Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/23/2016 12:10:59 AM EDT
The 41P excitement has caused me to think about SBRs and I decided to add a Zenith clone to the my kid's inheritance package.  Which model do you recommend to a H&K newb the RS or P model.  This will also be suppressed.  I was planning to go with the standard MP5 (RS) type, but it seems like there is a lot of regret from owners not starting with the P (MP5K).  Your wisdom would be most appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:20:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I went with the K because I love the foregrip and the gun balances MUCH better with a suppressor attached than the full size does. With the B&T folding stock or the Choate folding stock, the K is super compact and really nice for transport.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went with the K because I love the foregrip and the gun balances MUCH better with a suppressor attached than the full size does. With the B&T folding stock or the Choate folding stock, the K is super compact and really nice for transport.
View Quote

what is the overall length with a typical sbr stock on the K setup...and a pic if you do not mind
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

what is the overall length with a typical sbr stock on the K setup...and a pic if you do not mind
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't own a Choate stock, but with the B&T long stock it's 23.75". With the Choate stock, it would be right around 23.25". You could round either to 23.5".

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't own a Choate stock, but with the B&T long stock it's 23.75". With the Choate stock, it would be right around 23.25". You could round either to 23.5".

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/generalpurpose87/DSCN3236u_zpstu43rhvn.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/generalpurpose87/DSCN3236u_zpstu43rhvn.jpg

Thanks, I am narrowed down to the scorpion or a zenith MP5. If I could only handle both that would be nice to figure it out
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks, I am narrowed down to the scorpion or a zenith MP5. If I could only handle both that would be nice to figure it out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know the answer: The Scorpion will never be an MP5.

For what it's worth, I had never shot an MP5 before I bought my Zenith. I'm over the moon with how nice it is to shoot. The action is just phenomenally smooth, and the gun is so much fun to shoot because of it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 3 year old Dakota Tactical D54 on a form one. I think a Scorpion will never match the MP5 clones (well built ones). I am toying with upgrading my A2 stock to a B&T or a slider, I just don't know its a lot of money I can spend on mags instead , I can't shoot one with an optic just feels weird
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:08:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to jack the thread, but I've been considering a clone as well. How would Dakota, Zenith and any other manufactures rank in order of QUALITY?

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The 41P excitement has caused me to think about SBRs and I decided to add a Zenith clone to the my kid's inheritance package.  Which model do you recommend to a H&K newb the RS or P model.  This will also be suppressed.  I was planning to go with the standard MP5 (RS) type, but it seems like there is a lot of regret from owners not starting with the P (MP5K).  Your wisdom would be most appreciated.
View Quote

I think it comes down to the stock. If you want to use an A3 stock go the RS model, if not the K seems to be the favorite
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I opted for the Z-5RS.

I'm pretty much good with one MP5 pattern gun and have always wanted the original MP5.

I did put an A3 stock on it, with a SF front end. The gun has been 100% since day one with about 2500 down the pipe.

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm going with the MP5K sized since I figure the full size MP5 is already pretty close in size to my AK/AR SBRs. The K being tiny and compact differentiates it enough from what I have already. And it's not like 9mm gets a huge performance boost from the barrel length increase anyways.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm going with the MP5K sized since I figure the full size MP5 is already pretty close in size to my AK/AR SBRs. The K being tiny and compact differentiates it enough from what I have already. And it's not like 9mm gets a huge performance boost from the barrel length increase anyways.
View Quote

Its a tough decision, I spent a lot of time going back and forth.  I like the MP5 look, but I know I will dig the shorter profile.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Atlantic Firearms currently has the Zeniths on sale.  Just pick one up.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

this is kind of where i am.  my g36c has a 9 inch barrel.  i am torn between the MKE "RS" and the K.  i really like the idea of a full size mp5 and the A3 stock but its going to be a an SBR so idk if i want the K or not.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I have both models and although the k is my favorite, the full size is excellent too.  I also have a scorpion Sbr and it is cool, but like others have said, it will never be a MP5.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have both models and although the k is my favorite, the full size is excellent too.  I also have a scorpion Sbr and it is cool, but like others have said, it will never be a MP5.
View Quote

