and steer this back on topic...I have a Holosun 507C waiting to mount on my AP5 if USPS will ever deliver my HKP RMR mount that's been stagnant at their local main distribution annex for the last 3 days.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:48:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: topperharley40] [#45]
I just received my MFI HK-LOW-MP5K-SLOTS https://mfiap.com/i-23899698-mfi-special-scope-mount-for-hk-mp5k-to-have-greater-space-between-the-over-mold-cocking-handle-the-end-of-the-rail-also-fits-all-hk-mp5-variants-including-hk-sp5-all-clones-not-for-22-lr-price-includes-usps-priority-shipping-insurance.html

This is mounted to my MKE AP5.  

The finish and machining is high quality.  The clamps are captured with a retaining pin and swivel.  As you apply torque to the screws, it clamps and digs in harder.  Even though I have not shot with it yet, I'm pretty confident that it will never loosen.  I did add a tiny bit of locktite for added protection.  

There is a little gap between the receiver and mount, but they are even.  I like that it's extended so I can move my red dot back, instead of over the ejection port like most brands.  

My vote is for the MFI.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By topperharley40:
I just received my MFI HK-LOW-MP5K-SLOTS https://mfiap.com/i-23899698-mfi-special-scope-mount-for-hk-mp5k-to-have-greater-space-between-the-over-mold-cocking-handle-the-end-of-the-rail-also-fits-all-hk-mp5-variants-including-hk-sp5-all-clones-not-for-22-lr-price-includes-usps-priority-shipping-insurance.html

This is mounted to my MKE AP5.  https://imgur.com/a/pqxlMer

The finish and machining is high quality.  The clamps are captured with a retaining pin and swivel.  As you apply torque to the screws, it clamps and digs in harder.  Even though I have not shot with it yet, I'm pretty confident that it will never loosen.  I did add a tiny bit of locktite for added protection.  

There is a little gap between the receiver and mount, but they are even.  I like that it's extended so I can move my red dot back, instead of over the ejection port like most brands.  

My vote is for the MFI.
View Quote

Hope your mount is parallel with the bore.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:52:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

I’ve never had one loosen up, but I made sure I went as even as possible torquing the screws, and used a torque wrench.  They’re a bit of a pain but mine have been really really solid.
View Quote

After finding a few clones that MFI mounts simply wouldnt work with (definitely because the lugs were slightly out of spec, so not the fault of MFI), and one that simply refused to mount "level" (visibly canted to one side no matter what I did), I decided to try B&T mounts.

The B&T mount is superior in literally every way.  They mounted up even to the "out of spec" clones, and every one of them went on level.

They also include hardware that you can actually put torque on without stripping, and have ears that cover and protect the clamps.

Literally a better mount in every way over MFI, and I didn't have to dance around the install by loosening, tightening, loosening etc just to get them on square like I did with MFI.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top