Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2024 8:53:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmt1271]
I've got an AGM Rattler V2 35/384 due here Thursday.

Planning to put it on an 11.5 inch Geissele build, but kind of considering trying to mount it on my CZ512 semi auto 22mag.

I have a pretty specific use case, in that I have an issue with foxes killing my chickens on my 10 acres. I have no shot over 105 yards. I'm thinking 22 mag will be more than sufficient for that.

My concern is the mounting. I've had Bering 35/384 thermals before and they were tricky to mount far enough back on traditional style rifles.

Looking at the AGM though it appears that the ADM mount positions the optic a little more rearward.

Can anyone confirm that these will work on a traditional style rifle?

I don't want to order the 90 dollar Pic rail if its not gonna work. Thanks, and this is the rifle in question.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:00:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I went this route for a similar scenario (pest clean up on a similar sized property) the distinction being I went for the tac model - works perfectly in that role, 4 inch MPBR is very close to 150m for your typical varmint type rounds.  Unfortunately, I believe the only honest solution is to go for a dovetail to pic rail adaptor if you want full flexibility and good eye relief with a well positioned thermal.  

22WMR, is underestimated but is very effective for this purpose and given there is zero recoil, you stay on target and can get away a follow up shot very quickly.  Also there is very little lee-way on a 10 acre property, in fact where I live the surrounding properties have horses in agistment so I wouldn't risk using my 223.  Obviously your circumstances may differ.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GroundhogOZ:
I went this route for a similar scenario (pest clean up on a similar sized property) the distinction being I went for the tac model - works perfectly in that role, 4 inch MPBR is very close to 150m for your typical varmint type rounds.  Unfortunately, I believe the only honest solution is to go for a dovetail to pic rail adaptor if you want full flexibility and good eye relief with a well positioned thermal.  

22WMR, is underestimated but is very effective for this purpose and given there is zero recoil, you stay on target and can get away a follow up shot very quickly.  Also there is very little lee-way on a 10 acre property, in fact where I live the surrounding properties have horses in agistment so I wouldn't risk using my 223.  Obviously your circumstances may differ.
View Quote

Thanks. I'm still trying to decide but may go this route.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top