Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Besides the dual springs what else gets you excited here?
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Well the dual recoil springs and that it's a short stroke gas piston with a shortened bolt carrier. It also accepts AR triggers, grips, and stocks.

Controls and feel are like that of an AR, and seems to use a similar gas system as the AR18.

I'm speaking about the MCX of course, but I do want the MPX as well because like I said, I've always wanted an MP5.

But also with the MCX

Link Posted: 5/8/2014 12:22:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well the dual recoil springs and that it's a short stroke gas piston with a shortened bolt carrier. It also accepts AR triggers, grips, and stocks.

Controls and feel are like that of an AR, and seems to use a similar gas system as the AR18.

I'm speaking about the MCX of course, but I do want the MPX as well because like I said, I've always wanted an MP5.

But also with the MCX
http://i.gyazo.com/ccd381d1dbd6762fc45bd0bd0b314e75.png

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But also with the MCX

I'll be honest, I was planning on buying a DD M4V7 when I'm back on my feet and working again.  The MPX and MCX are probably going on my list instead.  The design is just freaking sexy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'll be honest, I was planning on buying a DD M4V7 when I'm back on my feet and working again.  The MPX and MCX are probably going on my list instead.  The design is just freaking sexy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But also with the MCX

Yeah, I was planning on getting the 556xi and an MPX, but then I found out about the MCX. I'll probably get pistol versions of each so I can change between rifle and pistol and use the sig arm brace for the pistol version on both.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 12:20:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But also with the MCX

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But also with the MCX

Ok forgive me but I'm coming into this way late.  I've been considering a number of sig firearms and purchased the X5 tactical.  The rifle was going to be the new XI but then I saw the pic of the rifle above!  What is that rifle?  I just don't recognize it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 12:29:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ok forgive me but I'm coming into this way late.  I've been considering a number of sig firearms and purchased the X5 tactical.  The rifle was going to be the new XI but then I saw the pic of the rifle above!  What is that rifle?  I just don't recognize it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But also with the MCX

The one pictured?  It is the MCX 5.56 SBR
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#7]
For the gamers, the MPX is coming in the next expansion pack for BF4

Link

http://bf4central.com/2014/05/battlefield-4-dragons-teeth-weapons-revealed/
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Already asked and answered regarding the mpx, but does anyone know if the mcx takes a standard ar charging handle?
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Can we please keep this thread related to the MPX? Maybe start another thread for the MCX. Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Already asked and answered regarding the mpx, but does anyone know if the mcx takes a standard ar charging handle?
View Quote

No it doesn't.  Neither does the mpx.

They're also essentially the same gun.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I emailed Sig Law Enforcement rep and he told me he did not have a firm date when the MPX will hit dealers.   He said hopefully by the end of the year which was very vague  UGH!
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I emailed Sig Law Enforcement rep and he told me he did not have a firm date when the MPX will hit dealers.   He said hopefully by the end of the year which was very vague  UGH!
View Quote

Uuugghh...  I hope it's much sooner than that bro. This wait is killing me!
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know why people keep calling reps and dealers when sig doesn't even know when these are shipping.

Without fail they will come the day after someone was quoted 3 months.

Be patient people.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 12:54:20 AM EDT
[#14]
I did hear from a reliable source that Sig is releasing 500 MPX pistols to dealers that have been on the wait list. Let's hope they are finally coming.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 5:52:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't know why people keep calling reps and dealers when sig doesn't even know when these are shipping.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because we can?  This a SIG thread about the MPX.  I was just relaying what I was told and thought some may be interested.  Your obviously not so why even respond to my comment?
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I did hear from a reliable source that Sig is releasing 500 MPX pistols to dealers that have been on the wait list. Let's hope they are finally coming.
View Quote

Any insight as to which dealers those might be?
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Because we can?  This a SIG thread about the MPX.  I was just relaying what I was told and thought some may be interested.  Your obviously not so why even respond to my comment?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am extremely interested in these guns. I just find it funny that if you read all of these threads from the beginning they are all full of people with sources who list at least half a dozen release dates and every time one passed a new source is found.

Eventually someone will be right I suppose

Lather, rinse, repeat.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No clue on which dealers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am extremely interested in these guns. I just find it funny that if you read all of these threads from the beginning they are all full of people with sources who list at least half a dozen release dates and every time one passed a new source is found.

