User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wet tumbling is not a big deal after you get your stash built up.  

View Quote

Yup!  I keep about 5000 9mm, 2000 .45, 3000 .223, 1000 300 BO and 1000 .308 on hand and, clean and ready to load.  I tend to process my brass in my wet tumbler in large batches.  I let the dirty stuff sit around until I have enough to run a batch, then knock it out and stockpile it.  Its nice when you load and you just pour some in the case feeder and start loading.  :)
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yup!  I keep about 5000 9mm, 2000 .45, 3000 .223, 1000 300 BO and 1000 .308 on hand and, clean and ready to load.  I tend to process my brass in my wet tumbler in large batches.  I let the dirty stuff sit around until I have enough to run a batch, then knock it out and stockpile it.  Its nice when you load and you just pour some in the case feeder and start loading.  :)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wet tumbling is not a big deal after you get your stash built up.  

Exactly what I do.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I load a lot. Shoot about 15k a year, most of which I load. I've always done dry but tried one of the 'big dawg tumblers' to do wet tumbling. I got the huge one, loaded I think it's 80#. It's amazing. It's like having brand new brass. Press slicked up, less wear and tear on dies, no dust, no media all over my damn bench. With the big one I can polish a good 3-4k 9mm at least.

I won't go back.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:26:19 PM EDT
[#4]
When I am shooting a ton of rounds for fun or practice I'll either not clean them at all or just use a vibrating corn cob/walnut media tumbler. When I'm loading for competition or for storage, I wet tumble them with stainless steel pins, lemi-shine, and a squirt of dish soap. That turns the nastiest range brass into bright shiny new brass, and cleans out the primer pockets too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#5]
A note on the time issue:

I've noticed with dry tumbling that it takes me many many hours to get clean shiny brass (if that's what I'm going for).

With the wet tumbler, tumbling time is less than half of the dry tumbler. If I'm pressed for time, I put them on a cookie sheet and bake them in the oven on the lowest heat and they're completely dry in like 20 minutes.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top