Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 2:23:23 PM EDT
I don’t own any 30 cal cans currently but with the short lead times, feel like it’s time to stock up.

The first 30 can will be for a 12.5 in 7.62 AR10 and maybe some light 5.56.  I was originally looking at the Otter Creek offerings but none in stock locally, then Ecco but none in stock locally.  I’m somewhat local to Capital Armory.  CA has the Nomad 30, Rugged Razor 7.62 and Omega 300 in stock.  I could have an Ecco transferred to them but by the time they add their fee, would be the same cost or close to it as the three I mentioned in stock.  

Any other options I should be looking at?  I’m not overly concerned with weight or length other than not wanting an 11in suppressor.

I will be getting more 30 cal cans so this first will not need to be the absolute best at everything.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:42:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#1]
Also consider the Explorr, Dual Lok, Dilligent Defense, Rex MG7k, Recce 7, Scythe, Chimera 300, and 30SDk. A lot of good/cool .30 cans these days. Hard part is finding them in stock.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#2]

CGS Helios QD Ti
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Rex
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Liberty Precision Anthem would be a good candidate.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I like my Yhm resonator. It has a stellite blast baffle that will help save your can if you shoot it a lot. I’ve never used anything else though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:27:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I was looking at the anthem s2 qd and the griffin orrerings. I wish there was some more info on the the anthem version 2. The Dual-lok 7 looks nice as does the explorr for weight.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:27:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Do you care about back pressure and whether it will be necessary to tune and/or modify the host gun?

I ask because a lot of AR10s are very overgassed to begin with, which will be exacerbated by a high back pressure suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
Also consider the Explorr, Dual Lok, Dilligent Defense, Rex MG7k, Recce 7, Scythe, Chimera 300, and 30SDk. A lot of good/cool .30 cans these days. Hard part is finding them in stock.
View Quote

Vote for Explorr 30. Taper mount or HUB options. 10.5oz. sounds great.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:57:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#10]
View Quote

Another to consider is the Energetic Arms Vox S
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By peachy:
Do you care about back pressure and whether it will be necessary to tune and/or modify the host gun?

I ask because a lot of AR10s are very overgassed to begin with, which will be exacerbated by a high back pressure suppressor.
View Quote

Or the HuxWrx Flow 7.62
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:

View Quote

Space metal works for me. Good for a short 308.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:36:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Surefire RC2 with a superlative arms adjustable gas block has worked for me on my 13" AR-10
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#14]
An often overlooked quality company is GSL.

GSL

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:33:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#15]

View Quote

I forgot about Energetic. I’d also consider the Velos 30 if it were for myself, but I’m cautious to recommend other people any flow-through type can that I haven’t personally used, because some of them are loud as &$@%, despite what internet folk say. The 5.56 Velos works really well on 5.56, and has a bore that passes a 7mm rod, so I suspect the 7.62 version will also be good. I don’t want to speculate too much yet, though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#16]
My shooting buddy uses a sandman S on a 12.5” mega 762
But that purchase was about 6yrs ago
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:13:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#17]

... I’m cautious to recommend other people any flow-through type can that I haven’t personally used, because some of them are loud as &$@%, despite what internet folk say.
View Quote

That's a good point. I try not to actually recommend any suppressor, because we all have different priorities and different things we think are necessary vs things we would tolerate.  I strongly suggest that everyone take every suppressor recommendation and do a lot of research on it before making a decision.  

Even if we all were to think can X is literally the best can ever made and is 100% better than every other suppressor we currently own, someone else out there would likely  disagree based on their own priorities.

(For example, I for one like flow through cans for the right use case (as long as they are not too heavy). But dBs are nowhere near my highest priority.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:31:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: QtrHorse] [#18]
Originally Posted By peachy:

View Quote

Not particularly, the rifle is currently set up slightly under gassed and could easily be tuned down more.  I should have said I was not needing a low back pressure can.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#19]
AB Raptor 8
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

I originally was not too concerned about weight until I was able to handle all the suppressors today.  The Alley Cat 308 and Scythe Ti are quite nice.  I think it will be between these two but the Scythe is winning because it uses standard hub threads instead of a proprietary muzzle device.  The Nomad was high on the list but it feels like you’re holding a brick compared to holding the two Ti options mentioned above.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#21]
With a 12.5” .308 I’d be more concerned with durability than splitting hairs over a few ounces. This from someone that typically prioritizes weight. That host is going to be rough on a Ti can.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Luny421:
With a 12.5” .308 I’d be more concerned with durability than splitting hairs over a few ounces. This from someone that typically prioritizes weight. That host is going to be rough on a Ti can.
View Quote

