Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Anybody else know if this is possible?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dsully since you have an MPX and MCX, can you tell us if the metal recoil spring clip on the MPX can be used to replace the plastic clip on the MCX?

You know, I never noticed the MCX one was plastic.   But I can answer that question.  Yes they will swap.  I have plastic in the MPX and aluminum in the MCX right now.   They assemble and function check fine.   No live fire yet.

ETA: I did notice, when properly assembled with springs in place, I could not push the rod out of the clip.   But when purposefully assembled wrong, where the rod is sitting in the clip, but the end not in the slot, not only will can you pull the rod from the clip, but it takes the spring with it!  That must be the issue in the vid.  Sad that so many are getting bad info.   I started to look at the youtube comments, I could only read about 2 before my head started to hurt.

The shapes are a little different,   Pics:

Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You know, I never noticed the MCX one was plastic.   But I can answer that question.  Yes they will swap.  I have plastic in the MPX and aluminum in the MCX right now.   They assemble and function check fine.   No live fire yet.

ETA: I did notice, when properly assembled with springs in place, I could not push the rod out of the clip.   But when purposefully assembled wrong, where the rod is sitting in the clip, but the end not in the slot, not only will can you pull the rod from the clip, but it takes the spring with it!  That must be the issue in the vid.  Sad that so many are getting bad info.   I started to look at the youtube comments, I could only read about 2 before my head started to hurt.

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q609/travis_jennings1/5882C179-F83D-4699-812F-1BDDF1B6C131_zpspyk1hspj.jpg
http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q609/travis_jennings1/0032FCEE-1103-4D33-A1A6-B3D970C29C8D_zpsi8qmn0a3.jpg
http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q609/travis_jennings1/F01D37D5-C491-48D1-8158-69A1CD91D747_zpswbbb0i4x.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dsully since you have an MPX and MCX, can you tell us if the metal recoil spring clip on the MPX can be used to replace the plastic clip on the MCX?

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q609/travis_jennings1/5882C179-F83D-4699-812F-1BDDF1B6C131_zpspyk1hspj.jpg
http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q609/travis_jennings1/0032FCEE-1103-4D33-A1A6-B3D970C29C8D_zpsi8qmn0a3.jpg
http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q609/travis_jennings1/F01D37D5-C491-48D1-8158-69A1CD91D747_zpswbbb0i4x.jpg

Do not swap these.  They are different even though you can swap them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 2:12:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sad that so many are getting bad info.  
View Quote

Yes it is. An otherwise awsome gun gets dinged over what looks to be improper reassembly, shame.

This however did prompt me to call Sig to order some items in efforts to get the MCX on a preventive maintenance schedule. Recoil springs come as a set 2/$20 and are backordered, due to the video I wonder, as Sig doesn't have prices for the plastic retainer,  or charging handle they will be creating them and should be emailing me with that info. They did say that sometime in the near future they will make a parts kit and bolts avail. Also they recommended against using the mpx metal retainer.

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes it is. An otherwise awsome gun gets dinged over what looks to be improper reassembly, shame.

This however did prompt me to call Sig to order some items in efforts to get the MCX on a preventive maintenance schedule. Recoil springs come as a set 2/$20 and are backordered, due to the video I wonder, as Sig doesn't have prices for the plastic retainer,  or charging handle they will be creating them and should be emailing me with that info. They did say that sometime in the near future they will make a parts kit and bolts avail. Also they recommended against using the mpx metal retainer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sad that so many are getting bad info.  

A couple spare plastic retainers would be worth while.

