User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just called SteyrArms. They are planning on making tons of STG77
View Quote
Is this a for seriously thing, or a not for seriously thing?
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:04:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just called SteyrArms. They are planning on making tons of STG77
View Quote
If this is real... I will be very happy
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Is this an attempt at dry pan humor?
View Quote
No, the poster quoted likes to sensationalize things.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I talked to the people I know. Stg77's are a one time deal and are planned for discontinuation when steyr is finished with the anniversary gun run.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I talked to the people I know. Stg77's are a one time deal and are planned for discontinuation when steyr is finished with the anniversary gun run.
View Quote
Makes most sense.

Some just like to stir the pot.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, but "Stg77's" CAN be a one time deal...But they didn't say anything about a non-railed-optic "M1 A4" did they...

Edited to clarify: No I never heard of a "non-railed-optic M1 A4" being planned or otherwise, just pointing out the obvious devil's advocate detail here...
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
1. Please be clear if you are actually telling the truth, or just sarcastically joking.

2. Since this is a tech forum, you shouldn't be sarcastically joking anyway.

Just throwing out a polite reminder that this is not "GD for people who happen to like bullpups".

Thanks.
View Quote
I got mixed information from two different guys at Steyr.

I initially called to get a 20 inch barrel, the dude said, "we ran out of them to make stg77," then said "will be getting more to make more of them."

So why don't you get your ass out of your bed and call them yourself if you are so skeptical.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:45:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Just picked mine up. Very happy with it. I watched Tim's review this morning. Mine didn't have any issue reinserting the trigger pack and it getting caught on the trigger rods like his did. Everything about mine is nice. Will fire it next week. I expect it to be way off zero since watching Tims review it doesn't appear they did any type of bore sighting on it before it left the factory. His was shooting WAY low out of the box, but still within the scope adjustment range. I'm super happy to be able to add it to the collection.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I expect it to be way off zero since watching Tims review it doesn't appear they did any type of bore sighting on it before it left the factory. His was shooting WAY low out of the box, but still within the scope adjustment range.
View Quote
My A3M1 3X was something like 7-8" off in both horizontal and vertical....
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_43/451460_Anyone_elseandapos_s_AUG_A3M1_come_sighted_in__WAY__off_.html
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:37:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Pick up a cheap laser bore sight off of eBay.  They always get you on paper and most of the time with in a few clicks of zero
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd really like one of these.

Also did anyone see the MAC video yesterday? Was a little interesting.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone have a link for a stg77 cheaper than $2,080?  I picked one up from Pete but my card will reimburse me if I find a cheaper price.
View Quote
I got back $164 from my credit card company.  Good lookin' out!
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#17]
MACs video raises some good points. A company of Steyr's stature should include the cleaning kit, a sight adjustment tool and model specific manual with the gun. Austrian pre-ban AUGs included all this, plus a target showing they had been factory zero'd. I doubt that the volume of AUGs going through the AL factory is so high that they don't have the time to zero the guns.  If Steyr Austria can do that with only 60ish employees, Steyr US should be able to
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'd really like one of these.

Also did anyone see the MAC video yesterday? Was a little interesting.
View Quote
Poor guy was so excited he really kinda fumbled through it.  That being said, the gun shooting super low was not the first time I have heard of that with that style of AUG.  Fortunately, they seem to have infinite MOA on vertical adjustment....which is good....but reallllly weird.

I couldn't believe he didn't like the 40 year mark.  WHY BUY IT?@!?!?!?!??!?!?!  Hell, that's the first thing I would want.  That was dead sexay!!!!

Note that despite all the foibles....it ran like an AUG should.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Caught the MAC video tonight. Was goo and I have to agree that the no factory zero is kind of half assed. The cleaning kit no show is weak as well. I bought an A3M1 and for the money really thought they should have thrown in a cleaning kit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Caught the MAC video tonight. Was goo and I have to agree that the no factory zero is kind of half assed. The cleaning kit no show is weak as well. I bought an A3M1 and for the money really thought they should have thrown in a cleaning kit.
View Quote
out of the 5 or so AUGs I've bought over the years I've never got a cleaning kit. Although ONE time I did get the little cover thing.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:27:48 AM EDT
[#21]
No cleaning kit here, either.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:21:56 AM EDT
[#22]
A3M1---no kit, yes on a manual, non optic so no tool needed, no sling, no other items.

STG77----no kit, yes/no/kinda on manual, no tool's or sling, yes on optic cups, no other items.

A1 (USED)----yes on the kit, yes on optic cups, yes on target, yes on manual, yes on optic tool, sling was not with it, box not with it.

All had magazine.

Not a huge deal to me but extras are nice at $2k+. I admit to looking forward to the special STG77 case that was cancelled.

