Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/9/2015 2:45:51 PM EDT
if not then...

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
MSAR is gonna get right on that,  just two more weeks...

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:54:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL.  

Nothing available to the public yet.  I suspect we might see some things next year.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt322/kkep524/0114091920.jpg

LOL.  

Nothing available to the public yet.  I suspect we might see some things next year.  

is MSAR still in business?

So, would this be for a TAVOR or AUG??????
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 2:39:21 AM EDT
[#4]
OP is a Genius!
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Msar is no longer in business.  Actually the MCS in the above picture was a rapid prototype and never developed to thr point of a working gun.
Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Kinda like the rest of their stuff
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
if not then...

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
View Quote

Because the increased barrel length of a bullpup for a given package size has no real velocity advantage for most pistol cartridges.
If you're going to be under 26", you're into SBR territory and you've got tons of SBR options that don't give up much velocity.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:    Actually the MCS in the above picture was a rapid prototype and never developed to thr point of a working gun.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Did you just say that beautiful PCC was 3-D printed?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

The fact that this never made it to market makes puppies cry.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Because the increased barrel length of a bullpup for a given package size has no real velocity advantage for most pistol cartridges.
If you're going to be under 26", you're into SBR territory and you've got tons of SBR options that don't give up much velocity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
if not then...

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

And yet a short barrel rifle can be even shorter in a bullpup configuration.

There are also a shitload of people who don't have the ability to go the SBR route.

There are tons of reasons for a PCC bullpup.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There are also a shitload of people who don't have the ability to go the SBR route.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
if not then...

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I don't know about 'tons'...

Now I HAVE played with the design of a super short pistol caliber bullpup with a dedicated suppressor inside the body.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:   Now I HAVE played with the design of a super short pistol caliber bullpup with a dedicated suppressor inside the body.
View Quote

Pics,  man, pics!  
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Pics,  man, pics!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:   Now I HAVE played with the design of a super short pistol caliber bullpup with a dedicated suppressor inside the body.

Pics,  man, pics!  

Nothing worth showing, too many other projects / ideas
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics,  man, pics!  

I beg to differ with you, good sir.  Your own dog recognizes your genius, as displayed in your avatar.  Surely you can @ least give us some screen shots from CAD, or some iPotato photos from your junk bin?  Now, if you were going to patent it and shop it around for production, we understand fully...
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I beg to differ with you, good sir.  Your own dog recognizes your genius, as displayed in your avatar.  Surely you can @ least give us some screen shots from CAD, or some iPotato photos from your junk bin?  Now, if you were going to patent it and shop it around for production, we understand fully...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics,  man, pics!  

It was just rough sketches looking at packaging, and maybe a little super long GG / Colt stick mag wizardry with a HK G11-style rotating loading block...
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:55:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

LOL.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.  

I understand Ratworx has a waiting list...

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:12:47 AM EDT
[#17]
I would definitely be interested in a 9mm PCC bull pup that took Glock mags,

26" over all. 16" barrel

Preferably with a rail of a height appropriate to allow use of readily existing AR optics and mounts.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:36:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Now I HAVE played with the design of a super short pistol caliber bullpup with a dedicated suppressor inside the body.
View Quote

chub mode engaged

seriously though, I would be interested in a SBR bullpup 9mm.  Even w/ a longish 9mm barrel it would be shourter than a conventional lay out and be quiter for all the extra barrel length.  

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

chub mode engaged

seriously though, I would be interested in a SBR bullpup 9mm.  Even w/ a longish 9mm barrel it would be shourter than a conventional lay out and be quiter for all the extra barrel length.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

chub mode engaged

This meets almost every requirement of yours. You really can't get shorter.
Ever shot a skorpian? My SOT has an original pre sample, beside being a fountain of tiny brass, the stock truly is too short to shoulder. You get too short of a package and ergonomics go out the wndow...

Forgot the picture.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.  

First I laughed.

Then I remembered that I was on that list.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ever shot a skorpian? My SOT has an original pre sample, beside being a fountain of tiny brass, the stock truly is too short to shoulder. You get too short of a package and ergonomics go out the wndow...

Forgot the picture.

