Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2024 6:01:54 PM EDT
I submitted my first eForm 1 in mid January this year (Trust 2rp) I'm still waiting on approval but I wanted to make two other sbr's. I'm wondering if I should wait for the first one to get approved for the 24month exception or just submit the other two without it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:45:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: seand1111] [#1]
I don’t know if it’s faster or not. I used my 24mo letter for the first time on my 12th and 13th SBR and it took 2 weeks. The next time I used it took 2 days. I have it submitted for the 3rd time and it’s been in there for a week now.

I guess the point is, it will happen when it happens.

Edit: Most recent approved today, 3/5.  So 9 day turnaround.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#2]
24 month exemptions aren’t any faster. They take longer to process than a normal trust submission with a copy of the trust provided according to ATF.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By seand1111:
I don’t know if it’s faster or not. I used my 24mo letter for the first time on my 12th and 13th SBR and it took 2 weeks. The next time I used it took 2 days. I have it submitted for the 3rd time and it’s been in there for a week now.

View Quote

What is the 24 month letter??? I havent heard of anyone mentionin this before, can you explain it???
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:41:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By PJ65C:

What is the 24 month letter??? I havent heard of anyone mentionin this before, can you explain it???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PJ65C:
Originally Posted By seand1111:

Instead of submitting a complete copy of your trust with a Form 1/4 submission. You can instead submit a signed 24 month exemption letter stating your trust hasn’t changed. It’s been said it could “help speed up process times”.

ATF says it slows it down.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

Instead of submitting a complete copy of your trust with a Form 1/4 submission. You can instead submit a signed 24 month exemption letter stating your trust hasn’t changed. It’s been said it could “help speed up process times”.

https://i.imgur.com/DZI01Z2.jpeg

View Quote

Thanks for the info. I havent heard of that before yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

Instead of submitting a complete copy of your trust with a Form 1/4 submission. You can instead submit a signed 24 month exemption letter stating your trust hasn't changed. It's been said it could "help speed up process times".

https://i.imgur.com/DZI01Z2.jpeg

View Quote
Thanks. Always thought it was to make it faster as they didn't need to review the trust.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top