Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I will also add that I was impressed with the two receivers I sent off. The quality of the work is great. However, what impressed the most was the phone call and pictures sent to me to offer suggestions on the size and placement that I wanted engraved. I also had a slight issue shipping and one of the owners even stayed on the phone while I sorting out the issues with the shipping the company. Job well done on both parties I spoke with at THSF
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure this is a good biz, but I'm not shipping my stuff around. To many questions and potential drama. My local guy does it while I wait. Doesn't get any faster than that. If you pay in cash and bring multiples, he only charges $20/gun. Entirely fair.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sure this is a good biz, but I'm not shipping my stuff around. To many questions and potential drama. My local guy does it while I wait. Doesn't get any faster than that. If you pay in cash and bring multiples, he only charges $20/gun. Entirely fair.
View Quote

Sounds great, but not an option that's open to everyone.

For those of us who have no easy "while-you-wait" service, the only choice is to ship it out.

THSF is a great option for those of is who must ship.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just left THSF with two engraved 870s (and got to see my 590a1 AOW for the first time). As usual, fantastic work. I'll get pics up later. They got quite a few boxes from UPS while I was there with items to be engraved, and USPS was pulling up when I left. Lucky for Brad P his stuff was already boxed up and sealed (she was taking it out to USPS truck as I drove off), or he may have had a discreet BW engraving somewhere.
View Quote

You might have been looking at my stuff!

I sent two lowers, two suppressor tubes, and 2 end caps out for engraving on Saturday, and got my return shipping tracking number today!

Sending my stuff from NH to NC is actually faster than giving it to a local engraver to do.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just left THSF with two engraved 870s (and got to see my 590a1 AOW for the first time). As usual, fantastic work. I'll get pics up later. They got quite a few boxes from UPS while I was there with items to be engraved, and USPS was pulling up when I left. Lucky for Brad P his stuff was already boxed up and sealed (she was taking it out to USPS truck as I drove off), or he may have had a discreet BW engraving somewhere.
View Quote

Haha, well I have a 10/22, two AKs, an 870, and probably one more stripped lower headed that way soon so you'll have other opportunities for mischief
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
That's good for you, but for the rest of us it's not that convenient.  My local guy wants 120 per gun and will take 3wks.... THSF for the win for me, haha!

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They got quite a few boxes from UPS while I was there with items to be engraved
View Quote

Haha. My M92 PAP was delivered yesterday by UPS. It was probably one of the boxes.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here's a pic of my two 870 engravings. The 12ga 870P was approved on 3/24. Since the factory engraving was longer on that one, I opted to do a single line underneath that info. The 20ga 870 was paper filed (just because) about three weeks after the eForm was submitted...not sure how long it'll be. Decided to have it engraved on the other side between the pins. Went with a 3mm size...both are the same size, just different orientations in different locations. Excellent work, as always.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/B8BDB490-48C2-47D4-9711-5450F54DE77A_zpszcffms2n.jpg
View Quote

I love the look of the 3mm between the pins
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I saw them open that box.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha. My M92 PAP was delivered yesterday by UPS. It was probably one of the boxes.

And they just shipped it back to me. Holy crap that's fast.

Here is my 870 engraved location.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Got all 5 of mine today!  I had requested engraving on some not so favorable location and was kinda worried I had made a mistake.  Luckily THSF called before engraving to confirm and gave advice on better engraving locations.  I had all my AR lowers engraved in the trigger well and my MP5's engraved in the groove (bolt roller groove).  I couldn't be happier, so glad I went with THSF.  It's been the best experience since I've started this whole SBR goal.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Ya they recommended for my MP5 to go in the groove too. Looks great.

And yes I agree on the trigger area. It was a smart move.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I just sent off a lower for my most recent SBR build and I have a feeling Scott's going to say WTF when the box arrives. I had it boxed up in a USPS prepaid box but didn't make it to the Post Office by 5. Went to the UPS Store and was going to use one of their boxes but instead they just sharpied out the bar codes on the USPS box and slapped a UPS shipping label on it. Hopefully my BCM lower doesn't get lost since it's only going an hour down the road
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just sent off a lower for my most recent SBR build and I have a feeling Scott's going to say WTF when the box arrives. I had it boxed up in a USPS prepaid box but didn't make it to the Post Office by 5. Went to the UPS Store and was going to use one of their boxes but instead they just sharpied out the bar codes on the USPS box and slapped a UPS shipping label on it. Hopefully my BCM lower doesn't get lost since it's only going an hour down the road
View Quote

loool!
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Another extremely satisfied THSF customer. I've had Scott (well Teri really ) engrave a total of 5 lowers including a polymer engraving (Scorpion) and they always do a superb job. In addition, when I am lucky enough to go in person I get to fondle my cans in NFA jail which is always nice. Before I found Scott, my coworker and I were building SBRs around the same time. He took his lower to a local jewelry shop and lets just say the results had us googling other engraving methods. Little did I know that not only did I stumble across one of the best firearm engravers in the business, but one of the best suppressor dealers in the country. Good pricing is one thing, which THSF has but customer service is another and this where they excel!! The speed of communications and follow up is staggering compared to my previous experiences. I know they have earned my business as long as they are in business and I have money to spend.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Where's the bolt roller groove?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://s32.postimg.org/o2eyf6kb9/show.jpg

For the life of me I can't figure out why that would be called th bolt roller grove (just hot my first one several months ago).....but yeah, that's the groove I've seen all MP5 engraving on.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:18:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

For the life of me I can't figure out why that would be called th bolt roller grove (just hot my first one several months ago).....but yeah, that's the groove I've seen all MP5 engraving on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if that's sarcasm but that grove controls the rollers in as the bolt assembly moves back during cycling.