Eventually someone will be right I suppose

Lather, rinse, repeat.
View Quote

I kind of figured the rep I spoke with was referring to shipping the guns out to distributors first within the week or so after the show, which of course takes time to work into their systems(assuming they did ship on time). I forget what the initial number shipped would be but I want to say they anticipated moving around 1500-2000 per month after the shipments started. Factory SBRs would come a couple months after the pistols started shipping.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Come get me when they have it in .45acp
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why just 45ACP? Get the right 9mm ammo in either +P or +P+ will be just as effective as 45ACP. There is a reason most sub machine guns are in 9mm and not 45ACP.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Why just 45ACP? Get the right 9mm ammo in either +P or +P+ will be just as effective as 45ACP. There is a reason most sub machine guns are in 9mm and not 45ACP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, the "reason" is the 9mm is internationally used, whereas the .45 (while, yes used internationally) is really an American affair. The market for 9mm subguns is just substantially greater than it ever will be for .45. In fact, internationally I'd be a.380 would sell better than the .45.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Well, the "reason" is the 9mm is internationally used, whereas the .45 (while, yes used internationally) is really an American affair. The market for 9mm subguns is just substantially greater than it ever will be for .45. In fact, internationally I'd be a.380 would sell better than the .45.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't understand why Kriss still hasn't come out with a 9mm Vector that took 33rd Glock mags. That thing would sell way better than the .45 version.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't understand why Kriss still hasn't come out with a 9mm Vector that took 33rd Glock mags. That thing would sell way better than the .45 version.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. But I can't believe they've actually sold enough to stay in business in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I agree. But I can't believe they've actually sold enough to stay in business in the first place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They got bought by Sphinx or some foreign company a few years back.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's exactly why 9mm is a better option. 9mm does the job and it's more readily available around the the globe when the SHTF.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone gave any real idea what forend these beasts are coming with?  Are the forends easy enough to change that there will be an aftermarket for forends like we see with ARs?
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:18:33 AM EDT
[#28]
From what I was told, the aluminum and carbon fiber hand guards are the only options presently. At the 2013 Shot Show they had a hand guard with a built in laser and rotating flashlight, but I was told that was just a prototype and unknown if that will be released or not.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#29]
It was bound to happen. Keymod has assimilated the MPX

Pretty nice article by defrev.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It was bound to happen. Keymod has assimilated the MPX

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/edmateo50/1401059896_zpsda482c62.jpg

Pretty nice article by defrev.
View Quote

Works for me
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Just my opinion, but those rails are ugly and I sure hope that they are just an option. The other style looks much better to me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#32]
If they're doing keymod, they should do M-LOK too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just my opinion, but those rails are ugly and I sure hope that they are just an option. The other style looks much better to me.
View Quote

Knowing the guys who designed it, they don't particularly care what you think of how it looks. They are trying to design the most useable handguard they can.

I also doubt they'll be using the "old style". Its a Sig proprietary rail-less design that was originally designed before Keymod became a real thing. The guy who designed it no longer works for them either from what I understand.

They Keymod design is better than the Sig design hands-down. As for M-LOK, no idea.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 11:46:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Glad to see the keymod handguard on the other pistol. I hope they sell the MPX-K pistols(since that's the barrel length I want)

Looks like they might be going to a takedown style can design which is a welcome change.

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 12:31:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 12:46:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Lancer mags?   That's the same dot pattern texture on the AMW5 mags.
View All Quotes

Yup, Lancer is the OEM for the MPX mags.  Going to have the steel lips, etc.  Supposedly $50-60 street price on mags last I heard though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 2:53:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Love how it's already becoming a favorite with the aftermarket companies (ala KM hand guards) but Sig still hasn't given a date on when they actually plan on releasing it....Magpul Masada 2.0  
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#38]

There are multiple style cans for this thing. The integrated baffle stack isn't the only setup that's been imagined. In fact, the video that debuted the MPX, the one where Robert Hirt comes out of the ice, has that exact same can on it.

Quoted:
Love how it's already becoming a favorite with the aftermarket companies (ala KM hand guards) but Sig still hasn't given a date on when they actually plan on releasing it....Magpul Masada 2.0  

That keymod handguard isn't aftermarket.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There are multiple style cans for this thing. The integrated baffle stack isn't the only setup that's been imagined. In fact, the video that debuted the MPX, the one where Robert Hirt comes out of the ice, has that exact same can on it.