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/images/roni-g1-g18c-kit_5.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

chub mode engaged

Forgot the picture.

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/images/roni-g1-g18c-kit_5.jpg

is that a 17 or a 19 in there?  Gen 3 or 4?  That enclosure doesn't seem to induce any stoppages?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

is that a 17 or a 19 in there?  Gen 3 or 4?  That enclosure doesn't seem to induce any stoppages?
View Quote

Looks like a gem 3 G19, but is probably airsoft. There is an airlsoft version of blocks, and the RONI stock, so it's entirely probable given that the picture I found on google comes from an airsoft site. Toys aside, the firearm version is supposed to work pretty good. I'd like to get one, but can't see the benefit of a SBR block pistol...
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

First I laughed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.  

First I laughed.

Yup...I think I was number 47 or something like that.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

26" over all. 16" barrel

Preferably with a rail of a height appropriate to allow use of readily existing AR optics and mounts.
View Quote

It's on Desert Tech's to-do list for the MDR.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:56:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 2:29:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just to clarify, I did not mean we will see the MCS from MSAR next year, but rather we might see some Glock mag fed bullpups appear from other sources next year.  

Sorry if my comments led to any confusion!  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Cant get a tavor to run 9mm from glock mags?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 2:54:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just to clarify, I did not mean we will see the MCS from MSAR next year, but rather we might see some Glock mag fed bullpups appear from other sources next year.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

please clarify.  Are you talking about a totally new bullpup hat uses glock mags?  

OR, are you talking about a kit or whagever to allow glock mags to feed ammo into an existing bullpup platform?

If the latter, which one?  Aug or Tavor?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#28]
GK Tactical has had a Glock-mag bullpup in development for a while, and they were aiming to have it at the bullpup shoot in the fall. I don't know if they're on track for that, but they're still going at it last I checked.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 12:26:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We emailed them about Bullpup Shoot some time ago, but haven't heard back from them, so I do not know what is going on with their project.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GK Tactical has had a Glock-mag bullpup in development for a while, and they were aiming to have it at the bullpup shoot in the fall. I don't know if they're on track for that, but they're still going at it last I checked.

We emailed them about Bullpup Shoot some time ago, but haven't heard back from them, so I do not know what is going on with their project.

might that possibly be ambii?
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Toys aside, the firearm version is supposed to work pretty good. I'd like to get one, but can't see the benefit of a SBR block pistol...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Toys aside, the firearm version is supposed to work pretty good. I'd like to get one, but can't see the benefit of a SBR block pistol...

If your EDC is a Glock, the Roni kit might be an interesting light-weight addition to a truck, camping or get home bag.
Other than for shits and grins, that's all I've got on that one - wouldn't mind playing w/one, but the Roni setup is $$ + stamp, no?
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If your EDC is a Glock, the Roni kit might be an interesting light-weight edition to a truck, camping or get home bag.
Other than for shits and grins, that's all I've got on that one - wouldn't mind playing w/one, but the Roni setup is $$ + stamp, no?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  is that a 17 or a 19 in there?  Gen 3 or 4?  That enclosure doesn't seem to induce any stoppages?

If your EDC is a Glock, the Roni kit might be an interesting light-weight edition to a truck, camping or get home bag.

Yes.  Roni & it's competitors are available for a number of different SBR'd pistols.  However, before you SBR it, if it's made overseas, you now also have to comply w/ 922r.    Which makes it much cheaper to SBR US made pistols.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
if not then...

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I hear ya, but a hot 10mm would start making it interesting.  Also surprised there isn't more in the 300BO.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

26" over all. 16" barrel

I wish those boys would hurry up and just get the standard rifle version released already.

I'm probably more excited about that rifle than I have been about any other rifle.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

please clarify.  Are you talking about a totally new bullpup hat uses glock mags?  

OR, are you talking about a kit or whagever to allow glock mags to feed ammo into an existing bullpup platform?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

I'd like to see a platform that is designed around the system.

One of my objections to the 9mm Tavor, is that it is a heavy bitch for what it is.   Something designed around the 9mm round could be a lot lighter.