Bought some HK items decades ago including a new 91. HK didn't shower you with extras either. The 91 did have a nice canvas multi-modal sling. Manual. Sight tools were extra and dang near necessary if you didn't want to rig a way to adjust the drum using three hands.

I think Steyr did it right with the A1 when looking at the package. BUT, it was nearly double the $$$$ of an HK91 in the mid-eighties.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:43:06 AM EDT
[#23]
It's funny, we're all talking about cleaning kits and cleaning kit covers.

My older A3 (Sabre) came with a cleaning kit, no cover. I believe that all the A3's from 9 or so years ago came with cleaning kits when the guns were being made mostly by Sabre. When the AUG went away when Sabre died and then came back. With Vltor receivers, etc. I think that's when the cleaning kits disappeared. Those A3's didn't come with them. Oddly enough, I think it was my green NATO stocked M1 that came with a green kit cover. Since I have an extra that didn't come with my A1.

Of course, the Sabre A3's came with a pretty decent soft case too. And at least 2 mags. Though, I don't remember the number for sure. Since I bought a lot of mags with the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I got a StG77 coming, any issue with ordering a regular green stock from Pete and putting the "anniversary" marked stock away? Which model stock should I order or they all same?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's funny, we're all talking about cleaning kits and cleaning kit covers.

My older A3 (Sabre) came with a cleaning kit, no cover. I believe that all the A3's from 9 or so years ago came with cleaning kits when the guns were being made mostly by Sabre. When the AUG went away when Sabre died and then came back. With Vltor receivers, etc. I think that's when the cleaning kits disappeared. Those A3's didn't come with them. Oddly enough, I think it was my green NATO stocked M1 that came with a green kit cover. Since I have an extra that didn't come with my A1.

Of course, the Sabre A3's came with a pretty decent soft case too. And at least 2 mags. Though, I don't remember the number for sure. Since I bought a lot of mags with the rifle.
View Quote
thats interesting, my sabre didn't come with any of that but mine was one of the later saber guns with the FN barrel
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#26]
I only have enough time for a brief response, so here it is:

Cleaning kits haven't been included in new AUG's since 2009.

Slings haven't been included since the mid 90's.

The STG77 DOES NOT USE OR NEED a sight adjustment tool. The turrets were redesigned for you to use pocket change for adjustment.

The manual has needed a redesign since the M1. I gave my input that a manual specific to the STG77 should be made, but apparently it was too high a cost.

I was also really looking forward to the STG77 cases, but again, the cost would have been prohibitive.

Sighting in the optics should be done, but as steyr hasn't sighted in US sold optics since 2009, looks like it's another point that isn't going to change soon.

Mac's video was pretty good. He missed a couple things, some pretty obvious, but not everyone will know all intricacies of a gun. I give him a pass.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I got a StG77 coming, any issue with ordering a regular green stock from Pete and putting the "anniversary" marked stock away? Which model stock should I order or they all same?
View Quote
If you want to use the same hammer pack get an A1 stock. if you want to use an A3 stock and have it be functional get the A3 hammer pack also.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#28]
The 1st couple of thousand Sabre AUG A3s did come with a Steyr soft case, 2 mags, cleaning kit, sling & muzzle cap.

After Sabre shut down those items weren't offered any more.

If my memory serves me right!

Link Posted: 7/22/2017 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
out of the 5 or so AUGs I've bought over the years I've never got a cleaning kit. Although ONE time I did get the little cover thing.
View Quote
I would understand if they don't come with them.  But, you get a little disappointed when you read the manual first, and then find out the cleaning kit is in fact not in your stock like the manual showed.  

I wish Steyr would sell the optic from the STG77 separately.  I'm thinking about milling down the rails on a factory 1.5x.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#30]
So I just bore sighted my stg77 the old fashioned way. I pulled the bolt carrier group out, the trigger pack out, the rear sling pin and butt stock cap off, and reassembled it with just the receiver and barrel. This allowed me to see straight down the barrel from the back of the stock. Put the rifle on a steady rest and picked a target about 100ish yards away and lined it up through the bore. Without moving the gun looked up into the scope and sure enough the donut was way left and way high, which would have put the rounds way right and way low, just like Tims. Cranked on each turret several turns and repeated the process until donut and bore were in the same spot. Won't be exact but at least it'll be on paper now and probably pretty close. Gonna finally shoot it this week and get it dialed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The 1st couple of thousand Sabre AUG A3s did come with a Steyr soft case, 2 mags, cleaning kit, sling & muzzle cap.

http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/apjapacka3.jpg
View Quote
I was gonna say my Sabre A3 came with a sling, etc. Got it from you actually :D
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:15:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
thats interesting, my sabre didn't come with any of that but mine was one of the later saber guns with the FN barrel
View Quote
Unless I'm being retarded. That A3 was put together after Sabre died. Left over Sabre made receiver before Vltor started making them. You barrel would be cold hammer forged. And unless I'm mistaken. My Sabre made barrel was button-rifled.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:22:44 PM EDT
[#33]
All Sabre-produced barrels were button rifled, and they all had the A3 compensator. Steyr/Vltor used the production parts Sabre had left over first, then incorporated new parts. I think they ran out of barrels first, and that's when the FN CHF barrels came online. They had "new tulips". Then they ran out of Sabre marked receivers and started using the new receiver markings.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:51:27 AM EDT
[#34]
The windage and elevation dials on the STG77 are the same as what is on the Australian F88.