I thought it was rated for full auto fire but after looking at the SilencerCo website, it is not.  I don’t plan on running it full auto but now I’m back to more traditional built cans (heavy).  I don’t plan on leaving going this specific rifle through the woods, would be a stationary shooter.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I agree. But there are cans that should be a happy medium between the Nomad and the Scythe.  The Explorr, or the Vox S for example.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#24]

I agree. But there are cans that should be a happy medium between the Nomad and the Scythe.  The Explorr, or the Vox S for example.
View Quote

When I saw “12.5” .308” I immediately went to the Vox S or K, just for the abuse factor.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:37:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#25]

When I saw “12.5” .308” I immediately went to the Vox S or K, just for the abuse factor.
View Quote

Same

Plus you have the piece of mind that EA can replace the entire can due to their ID ring.

Heck, could even try the EA Peak and see how long you can go with it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Rex MG7K will also hold up to that no problem.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#27]
My choices were a YHM Resonator R2, Diligent Defense Enticer L, and a Rex Silentium MG7.     Any of them would work, if you can find them in stock.     The Rex MG7 is a shorter "K" can so it's not as quiet as the others.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By VaFish:
My choices were a YHM Resonator R2, Diligent Defense Enticer L, and a Rex Silentium MG7.     Any of them would work, if you can find them in stock.     The Rex MG7 is a shorter "K" can so it's not as quiet as the others.
View Quote

Enticer S should work well too and be a little shorter than the L (it’s 6.75”). I have the Titanium version—not what you’d want for this application—and I’m very impressed so far.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:

Enticer S should work well too and be a little shorter than the L (it’s 6.75”). I have the Titanium version—not what you’d want for this application—and I’m very impressed so far.
View Quote

I wanted quieter and weight wasn't really a concern.  I use it for hunting, but I rarely walk more than a mile from the truck.  Most of the time only a few hundred yards because the properties are so small. And I got the Rex MG7 as smaller lighter can.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:57:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By VaFish:
View Quote

The Enticer L has a 14.5 308 barrel restriction.  I will be using this on a 12.5in barrel.  Im surprised at the 14.5 restriction at its weight/ build type.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:11:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Saker 762
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:21:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Rugged SurgeX might be another good fit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:37:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
Rex MG7K will also hold up to that no problem.
View Quote
i abuse one regularly on a couple of short 7.52x51 guns and a short 7.62x39 gun

it offers decent suppression for a large bore k can
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:

The Enticer L has a 14.5 308 barrel restriction.  I will be using this on a 12.5in barrel.  Im surprised at the 14.5 restriction at its weight/ build type.
View Quote

I did not realize that.   I don't have a 12.5 .308, but I didn't think the Enticer had barrel length restrictions.  Must have confused with the Rex.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:19:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: QtrHorse] [#37]
Originally Posted By kedminster:

Thank you for the shout outs!

Would definitely recommend the Vox S for frequent high volume/rate shooting if that is OP's style. If they aren't looking to push it to the absolute extreme the Peak30 would handle this no problem as well. As you mention, we would have OP covered either way with the lifetime warranty and same day re-cores with the serial ID ring.

Karl Edminster
Ring Master
Energetic Armament
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kedminster:

Same

Plus you have the piece of mind that EA can replace the entire can due to their ID ring.

Heck, could even try the EA Peak and see how long you can go with it.

Thank you for the shout outs!

Would definitely recommend the Vox S for frequent high volume/rate shooting if that is OP's style. If they aren't looking to push it to the absolute extreme the Peak30 would handle this no problem as well. As you mention, we would have OP covered either way with the lifetime warranty and same day re-cores with the serial ID ring.

Karl Edminster
Ring Master
Energetic Armament

Highly doubt this rifle would ever see volume/ high rate of fire, definitely never going to see mag dumps.  If it does, it would only be very minimal.

Thank you for chiming in.  Some of the manufactures are willing to take the time to respond to phone calls, emails and even forums, I always appreciate that.  I was going to buy from another one of the non big ticket manufactures but could not get a simple email response.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:37:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#38]
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:

Highly doubt this rifle would ever see volume/ high rate of fire, definitely never going to see mag dumps.  If it does, it would only be very minimal.

Thank you for chiming in.  Some of the manufactures are willing to take the time to respond to phone calls, emails and even forums, I always appreciate that.  I was going to buy from another one of the non big ticket manufactures but could not get a simple email response.
View Quote

EA and Griffin both regularly contribute on the forum here and are very helpful. Plus they take time out to share their knowledge which is really cool and interesting.  

Take a look at post #44 in the following thread link. It shows how an EA can is repaired. It convinced me that I needed more EA cans in my life.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Front-fell-off/20-548592/
Top Top