Whatever this mystery project is, I hope it is some sort of locked breach design, rather than blowback.   Blowback is simple to design and cheaper to manufacture, but it sucks.  The perceived recoil is more significant, and it blows for suppressor use.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:15:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

One of my objections to the 9mm Tavor, is that it is a heavy bitch for what it is.   Something designed around the 9mm round could be a lot lighter.

Whatever this mystery project is, I hope it is some sort of locked breach design, rather than blowback.   Blowback is simple to design and cheaper to manufacture, but it sucks.  The perceived recoil is more significant, and it blows for suppressor use.
View Quote

amen

I almost got one of those mech tech uppers but it turns out they kick a lot, are heavy as fuck, and they babalce horribly b/c of the super massive telescopic bolt.  They do supposedly suppress well, in some chamberings though, as they have a super slow heavy bolt.  

But to your point, yes, some sort of locked breech is better and can be lighter over all weight as well as less reciprocationg mass and quieter.  Would love something gas operated or delayed blowback/roller locker in a bullpup layout.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:03:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey, that's my pic!

I remember Tony was kinda pissed when I posted that back when I worked there.

Still wish he kept the design a side eject rather than trying to make the bottom ejection work. Probably would have actually made it to production and would have sold thousands of them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#39]
actually, this is making me think about getting a Beretta storm carbine made to work w/ breretta 92 mags.  Probalbl as close to a light bull pup locked breech 9mm as we are ever going to get...
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Hey, that's my pic!

Still wish he kept the design a side eject rather than trying to make the bottom ejection work. Probably would have actually made it to production and would have sold thousands of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, that's my pic!

Google never forgets.

You're the second or third result for "MSAR glock", you're famous.

I would have bought one, so would have many many others. Probably would have saved the company - or not, who knows...
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 6:46:30 AM EDT
[#41]
My dream is for Glock to make a Bullpup. Could you imagine a 10mm?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 7:37:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

MSAR was going to make one of theirs in 10mm. Also 45 and 40.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even when they ere around I never considered anything from them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Google never forgets.

I would have bought one, so would have many many others. Probably would have saved the company - or not, who knows...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, that's my pic!

Google never forgets.

I had actually purchased a bunch of 30 rd Glock mags, and a spare MSAR integrated scope, hoping to use them on that.  I wonder if the scope is worth anything now.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

meh.   Tony was a shitbird.   My MSAR was a great rifle though.   Side by side, it's actually sexier than my Aug, the machining is cleaner, the flash suppressor and locknut are prettier, the fluted barrel improves the balance, and the integrated optic looks right.   Even the new Aug has those clunky ass rails that look like shit on the optic.   The only problem it ever gave me was the mag-release, which was fixed promptly.

If Tony had made it 100% interchangeable with the Aug, and hadn't been a douche, they'd be going strong today.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I had actually purchased a bunch of 30 rd Glock mags, and a spare MSAR integrated scope, hoping to use them on that.  I wonder if the scope is worth anything now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, that's my pic!

Google never forgets.

Probably be worth a bit if it holds zero.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:09:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Here's a bullpup SBR.

Put an ALG 6 second mount on it and you're set.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 3:12:03 AM EDT
[#48]
yeah, I have one of htose endo tac stocks. I'm not crazy about it.  It is solid but w/ the G21 I find myself wishing I had somewher out front to hold the muzzle down with my off hand.

Think I am going to order the KPOS enclosure. a few on htere have them and swear by their reliability.  I hear the trick is to use full size frames and to use gen 3 glocks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:30:26 AM EDT
[#49]
I dunno if gen3 is super important, but I can confirm that I've never heard of a chassis setup running 100% on a semi-compact or compact frame Glock... guessing it's because the ejection port isn't positioned quite right.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:26:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
yeah, I have one of htose endo tac stocks. I'm not crazy about it.  It is solid but w/ the G21 I find myself wishing I had somewher out front to hold the muzzle down with my off hand.

Think I am going to order the KPOS enclosure. a few on htere have them and swear by their reliability.  I hear the trick is to use full size frames and to use gen 3 glocks.
View Quote

I've always wondered about that. I've never handled and ENDO glock but it would definitely be odd to have both your hands gripping in the same spot.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top