What type of differences do you see in shooting the MP5 pair other than accuracy?
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:47:41 PM EDT
[#16]
BTW if you are looking for a subgun can, I spoke to Gemtech today and they are only doing a single run of their MK-9K can for the year, and they are doing it right now.  They said that Silencer Shop bought them all up.  I contacted Silencer Shop and they don't even have pricing in their system yet, so they told me to watch the emails for an upcoming announcement.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
BTW if you are looking for a subgun can, I spoke to Gemtech today and they are only doing a single run of their MK-9K can for the year, and they are doing it right now.  They said that Silencer Shop bought them all up.  I contacted Silencer Shop and they don't even have pricing in their system yet, so they told me to watch the emails for an upcoming announcement.  
View Quote

Gemtech's new management better unfuck this situation
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:40:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AMEN dude! Only a single run?!
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 3:14:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this a niche can, but I did make a comment about how 41F is driving forward consumption and a lot of people are adding subguns to their trust before the new rule goes into effect.  I would assume that many of them will also be looking to suppress.  Surely I am not the only one!  
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:50:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think this a niche can, but I did make a comment about how 41F is driving forward consumption and a lot of people are adding subguns to their trust before the new rule goes into effect.  I would assume that many of them will also be looking to suppress.  Surely I am not the only one!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They produce rifle cans that are priced out of the market and refuse to make subgun cans that sell like hotcakes
ETA: I think Engineer had some comments about artificially controlling supply and demand. Seems spot on
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They produce rifle cans that are priced out of the market and refuse to make subgun cans that sell like hotcakes
ETA: I think Engineer had some comments about artificially controlling supply and demand. Seems spot on
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We were told that it was brought to management's attention. I guess we'll see...

My local guy is checking his distributors for one but if it's true about a single run going to SS, I guess we know where I'll be looking.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We were told that it was brought to management's attention. I guess we'll see...

My local guy is checking his distributors for one but if it's true about a single run going to SS, I guess we know where I'll be looking.
View Quote

Thanks Engineer, can you let us know what you find out?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Will do. And just to get back on track, I got a POF full size first (Z5RS equivalent) because I grew up idolizing Die Hard, but I did pick up a Z5P from this ongoing sale.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:37:27 AM EDT
[#24]
MP5 = you love 80s action movies and/or have a sear

MP5K = you want a smaller (and cooler) semi auto 9mm SBR
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Haha, too true
<-- 90s baby, lusting after a K and reverse stretch
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

That's a load of shit.....the original MP5 is ALWAYS in fashion.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Is it true or false that the Z5-P is unable to accept an A3 retractable stock or is this misinformation i read in a thread from another site?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Is it true or false that the Z5-P is unable to accept an A3 retractable stock or is this misinformation i read in a thread from another site?
View Quote

I've been told it cannot
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:25:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Can't take the retractable stock due to the receiver reinforcement tabs welded to the rear of the receiver.  Folders for the "P" guys.  But i am still undecided if i am going retractable or B&T Folder on my Z-5RS, i have an A3 F 4-position stock already, but i think the regular fixed stock or B&T folder will be more comfortable, but the retractable has the "cool" look...............damnit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can't take the retractable stock due to the receiver reinforcement tabs welded to the rear of the receiver.  Folders for the "P" guys.  But i am still undecided if i am going retractable or B&T Folder on my Z-5RS, i have an A3 F 4-position stock already, but i think the regular fixed stock or B&T folder will be more comfortable, but the retractable has the "cool" look...............damnit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#31]
You fellas want a reverse stretch gun to take the normal MP5 stocks. Zenith has brought in a true "K" variant.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I think I hate you guys.  Now I kinda "have to have" a Zenith clone...  My bank account and my wife disagree, of course, but that's how it usually goes.

So if I understand correctly, a standard "fixed" MP5 stock will fit, and a folding stock will fit, but the retractable stocks won't because of lack of clearance on the receiver.  Am I right?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think I hate you guys.  Now I kinda "have to have" a Zenith clone...  My bank account and my wife disagree, of course, but that's how it usually goes.