Wes
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#21]

I did all mine in the groove too, but on the other side.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I've never heard it called that. I think it's more common to refer to it as the A3 stock rail groove as it's the groove the retractable stock rails slide within.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Tag, I'll be sending my first SBR off for engraving soon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Not sure if that's sarcasm but that grove controls the rollers in as the bolt assembly moves back during cycling.

Wes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By M4

For the life of me I can't figure out why that would be called th bolt roller grove (just got my first one several months ago).....but yeah, that's the groove I've seen all MP5 engraving on.

Wes

Not sarcasm.....never gave it much thought beyond it being where the arms of my A3 collapse to.

Now that you mention it, it makes obvious sense.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Me too. I just took a random mp5 picture off google and edited it
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#26]
They did great job with my AR.  Very fast and it looks great.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#27]
THSF do excellent work. Just had my SCAR and APC9 done last week while I waited.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Here's a pic of my two 870 engravings. The 12ga 870P was approved on 3/24. Since the factory engraving was longer on that one, I opted to do a single line underneath that info. The 20ga 870 was paper filed (just because) about three weeks after the eForm was submitted...not sure how long it'll be. Decided to have it engraved on the other side between the pins. Went with a 3mm size...both are the same size, just different orientations in different locations. Excellent work, as always.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/B8BDB490-48C2-47D4-9711-5450F54DE77A_zpszcffms2n.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Waylon,
What did they use to darken the receiver for you in these photos:

I've got a parkerized Police Magnum and a blued Wingmaster receiver I'm planning to have them do but I'm interested to know how or what they used to darken the engravings.

THanks
Wes
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#29]
I cannot say enough good things about them.  Replies to emails in minutes on weekends and odd hours.  They are a rare combo of low price, outstanding work, and super quick service.

The only down side for me was having to deal with UPS to ship them the lower and end cap that I needed engraved.  This is obviously not THSF's fault.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:11:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I cannot say enough good things about them.  Replies to emails in minutes on weekends and odd hours.  They are a rare combo of low price, outstanding work, and super quick service.

The only down side for me was having to deal with UPS to ship them the lower and end cap that I needed engraved.  This is obviously not THSF's fault.
View Quote

I know it's frowned upon but $7 usps flat rate there and back
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:39:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Yup, THSF is now my go-to for engraving, the Noveske lower I sent in turned out awesome compared to my first lower I had done from a local shop.  Payment and order online system is pretty slick too!
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 7:09:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Just got mine back from THSF, looks great. The engraving on my SBR lower is perfect. They even blacked it out for me without asking.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:52:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Another +1
Quick turnaround and quality work
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Went in and picked up my spectre 2, had Teri engrave a sbr lower for me, purchased an omega and another stripped lower.

That was an expensive trip. The omega and lower are sitting together in one of Scott's safes until they get out of atf jail. Hopefully next time the trip won't be as expensive
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Went in and picked up my spectre 2, had Teri engrave a sbr lower for me, purchased an omega and another stripped lower.

That was an expensive trip. The omega and lower are sitting together in one of Scott's safes until they get out of atf jail. Hopefully next time the trip won't be as expensive
View Quote

Seeing that display cabinet and getting to hold stuff in person is way harder to resist vs  just seeing it online
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Im going to have to send them another to engrave here shortly.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:42:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Just had 3 more SBR's engraved by THSF.  Super quick turnaround.  Great customer service.  Proceed with confidence.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I just did 2 more lowers to beat the rule change.  
TSFA dis a great job.  They cared about them more than I did.  They had a question about where I wanted the engraving, and  called me on a Sunday.  I was at the pool and didn't get right back to them, boom, another call and an email on Monday!  So I call back, and said basically "just put it somewhere obvious, I don't want to go to jail for shooting my SBRs."  Tuesday both lowers arrive at my house, beautifully engraved. Of course the stamps are still months away.    
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#40]
I have a lower im going to mail to them today.

I guess flat rate box there and back will work.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#41]
I just sent my receiver off flat rate USPS. The clerk didn't understand that I wanted a return postage sticker too so he gave me the flat rate amount in stamps for the return postage. I enclosed all of it in there so hopefully the Tar Heel crew can figure it out if not I guess I'll get a call.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I just sent my receiver off flat rate USPS. The clerk didn't understand that I wanted a return postage sticker too so he gave me the flat rate amount in stamps for the return postage. I enclosed all of it in there so hopefully the Tar Heel crew can figure it out if not I guess I'll get a call.
View Quote

I print labels at home (cheaper too) and just print a return label with my address. I do it for Morgan at Class III machining too
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did this end up working out? I just did the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#45]
It's a bit late for that. Lol
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a visit planned early next week to get a PAP M92 and a AR lower engraved. I need to get a blank lower someday and have them put a cool design on it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#47]
For those of you that are doing flat rate priority mail return postage, are you sending a new priority box with your package?
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:16:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
For those of you that are doing flat rate priority mail return postage, are you sending a new priority box with your package?
View Quote

No, printing another $7 return label and including it in the box.
I need to mail a Scorpion and 2 AKs to them at some point. I'm not sure how I'll do the shipping then
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:58:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Use the kiosk at the post office. Print one to them, and one to yourself. Include the one TO you in th box
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top