While I had the gun apart, I did look a little more.   there is no front stop for the recoil rods, so IF you did not assemble them correctly in the clip, they can go froward, past the clip pocket.  From there there is only one place to go:  towards eachother.   But that shows the real final cause.   If the rod slips and is bouncing out of the receiver channel, and move towards the centerline,   Thats the path of the bolt carrier travel.   And a if the rod, and spring is in the way, the bolt carrier tower will make spaghetti out of your spring.   That is my best guess at the full method to reproduce the failure in the infamous video.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Have to say, after having my MCX, I'm getting out of this game. It was awesome, but I just want to go back to ARs I can actually get parts for... :(
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Have to say, after having my MCX, I'm getting out of this game. It was awesome, but I just want to go back to ARs I can actually get parts for... :(
View Quote

Let us know when it's in EE.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:14:32 PM EDT
[#7]
No parts? I just ordered some parts as spares from SIG, even posted about it four posts up. If you don't see a part sold online just give SIG a call they'll sell it to you if its in stock and if not I think they take backorders.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I get it, I just really want to build more than anything, fill in holes in my collection, actually do upgrades to my existing collection.

The ad is up, don't know if I can link here.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 12:22:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No parts? I just ordered some parts as spares from SIG, even posted about it four posts up. If you don't see a part sold online just give SIG a call they'll sell it to you if its in stock and if not I think they take backorders.
View Quote
As I mentioned in another thread I've now been waiting over a month for a firing pin for my mpx and a screw for the mcx.
It does give me pause when it takes this long to get small parts that should be available for warranty claims.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 4:04:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As I mentioned in another thread I've now been waiting over a month for a firing pin for my mpx and a screw for the mcx. It does give me pause when it takes this long to get small parts that should be available for warranty claims.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As I mentioned in another thread I've now been waiting over a month for a firing pin for my mpx and a screw for the mcx. It does give me pause when it takes this long to get small parts that should be available for warranty claims.

I see your point, I like it when parts are readily available as well. But then again after all us firearms owners have been though in the last eight years, I want to keep the most critical parts on hand you never know if one day something will change legally and they won't be avail. Anyone that owns a standard AR IMO should have a spare bolt, firing pins, cam pins, retainer pins, gas rings, extractors on hand, and the SIG is no different.  Those parts should be being bought as soon as the firearms is purchased before they are needed, so if there's a wait on the items it still sucks but it doesn't mean my guns down in the meantime. Not trying to be a prick here, just sayin. Hope you get your parts soon!
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I see your point, I like it when parts are readily available as well. But then again after all us firearms owners have been though in the last eight years, I want to keep the most critical parts on hand you never know if one day something will change legally and they won't be avail. Anyone that owns a standard AR IMO should have a spare bolt, firing pins, cam pins, retainer pins, gas rings, extractors on hand, and the SIG is no different.  Those parts should be being bought as soon as the firearms is purchased before they are needed, so if there's a wait on the items it still sucks but it doesn't mean my guns down in the meantime. Not trying to be a prick here, just sayin. Hope you get your parts soon!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think maybe you missed my point. The two parts I needed are proprietary, when I tried to get them they did not have them on hand.
Not because there is a rush on firearms but because the company chose to allot all parts to making new gun and not to stock items for warranty repair.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Any word on 14.5 barrels or at least 16 barrels for pistol owners who want to convert?
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#13]
FYI yesterday I was able to pre order a 5.56 11.5" FDE upper from Sig.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh they'll let you pre order whatever you want. Trick is getting them to fulfill it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Oh they'll let you pre order whatever you want. Trick is getting them to fulfill it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried a month ago and they only had black available to order.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 4:44:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think maybe you missed my point. The two parts I needed are proprietary, when I tried to get them they did not have them on hand. Not because there is a rush on firearms but because the company chose to allot all parts to making new gun and not to stock items for warranty repair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think maybe you missed my point. The two parts I needed are proprietary, when I tried to get them they did not have them on hand. Not because there is a rush on firearms but because the company chose to allot all parts to making new gun and not to stock items for warranty repair.

