Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The G26 that I had was new and would not cycle the rounds even with the LCD. It was one shot then rack the sklide back to eject the round, then chamber another.....very annoying. I was told that the 26 being new might have contributed to the failure to eject...who knows. I was also told that the G19 is as short as a barrel that you should go with the Glocks. I have heard of others having Tridents and G26 that work, but have yet to see enough posts to substantiate this.
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The G26 that I had was new and would not cycle the rounds even with the LCD. It was one shot then rack the sklide back to eject the round, then chamber another.....very annoying. I was told that the 26 being new might have contributed to the failure to eject...who knows. I was also told that the G19 is as short as a barrel that you should go with the Glocks. I have heard of others having Tridents and G26 that work, but have yet to see enough posts to substantiate this.

Out of curiousity, what package were you using?

Barrel? Suppressor? Etc....
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#3]
G26....Lonewolf barrel 1/2"X28".......SWR Trident with LCD. I sold the barrel and have since bought a P226 tactical and I am waiting for a new mount for the LCD from SWR.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the video, Kel.  I have a spare G19 barrel, and I've been on the fence about getting it threaded for the G26 due to the conflicting reports about reliability, but your video convinced me to go ahead and get it done.

Kel, can you please give me the following dimension:

on my G19 barrel to be threaded ½"-28tpi so I can use my suppressor on my G26, how far forward from the barrel hood should the shoulder be cut for the threads so the multi-mount does not hit the recoil rod as the G26 cycles?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, apologies in advance for reviving old thread and possibly asking a rookie question.  I have read this thread three times trying to figure out if the barrel/can combos described to run reliably on a Glock 19 are with or without a booster.  Can someone expand?  Is there a barrel/can combo for the G19 that runs reliably without a LID/booster?

Is it possible to just have a glock 17 or 19 barrel threaded for use with a suppressor in the glock 19?

Next, what is the differenct between the SWR trident and shadow9?  Most people in this thread seem to be choosing the trident over the shadow9 even though SWR seems to advertise that the Shadow9 is designed for reliability on the glock?  Any reason to choose the trident over the shadow9?

Lastly, I counted out Gemtech because of one negative review i read but am reconsidering.  Is there a difference between the Multimount and the Tundra besides the multiple mounting platforms (which I don't have a use for)?

Any advice is appreciated in advance...  I have the Glock 19 and the high sights, just need to decide on a barrel and can and send in the paperwork...

THX.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 2:44:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
OK, apologies in advance for reviving old thread and possibly asking a rookie question.  I have read this thread three times trying to figure out if the barrel/can combos described to run reliably on a Glock 19 are with or without a booster.  Can someone expand?  Is there a barrel/can combo for the G19 that runs reliably without a LID/booster?

You need a booster and all of the suppressors in this thread use them.  You can probably get a small (under about 4 ounces), wet can to work reliably without one but that’s not a real popular option for a reason (wet cans are messy and need to be recharged with media frequently, like every magazine or so).  

Is it possible to just have a glock 17 or 19 barrel threaded for use with a suppressor in the glock 19?

Not really.  The 17 barrel will not work in a 19 and a 19 barrel would need an extension added before threading.  This is doable but by the time you pay someone to do that you might as well buy a new threaded barrel.

Next, what is the differenct between the SWR trident and shadow9?  Most people in this thread seem to be choosing the trident over the shadow9 even though SWR seems to advertise that the Shadow9 is designed for reliability on the glock?  Any reason to choose the trident over the shadow9?

Size and flexible mounting options.  The Trident is larger and quieter then the Shadow 9 and offers different mounting options including a booster, UZI adapter and various thread mounts.  If you are buying a single suppressor to “do it all” then the Trident makes a lot of sense.  The Shadow 9 is smaller, which some people prefer for dedicated pistol use, and offers a booster and different thread adaptors.

Lastly, I counted out Gemtech because of one negative review i read but am reconsidering.  Is there a difference between the Multimount and the Tundra besides the multiple mounting platforms (which I don't have a use for)?

Size.  The Multimount, like the SWR Trident, is built on a 1.375” diameter tube while the Tundra, like the SWR Shadow 9 and AAC Evo 9, is built on a 1.25” tube.  As a general rule, larger is quieter.  

Any advice is appreciated in advance...  I have the Glock 19 and the high sights, just need to decide on a barrel and can and send in the paperwork...

THX.

Link Posted: 7/8/2008 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you sir, that is exactly what I needed to know.  Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#9]

My silencer candy!  I went with a Glock 19 with a KKM threaded barrel since the 19 barrels also fit my Glock 26.  The silencer is an AWC Abraxas Titanium.  About 3.5 oz, same weight as my TLR-1.  This can is a wet can, just under 1" diameter, and just under 6" long.  No boosters or LID's needed and it does function my Glock 26 and 19 w/o any problems.  I refill the can every 2 mags, (20 shots).  I don't use my Hi Caps with the silencer because I need to tighten it every few rounds, and it gets hot that way too quickly!  It isn't the quietest out there, supposed to be around 28/29 DB reduction rating, but I don't need any boosters, works with either Glock and I can see/use my factory sights with it, no need for taller sights.  I use it in my NRA class when shooting at an indoor range or with new shooters at the outdoor range.  It is quieter inside than a .22lr pistol unsuppressed indoors.  No flash, much less Bang, people shoot it much easier than an unsilenced gun.  Makes the transition from a .22lr to a 9mm that much easier, as they can get used to the gun, trigger and sights w/o worrying about the flash and recoil and flinching.  I read somewhere that recoil is mostly perceived from the flash and bang, so if you reduce those, people don't flinch or notice the recoil as much.  Definitely has worked out that way in classes so far!  I picked up a couple 10 rd mags, usually load 3 to 5 in each, so I can tighten the silencer, and they focus on 3 or 5 shot groups instead of worrying about having 15 shots to do, which will wear out new shooters quickly.  To refill the can, it comes with a turkey baster looking syringe/tube combo, fill tube with lithium grease, insert the plastic tube with holes into the can, squeeze and rotate.  Pretty easy and simple to do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiydeLWWIkU  My Youtube video.  Also, the KKM barrel shoots WWB cheapy ammo incredibly well, too!  Very accurate barrel.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top