BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2024 10:05:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd just take the mag tube cap off, pull the spring out, and see what's going on.

Who's spring and follow is it?  Provided by them or you?
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:27:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dntama] [#3]
Bend end of spring into a loop to fit in magazine follower. If it keeps popping out or binding replace spring and or follower.

Honestly I have wasted a lot of money on unnecessary shotgun mag followers and springs. A simple OEM  closed end follower would not have had this problem.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:48:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stahlgewehr762] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dntama:...A simple OEM  closed end follower would not have had this problem.
View Quote

This is the way...replace the follower with one which either has a closed end, or a tiny "vent" hole. Also, inspect the end of the spring for damage.

That poorly-designed follower's large hole was just asking for the spring to migrate through, as it did.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I always wondered if that happened on those open followers.  Ask for a replacement spring, obviously something is off with it.  As everyone else has stated, get a solid follower to eliminate this from happening.  A plastic solid follower are pretty cheap and indestructible.  For not much more, you can get a fancy metal one.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:19:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ihon:
I always wondered if that happened on those open followers.  Ask for a replacement spring, obviously something is off with it.  As everyone else has stated, get a solid follower to eliminate this from happening.  A plastic solid follower are pretty cheap and indestructible.  For not much more, you can get a fancy metal one.
View Quote

Yeah, that's what I would do.

I've had that same follower in an 870 for probably five years now.  Thousands of rounds, or dummies, through it with no issues.

Or get a Wilson Combat green follower and spring.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:23:13 AM EDT
[#8]
What kind of screwed up follower is that? I thought Vang Comp was pretty good stuff. That thing is just a malfunction waiting to happen as the OP found out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By thebert:
What kind of screwed up follower is that? I thought Vang Comp was pretty good stuff. That thing is just a malfunction waiting to happen as the OP found out.
View Quote
I believe the thinking behind it is so that you can feel the follower to check if the gun is empty by feeling the hole. But in reality, if the spring is not coiled at the end, you'll have this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top