No didn't miss your point I just take a different perspective. I perfer to keep firing pins and other major wear items on hand for my guns.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 2:23:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

No didn't miss your point I just take a different perspective. I perfer to keep firing pins and other major wear items on hand for my guns.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree but my point was they are not available.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 7:19:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I agree but my point was they are not available.
View Quote

Which is why I perfer to order wear items right away after purchasing the firearm before things have a chance to go wrong. Sig will take back orders. After the last eight years it'd make me nervous to have $1, 600 invested in a firearm, knowing that firing pins are wear items, that the firearm used proprietary firing pins, and be going out shooting the gun and not at least have some on backorder. Having to wait isn't so much an issue if wear items are ordered before they're needed.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Do you guys think we'll ever get SBR length 300BLK uppers for the MCX?
Been pondering if I should get a Sig 762TI-QD during Black Friday or if I should wait another year.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 1:56:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Been pondering if I should get a Sig 762TI-QD during Black Friday or if I should wait another year.
View Quote

I have had a 6.5" 300 Cal-X kit on order since March.... and a fat suppressor handguard since March.     Last time I called, some handguards were shipping, in theory.  So I thought my order would be one of the "Early" ones, but Sig guy said March was more like middle, not early.   Neither has shipped so far.

Point being, since none are shipping yet, and you dont sound like you have one on order, even when they start shipping there is going to be a Huge backlog before they will be "in stock".   So honestly, a year sounds safe to me.   I hope I am wrong.... but...  Sig
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I have had a 6.5" 300 Cal-X kit on order since March.... and a fat suppressor handguard since March.     Last time I called, some handguards were shipping, in theory.  So I thought my order would be one of the "Early" ones, but Sig guy said March was more like middle, not early.   Neither has shipped so far.

Point being, since none are shipping yet, and you dont sound like you have one on order, even when they start shipping there is going to be a Huge backlog before they will be "in stock".   So honestly, a year sounds safe to me.   I hope I am wrong.... but...  Sig
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd really consider getting that kit for one my my SBR lowers but things are moving so slow. I may just do a normal 6.5" AR15 300 BLK upper.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, you can call and order complete uppers now any length.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 12:03:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are they selling complete uppers when all you need is a barrel?  

Either an egregious cash grab or the kits only include barrel/bolt parts.

Edit: and are they shipping these or just taking orders?  Sig has been taking people's money since day one with no product to fulfill the requests.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Edit: and are they shipping these or just taking orders?  Sig has been taking people's money since day one with no product to fulfill the requests.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I needed a complete upper because I found an mcx lower on gunbroker and sbrd it before 41f. The guy I spoke with from sig said the black uppers were getting ready to ship very soon. Fde uppers are looking at Q1 to ship.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Because they can be mounted on standard AR lowers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they can be mounted on standard AR lowers

Got it.  So in true Sig fashion they are doing the cash-grab first and leaving early adopters out in the cold.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone seen the NutinFancy lastest uodate where they are filming with the MCX has a considerable recoil spring failure.   Have we seen any other failures like this?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anyone seen the NutinFancy lastest uodate where they are filming with the MCX has a considerable recoil spring failure.   Have we seen any other failures like this?
View Quote

Yeah the last page or two discusses it. Most think he installed it incorrectly.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was also thinking do you think it's possible with all the standard AR lower firing it could have something to do with the failure?
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#30]
I might get trashed for this but the best thing I did this year was sell my MCX all because of the lack of support for a new platform and ongoing promises for accessories :-(
Never buying another Sig rifle again.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I might get trashed for this but the best thing I did this year was sell my MCX all because of the lack of support for a new platform and ongoing promises for accessories :-(
Never buying another Sig rifle again.
View Quote

That's your decision and it's unfortunate. I do believe that SIG will come out with a lot for the MCX this year as well as some of the aftermarket companies. Having had a Robinson XCR for years, I can certainly understand your frustration. I actually ended up selling mine after years of no support behind it. I don't think the MCX will suffer the same fate.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Same with the ACR.  Much promise but no support.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#33]
How long has Sig been promising caliber change kits?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How long has Sig been promising caliber change kits?
View Quote

Pretty much since January 2015.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

See, this is their problem. I'm fairly new to the Sig world but from what I understand this is a pattern. 
My problem is simply getting warranty parts. My MCX had been down since October 3rd. 