So adding a bayonet lug will get you a fairly accurate F88 clone.....

Mick
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:53:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Steyr has Green buttpads AND green barrel release buttons on order.

If you have an STG77, they will swap you buttons and buttpads.

Here's the catch:

YOU MUST PATIENTLY WAIT.

DON'T BLOW UP THEIR PHONES OR EMAIL, WHEN THEY GET IN I'LL POST SOMETHING. UNTIL THEN, HANG TIGHT.

From what I understand, the green parts were held up and waiting on them would have been a much longer delay on getting the rifles out.
View Quote
Any update on this?

Mick
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/apjapacka3.jpg
View Quote
My VLTOR receiver gun (bought from you) came with the same accessories. This was circa 2010-11
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I bore sighted my STG and the turret got stuck and marred. Steyr fixed it and had it back to me in the same week. I noticed after getting it back the the hole in the scope is now plugged. Any body else's STG have this plug? Just curious.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 10:43:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Steyr has Green buttpads AND green barrel release buttons on order.

If you have an STG77, they will swap you buttons and buttpads.

Here's the catch:

YOU MUST PATIENTLY WAIT.

DON'T BLOW UP THEIR PHONES OR EMAIL, WHEN THEY GET IN I'LL POST SOMETHING. UNTIL THEN, HANG TIGHT.

From what I understand, the green parts were held up and waiting on them would have been a much longer delay on getting the rifles out.
View Quote
So is this something you can swap out yourself? Or does it require returning the rifle to Steyr? I just picked up my STG77 and I'm not sure it's worth sending the entire rifle back to get those two parts.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#39]
As to the difficulty of changing barrel release buttons, if you're able to remove and install the front pivot pin on an AR15, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Steyr may not let the customer swap it on their own. I'd imagine that they require the receiver sent in. Also, it seems there is a "plug" for the optic housing, if it fits underneath instead of dropping in from the top, they may not give them out.

Won't know until they advise.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 12:34:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
As to the difficulty of changing barrel release buttons, if you're able to remove and install the front pivot pin on an AR15, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Steyr may not let the customer swap it on their own. I'd imagine that they require the receiver sent in. Also, it seems there is a "plug" for the optic housing, if it fits underneath instead of dropping in from the top, they may not give them out.

Won't know until they advise.
View Quote
the plug is flush with very tight tolerances I'd imagine it's dropped in from the bottom.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#41]
There are literally 99 of these on active gunbroker auctions at the moment. I wonder if they truly did only make 400? Looks like a lot of people bought these for... "investment purposes"
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#42]
A reoccurring theme with Steyr's AUG products is that a new widget is released and there is a time when Steyr can't sell X widget for the AUG, so X widget sits on GunBroker and on dealers shelves.

Eventually they all sell out.

Then consumers start looking for things they can't find - and they pay out the ass for X widget when they could have bought it much cheaper when there was a surplus...

I've seen it time and time again.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I wanted one because of  action/horror movie nostalgia  I really didn't give two shits about it as an investment. I do however have number 87. Come on arfcom premium. ha. they will sell out and this rifle people won't part with as easy as they would an AR/tavor/etc. a few years from now wheres the price go?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 7:34:03 AM EDT
[#44]
I was going to buy one, but came across a preban AUG made in 1986 while on vacation.  Has had 10 rounds put through it by previous owner, and is essentially new other than a few little nicks on the paint.  The machining and fit of the metal, and even the finish of the plastic is really nice.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Any update on this?

Mick
View Quote
Any updates on green parts?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:01:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
probably forgotten about a long time ago.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well to be fair, the heavy barrel bipod and flash hiders arrived eventually, so I for one am willing to believe....
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well to be fair, the heavy barrel bipod and flash hiders arrived eventually, so I for one am willing to believe....
View Quote
I want to believe.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm going to call steyr and ask about this. It may behoove us as a group if one or two others also call and report back.

We don't want steyr to think we forgot about this...
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm going to call steyr and ask about this. It may behoove us as a group if one or two others also call and report back.

We don't want steyr to think we forgot about this...
View Quote
just did, they have the parts but they won’t  swap them out for free. You have to buy the them if you want them. honestly I’m not putting anymore money into this gun.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top