So if I understand correctly, a standard "fixed" MP5 stock will fit, and a folding stock will fit, but the retractable stocks won't because of lack of clearance on the receiver.  Am I right?
View Quote

For which model? The Z5RS will accept fixed, collapsible and side folders.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I was looking at the Z5P, being the traditionalist I am.  The RS is "stretched"...  What does that mean, anyway?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I was looking at the Z5P, being the traditionalist I am.  The RS is "stretched"...  What does that mean, anyway?
View Quote

The RS is the standard full size mp5. No clue why they called it the RS
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:09:43 AM EDT
[#36]
I went with the RS:

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:10:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regular Sized is what I've heard...
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't tell if they originally intended to bring in a Reverse Stretch but brought in the full size based on the advice they got from MKE.

https://youtu.be/rV1rsKsKuys?t=14m43s

14:43 in the video
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:28:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Anyone having reliability issues? Thread on hkpro about ftf and fte with brass somehow ending up in the fire control group.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Anyone having reliability issues? Thread on hkpro about ftf and fte with brass somehow ending up in the fire control group.
View Quote

My Z-5RS has been literally 100% reliable.

Granted, sample size: 1.

That being said, the gun is fantastic in every way.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#41]
I have both a full size and K that are now SBRs. I had a few FTE with mine when I first got them but I stripped them down and gave them a really good cleaning of all packing oil/grease. They have been 100% reliable suppressed and unsuppressed since then. I think they all need a good cleaning and few break in rounds in my opinion, the shipping oil was fairly thick in places.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:15:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have both a full size and K that are now SBRs. I had a few FTE with mine when I first got them but I stripped them down and gave them a really good cleaning of all packing oil/grease. They have been 100% reliable suppressed and unsuppressed since then. I think they all need a good cleaning and few break in rounds in my opinion, the shipping oil was fairly thick in places.
View Quote

Do you regret getting both, or enjoy them equally?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Im really happy I got both and Form 1 them. I think if I had one I would eventually want the other. That being said the K has the cool factor and its awesome to have such a small package you can toss in you range bag. The full-size is definitely smoother shooting and with A2 stock much more comfortable to get a good sight picture. If I had to only keep one it would probably be the full-size.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#44]
As always, correct answer is to get both!

Here are mine:

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quick question for those of you that have sucessfully completed the form 1 process.  It has always been my undestanding that the model number on the form must match the model engraved/stamped on the receiver.  However, on these guns it appears most are submitting and getting approved using Z-5P or Z-5RS.  I am still waiting for mine but the photos i've seen dont show the "-".  Is there a concensus on the accepted model #?

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quick question for those of you that have sucessfully completed the form 1 process.  It has always been my undestanding that the model number on the form must match the model engraved/stamped on the receiver.  However, on these guns it appears most are submitting and getting approved using Z-5P or Z-5RS.  I am still waiting for mine but the photos i've seen dont show the "-".  Is there a concensus on the accepted model #?

View Quote

“MKE Turkey” is the manufacturer in 4a, and the model for 4d needs to be ”MKE Z 5RS” or ”MKE Z 5P”.

I originally put down ”Z-5RS” and they sent it back to me for corrections.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

“MKE Turkey” is the manufacturer in 4a, and the model for 4d needs to be ”MKE Z 5RS” or ”MKE Z 5P”.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you, that's exactly what I thought would happen on mine.  Sorry to see your's was delayed but thankful for the clarification.  I would have never thought to add MKE to the model number.  Looks like what happened with the early Scorpion form 1's.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Thank you, that's exactly what I thought would happen on mine.  Sorry to see your's was delayed but thankful for the clarification.  I would have never thought to add MKE to the model number.  Looks like what happened with the early Scorpion form 1's.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad to help!
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#49]
I hate to have to ask, but how hard is it to keep in compliance with 922r using a Zenith gun?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Cheapest route is to swap out US made rear stock, hand guard, trigger, sear, hammer, and cocking handle.  If you want to use a B&T rear stock, you can add mag floor plates.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top