Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2024 1:44:25 PM EDT
Any loading for 350 Legend?

I've only shot mine a bit with factory ammo but once I have a bit of brass piled up I'll start loading for it.

So far it seems inherently accurate. Anyone have any projos or loads they like?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:20:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Strikefirst] [#1]
I have used Ramshot Enforcer and Shooters world SBR Socom. 170 gr hornady interlok and 160 gr federal fusion blems from American reloading.

I am retesting the SBR loads and Enforcer after going heavier crimp. SBR was promising but I shot them in 30 mph winds...dumb... but we the only day I had to shoot.

Previously my best Loads out of a 16" Ballistic Advantage Hansen Barrel (only tried enforcer) were:

Virgin Starline brass
2.250 coal
Enough crimp to just remove the bell
160 gr fusion
25.4gr Enforcer
Average Velocity 2194
Group at 100yds 1.5"

170 gr hornady
25.4 gr Enforcer
Average Velocity 2269
Group 1.5"

Sd and Ed were vile hence retesting with more crimp.

My Dad's is a CMMG barrel I built him. Can't remember his loads. But out of a sled his shoots 1.5" 10 shot groups and a 2" 20 shot group. He uses Enforcer and starline brass.

Edit: cci450 primers
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Super helpful, thank you!

I just ordered some starline brass and some Lehigh projos to get the party started
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:54:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottyPotty] [#3]
300-mp and h110 are the powders I use. Maker 150gn and 125gn, 170gn tsx, loaded some 115gn fmj to 9mm to try.

I use Remington 7.5 primers and starline brass.

Loading for a bolt gun, I went way to high at 2600+ fps on.the 150gn copper bullets.  It shot MOA....but didn't do well on the two deer...(Besides killing them...lol).  I talked to the guy who made them and he thinks I ran them too fast and hurt bullet performance.

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I forgot to mention primers...cci 450's
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:44:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ScottyPotty:
300-mp and h110 are the powders I use. Maker 150gn and 125gn, 170gn tsx, loaded some 115gn fmj to 9mm to try.

I use Remington 7.5 primers and starline brass.

Loading for a bolt gun, I went way to high at 2600+ fps on.the 150gn copper bullets.  It shot MOA....but didn't do well on the two deer...(Besides killing them...lol).  I talked to the guy who made them and he thinks I ran them too fast and hurt bullet performance.

View Quote

Interesting on the copper bullets, they just didn't perform?

I just picked up some Lehigh 150 gr copper projos to play with.

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SpacemanSpiff:

Interesting on the copper bullets, they just didn't perform?

I just picked up some Lehigh 150 gr copper projos to play with.

View Quote
I shot 2 deer in the same spot (behind the sholder/lungs) @ around 60-80 yards.  Both deer had in/out holes the size of 9mm bullet.  I was thinking maybe the bullet petals broke off but the bullet mfg said since I didnt find any fragments that they probably folded over.  He said he never heard of anyone shooting them that fast...and how overloaded my rounds were...lol.

I dont know, but both deer ran further then I'm used to with a crappy blood trail.  But in the end I got 2 in the freezer with the 350L.  

I would be interested to see how the Lehigh preform.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Where can I find published data to have on hand .

I saved about 1500 winchester brass so far and i am gonna order hornady dies for the slliding bullet seater  

147 xtp  and Maker are the bullets I’ve seen fly the best from hand loaded cases
winchester fmj fly fantastic out of our bear creek and Faxon pistol barrels
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:23:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dryflash3] [#8]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm loading 27.4 of L'il Gun under a 170 Hornady JSP.

Haven't chrono'd them yet, but they did just fine on the 2 hogs I shot.

Gun's a 16" Franken-build I slapped together. It's got some teething issues, but they're working out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top