I'm going to give them till the end of this week for my part to arrive. If it doesn't I plan to cancel my form 1 and sell the rifle once the part gets here. 
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

See, this is their problem. I'm fairly new to the Sig world but from what I understand this is a pattern. 
My problem is simply getting warranty parts. My MCX had been down since October 3rd. 

I'm going to give them till the end of this week for my part to arrive. If it doesn't I plan to cancel my form 1 and sell the rifle once the part gets here. 
View Quote

I understand and am sympathetic to the spare parts deal. But in SIG's defense the industry has been crazy upside down. Now maybe things will settle down a bit and we'll see some parts and stuff.

Give it six months maybe.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I understand and am sympathetic to the spare parts deal. But in SIG's defense the industry has been crazy upside down. Now maybe things will settle down a bit and we'll see some parts and stuff.

Give it six months maybe.
View Quote

Yeah, now that the Hillary scare is over, demand for complete rifles is way down.

Now they can focus on parts and accessories.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah, now that the Hillary scare is over, demand for complete rifles is way down.

Now they can focus on parts and accessories.
View Quote

Hopefully we'll see this across the various markets.  22LR ammo is still stoopid expensive and hard to find.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I needed a complete upper because I found an mcx lower on gunbroker and sbrd it before 41f. The guy I spoke with from sig said the black uppers were getting ready to ship very soon. Fde uppers are looking at Q1 to ship.
View Quote

I did the same thing; I'm starting to wish I had just sucked it up and bought an cz 805 pistol before 41f hit
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#40]
This should get interesting soon.  Carrier exchange program.

What's the real scoop on the .300 BO discharge only?

Edit what's the deal in call customer service if you have installed an aftermarket trigger???
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This should get interesting soon.  Carrier exchange program.

What's the real scoop on the .300 BO discharge only?

Edit what's the deal in call customer service if you have installed an aftermarket trigger???
View Quote

My guess is slam fires from dropping a round in the chamber and then dropping the bolt. Also I bet some aftermarket hammers won't release the new firing pin block.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:01:24 PM EDT
[#42]
I've had zero issues with 5.56 or .300. I bet someone who didn't size brass properly had issues.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Drawing of the new carrier assembly.

Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Stated 5k minimum service for springs but engineers going over 10k without issue. "Just hose it off with a cleaner and lube"
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Funny, I spoke to them two days ago... and my cal-x kit is showing a ship date of Aug, 2017....

Someday

Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#46]
So was nutnfancy right
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So was nutnfancy right
View Quote

Or they're pinning it due the nutnfancy's of the world not assembling their rifles correctly.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Funny, I was on the phone with them when I got the email. 
I still still don't have my screw... hahaha 
hopefully they can ship these parts to everyone that needs them faster then they've shipped mine 
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Sig has mad my MCX 4 weeks now since the rifle would not group.  Just heard from customer service today saying the action in the rifle was being replaced.  Said hope to have it done after Christmas.  Looking forward to getting it back.

Anyone heard anything on the release date on the 300blk conversions?  Looking for the 9.5" setup once the form 1 gets back.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 2:01:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sig has mad my MCX 4 weeks now since the rifle would not group.  Just heard from customer service today saying the action in the rifle was being replaced.  Said hope to have it done after Christmas.  Looking forward to getting it back.

Anyone heard anything on the release date on the 300blk conversions?  Looking for the 9.5" setup once the form 1 gets back.
View Quote

I was on the phone with them again today and asked about the caliber conversion kits. He said that when this carrier exchange was done they should be released. 
He made it sound as they were holding them back while working on this problem. 
How true that is? Don't know. But it does make some sense. 
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top