View Quote

Thought the can looked like a sealed unit when I first saw this picture, but I just noticed the threads on the front cap and endcap. There haven't been too many pictures of the muzzle(or info in general) of the 9mm Sig-SD can until recently.

Would like to see a -K with the can and the longer hand guard. Not sure if that's possible though with the hand guard clearance. Looks fairly close from the photos.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Knowing the guys who designed it, they don't particularly care what you think of how it looks. They are trying to design the most useable handguard they can.

I also doubt they'll be using the "old style". Its a Sig proprietary rail-less design that was originally designed before Keymod became a real thing. The guy who designed it no longer works for them either from what I understand.

They Keymod design is better than the Sig design hands-down. As for M-LOK, no idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I am glad they don't care what I think, as I said it was just my opinion and good for you that you know the guy personally. The article says that the keymod is an option and I just prefer the original design better, but I am willing to try out the keymod, just don't have any experience with that type of handguard.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

How is this anything like the Masada? Because it's not out fast enough for you?

There is no farming out the manufacture or any such silliness. It cracks me up that we basically hound manufacturers to release info before they're ready and then chastise them for not having it out fast enough.

There is a reason magpul handles press releases they way they do. Don't have to deal with this bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#42]
^^^^totally agree, at least Sig is making sure it's right before the release. You see what Remington did on the R51, total POS.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 12:12:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Haven't they been showcasing this for well over a year now?  I mean it's been at at least two SHOT SHOWs.  Yes I know, they ran into trouble with the ATF.  And yes keymod is aftermarket in the grand scheme of things.  1913 is the industrial standard until the military decides it wants keymod.  So if you don't want to call the keymod on the MPX "aftermarket" perhaps a better term is revision 58.  Sure kudos to Sig for sticking it to the man (ATF) and great, they're refining and modernizing the weapon.  W/ that said I really think they should go ahead and probably start releasing soon.  We didn't hear near this much about the 556xi rifles and those are out.  

Sig owes me and others nothing, but I just keep seeing them make changes like an artist that is striving for that perfect masterpiece.  It will never be perfect, nor should it expect to be.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 12:20:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Honestly, I was looking at the POF MP5 clones but if the MPX gets good reviews I'll probably just go that way.  Especially if they put out the model with the "muzzle break" now that the BATFE got their winkie slapped in court.

The version with the brace is appealing as well.  I just don't like the side folder bit.  I can live with it though.  After shooting a real MP5SD (pre86) I'm kind of hooked on pistol caliber carbines with wire stocks.

Link Posted: 5/27/2014 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Honestly, I was looking at the POF MP5 clones but if the MPX gets good reviews I'll probably just go that way.  Especially if they put out the model with the "muzzle break" now that the BATFE got their winkie slapped in court.

The version with the brace is appealing as well.  I just don't like the side folder bit.  I can live with it though.  After shooting a real MP5SD (pre86) I'm kind of hooked on pistol caliber carbines with wire stocks.

View Quote

Where are you getting this info from? So you are saying that the lawsuit case Sig vs BATFE has already been heard in court? Seems kind of fast as it was just filed in April which was not to long ago. Cases in Federal Court could take years to be heard.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Where are you getting this info from? So you are saying that the lawsuit case Sig vs BATFE has already been heard in court? Seems kind of fast as it was just filed in April which was not to long ago. Cases in Federal Court could take years to be heard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll try to find it later today but there was a big thread in GD about it. Judge rules that it couldn't be a suppressor on the basis that the ATF's own rulings say it has to reduce sound, which it can't
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Here's one article I found on the matter...

ATF jumps the gun on Sig MPX
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#48]
MP5 or MPX, MP5 or MPX??????????  

It's a very hard decision for me.  Might just go ahead with the MP5 since we don't have a clue when these are going to hit the market.  I sure would like a integral suppressed MPX.  The one stamp non-sbr version would be nice(if it ever makes it to production).
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Here's one article I found on the matter...

ATF jumps the gun on Sig MPX
View Quote

I did see that one awhile back but it's not related to Sig Sauers lawsuit and I did not see "Sig Sauer" listed anywhere in that article. When this finally does go to court, hopefully it's the same Federal Court Judge that hears the case. It could still take some time before this happens.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Oops!  Sorry, that's not the right article.  I'll try to find the right one...
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top