Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2024 1:14:42 PM EDT
I have an AP-5, a PTR9-KT, and am thinking now I need an AP-5M to round out the collection.  Are these as fun as they look?  

If you have one, can let me know what you think of it, and maybe post a pic, especially if you've SBR'd it.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By kcobean:
I have an AP-5, a PTR9-KT, and am thinking now I need an AP-5M to round out the collection.  Are these as fun as they look?  

View Quote

If you currently have a PTR9-KT, the AP5M would be the same amount of fun...just without the 3-lug.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure as long as you’ll never need to have a threaded barrel, or tri lug to use a suppressor. The gun is cheaper than the P which has the tri lug/threaded barrel, & some buy it because it’s cheaper. Then they come here asking “how am I supposed to add a suppressor”? They saw the cheap price, & never noticed the naked barrel. They’re cheaper because most want the threaded barrel/tri lug. GARY
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I added one to my collection to make an old school version AOW.  Surprisingly easy to shoot with single point sling and push/pull technique.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes.  I have 2.  One is an AOW and the other an SBR.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#6]
If you've already got a 3-lug K, and a full-size, then sure. I have one of the older ATI ones and it's fun.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one and like it a lot. It's compact and has the iconic look of the original. It doesn't bother me that it doesn't have a threaded barrel. It's just a fun gun to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Are they still cheap?
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ve got the AP5-M, neat pistol that nicely fits in a backpack.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m6z:
Are they still cheap?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Prices look to have bottomed out late last year and are now headed back up.
If I remember right, Atlantic posted last year that the AP5-M was going to stop being imported and only AP5 and AP5-P were going to keep being brought into the country.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top